big_daddy_jp

OFFICIAL BIG DADDY JP APOLOGY

So I started a thread in the sand rail tech forum that took a turn for the worst. Although the thought was there, I just couldn’t seem to find the right words to say to get my point across correctly. In doing so, I pissed off a few people and that really wasn’t my intent. I read over my posts tons of times trying to see where I went wrong until I figured it out. You see, there are only a select few people here that know me outside of GD. The ones that do, know that I’m the guy that will stop at every group broke in the dunes to see if I can help before continuing on my ride. I’m the guy that helps wrench on anything in camp that needs fixing. If I have what you need you can use it. With that being said, if something doesn’t come out right when typing, they get what I mean to say and it’s no big deal. As for the rest of you, I can easily come off as an arrogant azzhole and for that I AM SORRY. There are a couple guys on here that I love to banter with but also wouldn’t hesitate to go for a ride or drink a cold one with them! No love loss yet from anyone I’ve come across from here. Moving forward, I will do my best to think before I type and keep my assumptions to myself. 

I forgive you and except your apology my brother.  Wash my truck and we’ll call it even  :bigrin

Accept, not except.

I learned my lesson a couple years ago when i was posting on gd.com after half a bottle of fireball 😕

16 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

So I started a thread in the sand rail tech forum that took a turn for the worst. Although the thought was there, I just couldn’t seem to find the right words to say to get my point across correctly. In doing so, I pissed off a few people and that really wasn’t my intent. I read over my posts tons of times trying to see where I went wrong until I figured it out. You see, there are only a select few people here that know me outside of GD. The ones that do, know that I’m the guy that will stop at every group broke in the dunes to see if I can help before continuing on my ride. I’m the guy that helps wrench on anything in camp that needs fixing. If I have what you need you can use it. With that being said, if something doesn’t come out right when typing, they get what I mean to say and it’s no big deal. As for the rest of you, I can easily come off as an arrogant azzhole and for that I AM SORRY. There are a couple guys on here that I love to banter with but also wouldn’t hesitate to go for a ride or drink a cold one with them! No love loss yet from anyone I’ve come across from here. Moving forward, I will do my best to think before I type and keep my assumptions to myself. 

Now I'm confused.

I thought your posts in that thread were pretty coherent. I think I understood what you typed. I know that I typed exactly what I meant and meant precisely what I typed. 

I don't think it's my place to tell anyone what to do. However, if I think I see someone doing something unsafe, especially for themselves or their families, I think I would be remiss if I didn't mention the unsafe condition or situation. I do this because I care. I don't hate anyone, that takes effort that I choose not to expend. There are several people that I don't care about, so if they do something foolish or stupid, I'm not going to say anything. If I tell someone that I think they're doing something wrong, I'll always suggest a better way, and it's done because I care.

I didn't see you post anything that I felt required an apology, but if it makes you feel better, I accept it.    ;)

Summers not over yet don’t do this. :rotf:

It's the Internet, I try to take everything as impersonal as possible.  Too much possibility for misinterpreting one's intentions, and if you speak plainly, it usually comes off as "arsehole-y".  No harm, no foul from what I saw, it was a fun thread with good discussion, so no need for apologies. :bigrin 

I know my opinion usually matters to no one but I will say

it is very admirable for you to apologize, but in this situation it’s not needed. The thread has some great points on both sides and was actually an enjoyable discussion and with some good entertainment. You seem like a cool guy and hope we can have future banter again with no feelings resulting. 

Hope to enjoy a cold one with you in the sand one day :drinkup:

We have had some Epic / Classic Apology threads . . . :js:

Yore Thread was fine :dunno:  folks DO GET IN OVER THEIR HEAD....it happens, even when folks don't admit it openly. 

Posted (edited)

There are people that look for things to get but hurt about. When they find it they go into full bitch mode and attack you.  Its right up there with an irrational woman screaming "it's how you said it" and "I know what you ment".  

Then there are the experts that have never built anything. They will pick apart a build thread to the point you ask yourself why am I going to the trouble to post this, so you stop. 

So things are better show or discussed on less open forms. 

From what I read you are not the one that should be apologising as it wasn't you that took a generalized statement so personal that they went off on you.

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

I haven’t read the post and have no idea what happened or what anyone is talking about but if there’s a group hug or some shit going down, count me in :hah:

All is good, we all want everyone to be safe and drive the buggy back on the trailer at the end of the week.  I do a walk around at every stop to look for obvious things, on my buggy and others.  I added submarine belts after seeing a young girl just about exit a buggy during a hard nose in.  I added wrist restraints after seeing pictures here (nasty).  I just want this site to provide that type of help and education in helping others fix problems.  It always amazes me what details some of the members here can pick out of a picture of a buggy and know it's wrong.  I might have over re-acted.....  NAH.  😊  I just don't want to discourage the do it yourself folks.  Carry on, keep the beer cold, and we can discuss this around the fire with a beer, cheers!  

No apology needed here. It was a good topic and I was pretty sure where you were going with it when I read the title and before, in your words, it took a turn for the worse. It generated a lot of discussion.

Maybe I'll be one of the next guys you have to help in the dunes. Because.....................you know, most of the time, I'm in over my head.

Thanks in advance.

On the OB public apology scale you registered acceptable.

That's a good man right there.  I don't know what it was regarding, but to step up like that is very commendable.

I enjoy this forum and all of the info from the members.  👌🏼 

13 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

On the OB public apology scale you registered acceptable.

Lol!!!

Saw this and thought it fit.

"We are made better when we work together"

I forgive you! Coors Light will make everything better between us! Peace

2 hours ago, CHEFF said:

I forgive you! Coors Light will make everything better between us! Peace

Take a number!!!!!  I was first in line asking for a truck wash and I haven’t even got that yet.

1 hour ago, RK Racing said:

Take a number!!!!!  I was first in line asking for a truck wash and I haven’t even got that yet.

That was rude. I think you should apologize.