Mac

Assault weapons bans and Gun buy-back programs

Posted (edited)

So demon-crat candidates are jumping on the assault weapons ban.  They have forgot all about AR-15 and now all saying AKs.  

The things they are asking for will do nothing to curb violence.  Background checks, closing gun show loopholes, boyfriend loopholes...blah, blah, blah....

Then there's this "mandatory assault weapon" buy-back program.  Stupid.  How are they going to pay for it?  Oh Yeah....raise my f*cking taxes!  And what are their plans?  Offer $100-200 per gun.  That won't even buy the trigger.  They are f*cking high if they think someone is going to give up their $1000+ gun for a store gift card or $100.  I'll also bet...if they do pay for a buy-back program...you'll have to report it as income and they tax it.

Why can't there be any meaningful discussion on how to fix this?  demon-crats have screamed "mental health issue" over this until Trump said it's a "mental health issue" and now we are back to it being a gun issue.  SO...if it's not a mental health issue...what are background checks REALLY going to do?  There are already laws they say criminals and people with violence histories/restraining orders can't own guns.  So what is another law going to do to stop them from the law that's already telling them not to?

So tired of this shit.

Edited by Mac

18 minutes ago, Mac said:

So demon-crat candidates are jumping on the assault weapons ban.  They have forgot all about AR-15 and now all saying AKs.  

The things they are asking for will do nothing to curb violence.  Background checks, closing gun show loopholes, boyfriend loopholes...blah, blah, blah....

Then there's this "mandatory assault weapon" buy-back program.  Stupid.  How are they going to pay for it?  Oh Yeah....raise my f*cking taxes!  And what are their plans?  Offer $100-200 per gun.  That won't even buy the trigger.  They are f*cking high if they think someone is going to give up their $1000+ gun for a store gift card or $100.  I'll also bet...if they do pay for a buy-back program...you'll have to report it as income and they tax it.

Why can't there be any meaningful discussion on how to fix this?  demon-crats have screamed "mental health issue" over this until Trump said it's a "mental health issue" and now we are back to it being a gun issue.  SO...if it's not a mental health issue...what are background checks REALLY going to do?  There are already laws they say criminals and people with violence histories/restraining orders can't own guns.  So what is another law going to do to stop them from the law that's already telling them not to?

So tired of this shit.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-11/mass-shooters-seek-notoriety-in-media

Think CNN, et al, will do anything about it?  I'm guessing no.  From the article:

"These perpetrators are specifically seeking a legacy,” said Adam Lankford, a professor of criminology at the University of Alabama.

One study of the deadliest 31 mass shootings since 1966 found that 87% of mass shooters expressed an explicit or circumstantial desire for fame and attention. Another study found that many mass shooters used previous mass shooters as inspiration, role models and idols, fueled by reporting on their backgrounds.

In 2015, researchers documented a contagion effect for mass shootings, offering mathematical proof that mass shootings incited subsequent mass shootings. They calculated that there’s a heightened chance of mass shootings for a 13-day period after one occurs, and that one school shooting incites an average of .22 new incidents. Intensive media coverage played a role, the study says.

A review of mass-shooting coverage by the media also revealed disproportionate attention paid to the shooter — 16 times more images of shooters are published than are those of their victims — according to a recent study.

Those images, and the reams of content we produce about these incidents, fuel a long-standing online subculture in places like Tumblr, Facebook, DeviantArt and YouTube. In these forums, devotees of mass murderers (the Sandy Hook shooter was one) discuss strategies, share articles and debate murderers as if they were favorite athletes.

These spaces incubate future shooters. And repeated media exposure to violent acts breaks down the taboo of killing in the mind of a potential mass shooter, said Peter Langman, an expert on the psychology of mass killers.

“We’re seeing a rise because the phenomenon is feeding on itself,” Langman said. “Every time the taboo is broken, it makes it easier for the next person to cross that threshold.”

But yeah, keep blaming the guns, not the person's motivations, etc.  I'm sure once we completely get rid of all the guns in the country, these murderers (NOT shooters) will turn to macrame... 

To expand: we need to stop calling them shooters.  Shooters can be confused with cowboys of the old west, riflemen, etc.  These are murderers, plain and simple.  Calling them "shooters" gives them an unnecessary nod towards being bad asses, which they are most decidedly not.

Gun control is not about safety that's why that argument never over comes the hysteria to blame the tool. 

Gun control is about one thing and one thing only. Disarming the people! The powers that run these mass shootings which always happen when some real dirt comes out about a Democrat, use it to creat fear. Scard stupid people look to the government to protect them. They have been cutting away at everything that make this country great since before the killed Kennedy.

Gun control is keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction until you are ready to fire. Anything else labeled as gun control is an infringement on the second amendment. 

I have no answers, only observations and questions.

I am 48, grew up in Arizona my whole life. All through school there were always confrontations, some times two people just did not get along. But there was always a way to settle it. After school at the bike racks, alley across the street, etc. And one of two things would happen, you kicked ass or got your ass kicked. And 80% of the time it ended with a mutual respect for each other and a friendship comes out of it. Sure there were guns around back then, most of the time in nightstand drawers and not locked up. Because we knew that if you touched it you would get beat ! So, is that the issue ? Lack of parental discipline due too government saying how we need to raise our kids ? Teachers can no longer discipline kids int he classroom with out a law suit these days. 

Do parents need to start being held responsible for the kids getting their guns and committing crimes? Or maybe if parents would be involved parents instead of trying to be more like a "cool uncle" and be all up in their kids business and know who they are hanging around with and call those parents on a regular basis if your kid is over there a lot ? 

Then there is the media ? I think they should not put up the picture or the name of the "murdering coward" instead report on the victims only. Take away their 5 minutes of fame. 

To blame video games is like blaming cartoon, we say the coyote try to kill the road runner how many times ? and you never heard of some idiot trying to drop a huge safe off a mountain top to try and kill someone ? I don't know what it is, but there has to be some smart people out there that can see what has changed in the last 20  years (social media ) that has made this an all too frequent occurrence. 

Like aoc says in one speech. She doesnt see any reason to own guns. Then in another she says the government is enslaving people and building concentration camps. Apparently she doesnt realize you must stand up for yourself because govt. certainly isnt gonna

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mac said:

So tired of this shit.

shame on you for bringing common sense and reason into a political discussion with Demon-crats and guns.. :nono::sarcasm:

Edited by SCHMIDTY

The decades assault on the American family is the problem and what has lead to a lot of this. Moms use to stay home and if you slipped up your world ended when dad got home. You learned to behave. Then mom's where forced to work to make ends meet. Fathers where pushed out of parenting, first in the black community. Since welfare is expensive they shifted the focus to family law courts. No happy get divorced, need to find your self get divorced. Once the divorce happens the father is put in a visitation position his ability to disaplin is basically stripped away. Then you make him pay dearly as an example to future generations. These boys grow up with absent fathers and see that marriage is a bad choice. So you get a generation raised by women. Not that women are bad parents but they don't put a needed boot in a kids ass like a father can. Kids need both parents if not you get what we call millenials. The weakest most pathetic generation of losers ever.

1 hour ago, i8sand said:

I am 48, grew up in Arizona my whole life. All through school there were always confrontations, some times two people just did not get along. But there was always a way to settle it. After school at the bike racks, alley across the street, etc. And one of two things would happen, you kicked ass or got your ass kicked. And 80% of the time it ended with a mutual respect for each other and a friendship comes out of it. Sure there were guns around back then, most of the time in nightstand drawers and not locked up. Because we knew that if you touched it you would get beat ! So, is that the issue ? Lack of parental discipline due too government saying how we need to raise our kids ? Teachers can no longer discipline kids int he classroom with out a law suit these days. 

Do parents need to start being held responsible for the kids getting their guns and committing crimes? Or maybe if parents would be involved parents instead of trying to be more like a "cool uncle" and be all up in their kids business and know who they are hanging around with and call those parents on a regular basis if your kid is over there a lot ? 

Then there is the media ? I think they should not put up the picture or the name of the "murdering coward" instead report on the victims only. Take away their 5 minutes of fame. 

To blame video games is like blaming cartoon, we say the coyote try to kill the road runner how many times ? and you never heard of some idiot trying to drop a huge safe off a mountain top to try and kill someone ? I don't know what it is, but there has to be some smart people out there that can see what has changed in the last 20  years (social media ) that has made this an all too frequent occurrence. 

There are already laws that require gun owners to keep guns out to the hands of minors.  I wonder how many parents get charged with those laws after a kid goes and shoots up a school?

1 hour ago, i8sand said:

These mass murderers are not trying to settle a beef with one other kid. They're losers who everyone ignores and they think that this is how they'll become famous, by shooting up their school.

Hell, after every major school shooting, there is a bunch of kids making false threats online, thinking it's going to make them look cool. I find it impossible to believe that a normal parent, paying attention to their kid, would miss the antisocial behavior leading up to their attack. There are a lot of people who need to wake up and admit they aren't raising a normal well adjusted kid. They need to take a good hard look and admit their kid needs some serious help and possible long term care in a loony bin.

3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

But yeah, keep blaming the guns, not the person's motivations, etc.  I'm sure once we completely get rid of all the guns in the country, these murderers (NOT shooters) will turn to macrame... 

It reminds me of England, the biggest failure on the planet. They used to be a world super power, now they're just a sad little island full of Libtards. They're taxing themselves to death to pay for a lousy national healthcare system and an insane number of people living in "estate housing" (ghettos) and living on "the dole."

They registered all of their guns, which led to confiscation. Now they're dealing with murderers using knives, bats and people attacking each other with acid. They're too stupid to realize the guns, knives, bats and acid aren't the problem, it's people's desire to murder one another.

An entire nation devoted to getting drunk, fighting, and destroying all of their freedoms in the insane quest for safety. Even their pellet guns are restricted to much lower power than the rest of the world.

Let's learn from England's mistakes and not do anything they've done. The writing is all over the wall, their stupidity is staggering!

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

The decades assault on the American family is the problem and what has lead to a lot of this. Moms use to stay home and if you slipped up your world ended when dad got home. You learned to behave. Then mom's where forced to work to make ends meet. Fathers where pushed out of parenting, first in the black community. Since welfare is expensive they shifted the focus to family law courts. No happy get divorced, need to find your self get divorced. Once the divorce happens the father is put in a visitation position his ability to disaplin is basically stripped away. Then you make him pay dearly as an example to future generations. These boys grow up with absent fathers and see that marriage is a bad choice. So you get a generation raised by women. Not that women are bad parents but they don't put a needed boot in a kids ass like a father can. Kids need both parents if not you get what we call millenials. The weakest most pathetic generation of losers ever.

Don't forget Dr Spock who wrote books telling people not to discipline their kids, just talk them to boredom. He later admitted he was entirely wrong, but the damage was already done. At least 2 generations have been raised with no discipline, just yammered to death.

Every time I hear some dumb bitch or man-bun wearing dumbass tying to reason with a 1 yr old using words that high school kids don't understand, I just want to smack some sense into their empty noggins!

Edited by socaldmax

I wonder how different the Hong Kong protests would be if the citizens had a 2A

14 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

This is true justice. Not the justice system that lets people go with only a slap on the hand or where they serve a quarter of the time in jail. Gonna be hard to rob a store again!

We never had this problem before....... ban vaping, this contributes to gun violence

One of the main problems IMO is how well publicized gun violence is (well, except black on black violence in Detroit, Chicago, etc.). If deaths by DUI were on the media as much as "mass shootings" people would be afraid to go near a roadway, and would probably forget about "gun violence". Mass murders won't stop even if guns could be erased from history. Humans have been killing each other from the beginning of time. But guns are hyped up to be these super scary evil things.

Mental health is obviously a big problem. Many of the recent mass murderers seem to have a history of instability with no corrective action. 

Interesting statistics!  the research of Prof. John Lott at the University of Chicago

Here are some facts:
    There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091 as of June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.00925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant. What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
    65% of those deaths are by suicide, which would never be prevented by gun laws.
    15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified.
    17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – better known as gun violence.
     3% are accidental discharge deaths.
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.
    480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
    344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
    333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
    119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
    Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So, if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
    Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assaults are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
    40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
    36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
    34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).
Here's the surprise:
    200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!
    710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It's time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So, what is the point? If the liberals and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.).
    A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total number of gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides ................ Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions! So, you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns?
It's simple:
    Taking away our guns gives control to government. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule just as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.
Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, sausage450r said:

That sucked azz, they cut the video just when it was about to get good.

Edited by Kat-A-Tonic

"Taking away our guns gives control to government." I've heard this many many times before.  I just don't think our government is that smart. 

How long would this process take, generations? I know, I'm just another "sheep". To me these conspiracy theories are like god, "prove it".

1 minute ago, Rucker said:

"Taking away our guns gives control to government." I've heard this many many times before.  I just don't think our government is that smart. 

How long would this process take, generations? I know, I'm just another "sheep". To me these conspiracy theories are like god, "prove it".

Just look at every "democratic republic" in the world today. I believe every single one has killed off all of their political opponents and installed themselves in power after disarming the population.

Were you sleeping during world history class? 

3 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Just look at every "democratic republic" in the world today. I believe every single one has killed off all of their political opponents and installed themselves in power after disarming the population.

Were you sleeping during world history class? 

This is so funny! " I believe" It's so easy to pick this whole statement apart. You are going to have to bring better than this for me to 

jump on board. "Were you sleeping during world history class? " What he actually is saying is that I'm "stupid", very common attack.

I would have to jump to conclusions to get from my world history class what you got when you were in high school. You have thought this way

since high school and still haven't fixed the problem?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Rucker said:

How does letting the govt supress our constitutional rights NOT shift power to the government?

There is a reason we are a republic and not a democracy. Initially it was to bind the original unites states after the revolutionary war because the country was so diverse each area had different needs and ideals, which remains today

Edited by sausage450r