John@Outfront Mtrsprts

LML duramax inlet metering valve upgrade

https://mddperformance.com/collections/frontpage/products/exergy-cp4-saver-inlet-metering-valve

My 2013 truck has 190K on it and  I have done "zero" repairs to my motor other than normal maintenance.  I love my truck.  My friend is interested in this and thinks its a good idea for mine

What do the "guys who know" say?

also what is the time to install this part?

6 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

https://mddperformance.com/collections/frontpage/products/exergy-cp4-saver-inlet-metering-valve

My 2013 truck has 190K on it and  I have done "zero" repairs to my motor other than normal maintenance.  I love my truck.  My friend is interested in this and thinks its a good idea for mine

What do the "guys who know" say?

also what is the time to install this part?

If you’ve already got 190k on it I don’t think that valve is gonna save your cp4. If it’s lasted this long I wouldn’t worry to much about it, on the flip side if it’s gonna go out it’s gonna go, and could already be on its way with that kind of mileage.

i was looking at trucks to upgrade from my 05 duramax and went with an 09 lmm duramax because I didn’t like the issues people are having with cp4’s. My 05 had the LLY which is the one with head gasket issues, I put many miles on it and never had an issue with the head gaskets, worst thing I had to do was a water pump, let’s hope I’m this lucky with the new truck! 

Some of them go much sooner, some of them go much longer. You can install that triple throw down fuel pressure regulator if you want, it looks like it's just got a finer screen. We do replace a fair number of fuel systems on LMLs due to pump failure, it is an expensive job. Some get lucky and theirs falls under the special policy for them. 190K is out though. 

You can always upgrade to the new body style 2020 while yours is still running, we've got 'em on the lot already. 450hp and almost 1000tq (I don't know the official numbers) from the L5P.