Jump to content
Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 8/24/19 what are you doing this weekend?

Recommended Posts

resting after i nice bbq salmon dinner pool side

20190824_192512.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooked up some sea bass, did some designing😉, and swung the sticks.  It was a good day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting stuff ready for Stugots to do some msgic!!! Cleaning 12 years of stuff up in a cargo trailer....... cant wait to have it purged and disled in!

3C3B1E67-400F-4D66-BB79-F42E61F8A2F4.jpeg

CD6F7536-4649-42B5-98C0-B521E4D8CD22.jpeg

2F9C692B-023F-4CF8-A92A-EE9A6F992AC7.jpeg

C5DF1284-6BF5-4DFB-B1BA-7D8D376B5DF5.jpeg

BDE1E6C7-7340-467B-B64C-489C903EBB9E.jpeg

CFBE04D7-F9CE-40B2-89E9-D2D0400A7DA6.jpeg

DAB90186-7DC0-4A35-8ED0-9E5BD6BFB3BF.jpeg

6CC5FF54-1EE7-4C79-ADFA-682A5EEAD0AB.jpeg

F38D8CDF-3AD8-4FFE-9BCB-F7A1938DF638.jpeg

A5F123CD-43FB-4240-B5F9-279FF7A5BA47.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked

IMG_20190824_114218427_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190824_114226174.jpg

IMG_20190824_114223035.jpg

IMG_20190824_151257254_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190823_121942922_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190823_124351242_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190823_132723136_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davyjones said:

Working on broken capacitor banks in the heart of san bernardino 

Thank you for your service 👊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepping to build a 18x50 alumiwood patio cover at the compound in OW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bought some lanterns Friday at an estate sale.  So I needed to sell some of my other stuff on Saturday at a Campo yard sale.  Ended up trading 2 of my lanterns for a buddy's lantern model I dont have....

 

20190823_141932.jpg

20190824_074144.jpg

20190825_115432.jpg

Edited by Bansh88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

It was proper. 🤣

Chevy was towing the Ford!

IMG_20190822_114302.jpg

Yes but the back window of the truck has a sticker of ford peeing on Chevy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hexnutz said:

Yes but the back window of the truck has a sticker of ford peeing on Chevy 

That's makes it all the funnier....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stugots said:

Laughing at the fact that Poule is doing all the work on his trailer thinking I'm actually coming down to epoxy the floor in it.  :lol:

 

Dude...that's messed up... :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hexnutz said:

Yes but the back window of the truck has a sticker of ford peeing on Chevy 

Old west days, you saw horses pulling stage coaches. Bet you weren't thinkin, I want to be that darn lucky horse right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brushed off the cobbwebbs and took the buggy down to our local  hot rod cruise nights. Had to trailer it a Ross town but was able to drive around a little on the street.  Got Lots of questions and pics taken,  I was not expecting that.  Buddy of mine stopped by to show me the new mosebuilt chassis he picked up, he's gonna assemble it at home.  

IMG_20190823_175208462_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190823_175149457.jpg

IMG_20190823_175121282.jpg

IMG_20190823_171907611_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190824_103714741_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Richard H said:

Old west days, you saw horses pulling stage coaches. Bet you weren't thinkin, I want to be that darn lucky horse right there.

 If I understand you correctly I believe you’re implying something like this .....  The Ford is the king and the Chevys are the servants carting the king around...... :bigrin

BB48BF80-6B0F-4ACA-91FC-2B5CE6F3C6F4.png

Edited by RK Racing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 2turbofords said:

Buddy of mine stopped by to show me the new mosebuilt chassis he picked up, he's gonna assemble it at home.  

I'd like to see how that turns out. If your buddy doesn't mind, and you get some pics, post them up, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

 If I understand you correctly I believe you’re implying something like this .....  The Ford is the king and the Chevys are the servants carting the king around...... :bigrin

BB48BF80-6B0F-4ACA-91FC-2B5CE6F3C6F4.png

Absolutely, a perfect example! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Richard H said:

Absolutely, a perfect example! 

:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  95% of Ford Trucks Sold Are Still On The Road. The Other 5% Made It Home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richard H said:

Absolutely, a perfect example! 

what i see in the analogy is sounds like the chevys are the work horses to me and kings are fat sluggish and cant do any work.  

Edited by John@Outfront Mtrsprts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second weekend of trying to get the pump station working on the trailer.

When I got the trailer the pump station didn't work, I knew this it even came with a brand new in box pump.

So I decide it was time to get this either changed out or fixed.

Open up the pump remove the gears and give them a quick sanding.  Re-install everything appears to move freely. Turn on the switch, nothing happens. Search the coach just in case there is another master switch, Nope there isn't. What I do find is that there is no fuse in that opening. Install fuse turn on pump and still nothing.  Pull out my trust Fluke and check voltage, I have voltage at the splice outside the pump housing.  Well I guess I install that new pump after all.

Open electrical compartment and guess what, the pump has been disconnected. Re-connect and I have a running pump. Victory is mine..... Wait not so fast!!!!

The inlet reducing washer has a slight drip, well it's not so slight but the thing has been sitting dry for who know's how long. Pump out about 9 gallons of fuel and walk away for the day.

Stop by Homer Depot and buy some pipe tape that is rated for gasoline.

Day 2 (Yesterday) head out in the cool of the morning and remove the inlet side hose and fitting, re-tape re-install fire up pump and no more drip. Victory is Mine !!!!  Not so fast....

Now the outlet side is leaking, not bad just barely a drop, but hey I have the tpae it seemed to work on the other side of the pump. Victory will be mine.

Well now I start to look at what I have to do to get the outlet hose off.  I will have to remove the handle ( part that the local gas station has)  back feed the hose thru three holes in the frame and drawer.  I can do this.

Try to remove handle she is not budging.... Well it's only a drop and it hasn't even dripped onto the ground yet.  So I will just give that fitting a little love and see if that helps......

Danger Will Robinson do not touch that!!!!

 

 

This is where shit goes wrong!!!!!!!

 

Now the hose is leaking and not just a drop.  The hose was pretty dried out and has cracked.

 

Crap now what am I going to do, I will have to replace the hose, who the hell sells those hoses......

 

 

Wait My Brother-in Law sells, builds and installs hydraulic hoses for a living now. Call him up, Sure bring it by we can build you a new one in no time at all.  Cool see you this week.  Sorry MWB on vacation till after Labor day..

 

Still spent half an hour getting that hose off the pump. Going to be interesting to re-install it that's for sure

 

Today I am at the office printing stuff so I can work remotely all week long from the job site, my printer is on it's last leg I think. It's down to one sheet at a time before I have to by-pass the HP maintenance kit #2 required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MWB said:

Second weekend of trying to get the pump station working on the trailer.

When I got the trailer the pump station didn't work, I knew this it even came with a brand new in box pump.

So I decide it was time to get this either changed out or fixed.

Open up the pump remove the gears and give them a quick sanding.  Re-install everything appears to move freely. Turn on the switch, nothing happens. Search the coach just in case there is another master switch, Nope there isn't. What I do find is that there is no fuse in that opening. Install fuse turn on pump and still nothing.  Pull out my trust Fluke and check voltage, I have voltage at the splice outside the pump housing.  Well I guess I install that new pump after all.

Open electrical compartment and guess what, the pump has been disconnected. Re-connect and I have a running pump. Victory is mine..... Wait not so fast!!!!

The inlet reducing washer has a slight drip, well it's not so slight but the thing has been sitting dry for who know's how long. Pump out about 9 gallons of fuel and walk away for the day.

Stop by Homer Depot and buy some pipe tape that is rated for gasoline.

Day 2 (Yesterday) head out in the cool of the morning and remove the inlet side hose and fitting, re-tape re-install fire up pump and no more drip. Victory is Mine !!!!  Not so fast....

Now the outlet side is leaking, not bad just barely a drop, but hey I have the tpae it seemed to work on the other side of the pump. Victory will be mine.

Well now I start to look at what I have to do to get the outlet hose off.  I will have to remove the handle ( part that the local gas station has)  back feed the hose thru three holes in the frame and drawer.  I can do this.

Try to remove handle she is not budging.... Well it's only a drop and it hasn't even dripped onto the ground yet.  So I will just give that fitting a little love and see if that helps......

Danger Will Robinson do not touch that!!!!

 

 

This is where shit goes wrong!!!!!!!

 

Now the hose is leaking and not just a drop.  The hose was pretty dried out and has cracked.

 

Crap now what am I going to do, I will have to replace the hose, who the hell sells those hoses......

 

 

Wait My Brother-in Law sells, builds and installs hydraulic hoses for a living now. Call him up, Sure bring it by we can build you a new one in no time at all.  Cool see you this week.  Sorry MWB on vacation till after Labor day..

 

Still spent half an hour getting that hose off the pump. Going to be interesting to re-install it that's for sure

 

Today I am at the office printing stuff so I can work remotely all week long from the job site, my printer is on it's last leg I think. It's down to one sheet at a time before I have to by-pass the HP maintenance kit #2 required.

Where are you located? I have a few hoses, one is brand new you can have. I did the exact same thing you did with my fuel station. I dropped the tank and had it lined. Replaced all the fuel hoses and rebuilt the pump. Put a new shut off nozzle on it.

I have a extra parts for my fuel tanks with work. I even have a brand new auto shut off nozzle for you if you want it. 

Im in lakeside. If you’re close swing on by! 

A0CB224F-8219-4B8A-9566-9B9111A34089.jpeg

B4ADCBB6-8A4B-4B8F-8807-878E9E6857F1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20190825_114811.jpgHouse call today for a local client/friend. Had his Tatum rack and shocks rebuilt. Also changing a bad front seal on the twin turbo CBM RHS LS7.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

 

 

:lol: 

Edited by MWB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, B0NES said:

Where are you located? I have a few hoses, one is brand new you can have. I did the exact same thing you did with my fuel station. I dropped the tank and had it lined. Replaced all the fuel hoses and rebuilt the pump. Put a new shut off nozzle on it.

I have a extra parts for my fuel tanks with work. I even have a brand new auto shut off nozzle for you if you want it. 

Im in lakeside. If you’re close swing on by! 

A0CB224F-8219-4B8A-9566-9B9111A34089.jpeg

B4ADCBB6-8A4B-4B8F-8807-878E9E6857F1.jpeg

I am in Az. so that would be not close at all :lol:

 

 

Thanks for the offer though I am sure somebody around here will need it sooner or later who doesn't have access to a hydraulic hose repair van/ shop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MWB said:

I am in Az. so that would be not close at all :lol:

 

 

Thanks for the offer though I am sure somebody around here will need it sooner or later who doesn't have access to a hydraulic hose repair van/ shop.

I looked at your profile after I sent it and saw Arizona. Oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mac said:

That's makes it all the funnier....

 

Yes but did he mention he’s driving the ford truck around now it’s not being towed by the Chevy and ford boy is peeing on Chevy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...