Hey everyone,

I was at St Anthony's and saw a lot of the Turbo S and Can Am's running 30" paddles along with many cars running 32" paddles. I have the 2 seat Turbo S and am wondering which are actually better? Has anyone tried both? Thanks for any feedback given.

32" paddle set up will give you more ground clearance and less of chance of smacking the rear on a g-out.  Plus you have a Turbo S which comes with 32" tires stock.  The clutching is set up for 32" tires.   No need to go to a smaller tire.

My friends that have the Turbo S all run 32" paddle tires. 

There are several options in a 32" paddle tire set up.  Which one you choose depends on your budget. 

Thanks for the response. Wasn't sure if they were running the 30's to free up a little hp.

5 hours ago, WillyRay said:

Thanks for the response. Wasn't sure if they were running the 30's to free up a little hp.

Most likely the RZR owners just kept their paddles from their previous RZR.  Especially if what you saw was a regular turbo XP.

The Can Am X3 comes stock with 30” tires.  I ran 30” paddles for a season.  Switched to 32s last season and won’t go back to a 30” set up. 

I agree w/ Sand Shark.  On the Turbo S you'll want a 32".  It's the height the entire car is designed around (suspension, clutching, etc.).   If you're worried about the 32" taking too much power to turn, look into paddle count, stagger cutting, lighter wheels, etc as well as an adjustable clutch kit so you can get the most out of it.   We have a 'regular' XPT, so I have a ~30" tire on it (1300 Padla Trak) and I like it a lot, but I think it'd be under-sized for the S. 

-TJ

I recommend 32's.  These newer cars turn them fine, the ground clearance is worth it, and they look awesome!  

Subscribed ... I have emailed, called and even tried going by Fullerton Sand Sports to discuss this topic. I have not heard back from them or been able to talk to anyone. I have owned three sandrails prior to buying my X3 and always went with a little smaller paddle tire or little smaller paddle so as not to bog the motor down and also allow the tire to have a little slip to save clutches and CV joints. On the other hand, I know the bigger tire helps with the ride quality and soaking up the little chop in the dunes and around highly traveled areas. Anyway, I am trying to make this decision as well, I have just been waiting till I am really sure of what to get because it isn't a cheap purchase to have to make twice. I will be watching opinions on this, hopefully those that have experience with both sizes will chime in ....

On 8/24/2019 at 11:44 AM, Sand Shark said:

32" paddle set up will give you more ground clearance and less of chance of smacking the rear on a g-out.  Plus you have a Turbo S which comes with 32" tires stock.  The clutching is set up for 32" tires.   No need to go to a smaller tire.

My friends that have the Turbo S all run 32" paddle tires. 

There are several options in a 32" paddle tire set up.  Which one you choose depends on your budget. 

Nailed it - this is exactly what I've experienced and what the folks in our group have.  

53 minutes ago, jailbird said:

Subscribed ... I have emailed, called and even tried going by Fullerton Sand Sports to discuss this topic. I have not heard back from them or been able to talk to anyone. I have owned three sandrails prior to buying my X3 and always went with a little smaller paddle tire or little smaller paddle so as not to bog the motor down and also allow the tire to have a little slip to save clutches and CV joints. On the other hand, I know the bigger tire helps with the ride quality and soaking up the little chop in the dunes and around highly traveled areas. Anyway, I am trying to make this decision as well, I have just been waiting till I am really sure of what to get because it isn't a cheap purchase to have to make twice. I will be watching opinions on this, hopefully those that have experience with both sizes will chime in ....

Call Sandcraft RCR.  They sell the 32" paddles and are really knowledgable on size.  I had a bunch of questions before I dumped $2K on paddles and they answered them very well.

4 hours ago, jailbird said:

Fullerton will push you toward their brand paddle tire set up (forgot the name), which is not a bad.   Just really heavy unless you have them comp cut.   

Looking for a set of 30" Skat Traks, once you upgrade yours to 32".   :)