ltpyro

piston skitrt clearance

Haha now that the LS conversation has begun...

I swapped my 3.5 to an LS2 and couldn't be happier. The torque you have right off of idle is truly amazing. We can be putzing around in 3rd, goose the throttle and the torque comes on instantly.

For me I could care less who's car with whatever engine can spank the shit out of my LS, I like the rumble of a V8 and I like the fact that it is American muscle making the wheels go 'round. 

An advantage of an LS engine is that it doesn't have to work very hard at all to make 500hp, unlike a turbo'd Honda that's on the verge of explosion every time you open the throttle. The only advantage I see with a Honda is their relatively low cost when you use them NA, but you're still a couple grand into it to make it run. There is no doubt some very fast cars with Honda power but like anything how fast you want to go depends on how much money you are willing to throw at it, or how often.

My Honda ran very good, I just wanted more grunt when I needed it and I wasn't really a fan of turbos so a NA 6.0 was right up my alley. 

On the flipside, I'd love to hook up with a group of V8, Honda or Subaru guys and carve some dunes this season.

6 hours ago, fortyfour said:

Haha now that the LS conversation has begun...

I swapped my 3.5 to an LS2 and couldn't be happier. The torque you have right off of idle is truly amazing. We can be putzing around in 3rd, goose the throttle and the torque comes on instantly.

For me I could care less who's car with whatever engine can spank the shit out of my LS, I like the rumble of a V8 and I like the fact that it is American muscle making the wheels go 'round. 

An advantage of an LS engine is that it doesn't have to work very hard at all to make 500hp, unlike a turbo'd Honda that's on the verge of explosion every time you open the throttle. The only advantage I see with a Honda is their relatively low cost when you use them NA, but you're still a couple grand into it to make it run. There is no doubt some very fast cars with Honda power but like anything how fast you want to go depends on how much money you are willing to throw at it, or how often.

My Honda ran very good, I just wanted more grunt when I needed it and I wasn't really a fan of turbos so a NA 6.0 was right up my alley. 

On the flipside, I'd love to hook up with a group of V8, Honda or Subaru guys and carve some dunes this season.

forty four, if you ever want to go to Dumont let me know, we have about 8-12 full size cars in camp,

On 8/30/2019 at 1:40 PM, Legit Duner said:

A HP queen at 1800hp just running the drags sees the same, if not less abuse than street racers. Hitting the limiter all day with races all day and night isn't exactly driving Mrs. Daisey

A smooth pavement run thru all the gears then cooling it down for 20min while you trash talk the loser is drag life. No whoops that send huge load spikes to the bottom end, no long on that throttle hill climbs (8-9sec vs. a bunch more). Also for high mile per hour runs you have huge air flowing around that motor and cooling system vs. in the butt of a rail with isolating sand everywhere.

Sand. eats. motors.

1 hour ago, JGSturbo said:

A smooth pavement run thru all the gears then cooling it down for 20min while you trash talk the loser is drag life. No whoops that send huge load spikes to the bottom end, no long on that throttle hill climbs (8-9sec vs. a bunch more). Also for high mile per hour runs you have huge air flowing around that motor and cooling system vs. in the butt of a rail with isolating sand everywhere.

Sand. eats. motors.

well said, when we had a issue with Manley Valves and Talked to Ferrea they said the Whoops adds just as much valve shock to the valves as it does the transmission, even a 250 mile offroad race allot of motors do not make it,