SANDPSYCHO

What is better?

There is an endless, always growing list of things that make living here in California worse. What I can't come up with is what has make life here better for the working class? Is there something I have missed? I'm not talking about free needles or the world's slowest bullet train to no where. I asking real things that are positive and made life here better.

So what has the government done that has made life here better?

Government = 0        Weather = 1

Posted (edited)

They haven't done shit... it's all about what you make it. I'm tired of being pissed off all the time about shit we can't control so I just make the best of it until such time that I can make the move... more time with friends, my wife and kids... more time by the pool with an ICE COLD BREWSKIES in my hand and doing more projects for us... currently just finished my enclosed trailer build, am working on my 21' Daytona and our house... don't have time to worry about other shit

Edited by Orange_R

I guess it really confuses me, Born and Raised in Nevada, the home of offroad racing,

everyone wants to leave California due to the polices and when they move they try to change the new area they live in the same as where they are from,

Jobs with higher pay than most of the rest of the country.

Great weather.

9 minutes ago, J Alper said:

I guess it really confuses me, Born and Raised in Nevada, the home of offroad racing,

everyone wants to leave California due to the polices and when they move they try to change the new area they live in the same as where they are from,

not everyone's that stupid, but you're right... some are

Parents left because of congestion. A valid reason for them imo. It has not gotten better, but then everywhere continues to grow. They wouldn't like what they would now see in Tucson. 

1 minute ago, ahipara 55 said:

Great weather.

That’s about it for positives (even if the govt doesn’t control the weather... or DO they? :lol: ) Granted, those higher paying jobs come with a higher cost of living than the rest of the country... face it, for the working and tax paying citizen the CA Gov hasn’t done shit to help, only hurt ... for their freeloading constituents, they’ve greatly improved their quality of life with social programs and handouts at our expense.

1 minute ago, J Alper said:

To say everyone is just a false statement. Yes some libtards move for better opportunity and vote for the very things that have destroyed the place they came from and caused them to move. They are a cancer and to stupid to understand. 

The vast majority of people leaving are tired of the endless BS and waisting thier vote where it never counts. I am looking for a better place and when I move I will not suddenly go insane and start voting Democrat. I will wait until I'm dead to start doing that.

Nothing is better due to the California government. If the government wants something I vote against it, otherwise just get on with my day. 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

Government = NEGATIVE 10 (they do NOTHING)    Weather = 1

Fixed it For You!

Edited by POULE43

23 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

Great weather.

Yes higher pay and after you pay income tax is it really much more.  Then buy something and pay the tax on it and the fee or fees it has. Paying record prices for fuel to get to that job and insurance and registration. Then there are our high grocery and everything prices because when everything gets to a store on a brand new truck that burns expensive diesel those costs are passed on.  I'd say it's not really higher.

This is one trip to Costco I made. Most of what we buy is double or triple taxed I don't care if you call it a fee.

IMG_20190807_123328_442.thumb.jpg.e5710410764f7f74adb9650b2640201b.jpg

This question came to me after driving 6 hours when I hit stop and go traffic on the way home and still had 2 hours to go. While stopped dead on the freeway enjoying the beautiful sunny 100 degree weather from inside our air conditioned car on a Sunday. I couldn't come up with one thing that is better. My wife couldn't come up with one either. So being always labels as a negative person I thought I would ask if others could list all that is better here. Come on let's hear these wonderful things!

I can't think of anything the government does  or implements that make life better ANYWHERE, not just California.  Everything that is good across this country is due to the Government not eff*ing it up.

Chicks at the beach!!!!!!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

Chicks at the beach!!!!!!

I wonder what CA's ratio to ugly chicks is compared to other states?

This isn't sarcasm, this is a factor in some peoples worlds.  San Diego has a bad

guy to girl ratio. But if you factor in the ugly ones, it gets better vs. other states.

I wonder if the crazy ladies mess up the numbers a lot?

Edited by Rucker

1 hour ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Yes higher pay and after you pay income tax is it really much more.  Then buy something and pay the tax on it and the fee or fees it has. Paying record prices for fuel to get to that job and insurance and registration. Then there are our high grocery and everything prices because when everything gets to a store on a brand new truck that burns expensive diesel those costs are passed on.  I'd say it's not really higher.

This is one trip to Costco I made. Most of what we buy is double or triple taxed I don't care if you call it a fee.

IMG_20190807_123328_442.thumb.jpg.e5710410764f7f74adb9650b2640201b.jpg

Starting to see your point! Holy crap.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cookie said:

I can't think of anything the government does  or implements that make life better ANYWHERE, not just California.  Everything that is good across this country is due to the Government not eff*ing it up.

I have an example of the differences between CA and TN. Some friends moved there and their moho reg dropped big time, like from $3500/yr down to $200/yr. Truck reg. same thing, down from $800/yr to $85/yr. Those aren't exact numbers, but kinda close IIRC.

They bought a 29 acre holler with a beautiful meadow and got a new well dug cheap, like $1200 and it flowed enough for a farm. They had the power lines brought out and it was only  few hundred bucks. The advance crew showed up for the manufactured home and they marked the trees that had to be removed and semi-graded the road, then they removed the trees and stacked them on the property. The bulldozer operator came and looked at where they marked off the house location, then asked them if they needed any additional grading for a motorhome, water tank, barn, driveway, etc. They needed the driveway, additional parking around back and moho parking on the side, so he did all of that for free.

The road leading up to their house was about 3/4 mi long and pretty muddy in the winter. It also ran through a small creek. They talked to the bartender at the local bar who gave them the phone number for the County Road Supervisor. They called, he came out and looked everything over and decided that even though the road was on private property, it was a county maintained rd. Two days later, they dug out the creek, dropped in a 3' dia. culvert, then laid down gravel and cement mix all the way to the main rd. The next time it rained, it became hard, like concrete. No charge for something that would have easily cost $40-50k in CA!

As the Road Supervisor explained, TN citizens pay taxes, (as low as they are) but are still entitled to the best services possible from their gov't. Since TN doesn't waste $24 Billion a yr on illegals like CA does, they can afford to spend more on their tax payers, like this road.

Same thing held true for the permits for the well and electrical permits - they were a fraction of what they would have cost in CA. The well driller charged 1/10 of what a CA well driller would have charged because his cost of living is much lower and he's doing a lot more business per month.

CA gov't has caused the price of everything to go sky high, either directly or indirectly.

Here's another thing I hate. Rich people focking over poor people. We have to pay reg. fees for our dogs and offroad toys, but why don't rich people pay any fees for their horses? Owning or breeding horses isn't a cheap hobby, why hasn't the state tapped into that rich vein and sucked it dry? Because the rich people who own horses are friends with the lawmakers and make sure they don't get raped like common folk. The state spends millions per yr on maintaining horse trails all over the state, but how do they pay for it? Gee, I wonder where our stolen OHV funds go...

Edited by socaldmax

^^^^ Your point is the some other states haven't eff*ed it up yet.   

I know I mentioned this in another thread a while back but I'll repeat, the California government is now a for profit entity. 

7 minutes ago, Rucker said:

I wonder what CA's ratio to ugly chicks is compared to other states?

Some states have record numbers of hideous women, usually the really ugly/fat ones hang out near Naval Bases. For example, there's a base on Bremerton and a subspecies of buffalo called a Bremalo is often seen grazing nearby.

I never saw one decent looking woman in CT, and I saw at least 1/3 of them. Fat or hatchet faced, but they thought they were God's gift to men. If she had a good bod, she was always a stripper at the Log & Lantern. 

FL has some hotties, especially near the beaches. When I was 11-13 I lived in Key West and there was a girl about 2 yrs older than me who was an absolutely stunning "Georgia peach" looker, well developed for her age. We'd swing on her swingset, and she'd whisper to me all of the things she liked to do - doggy style, BJs, anal, around the world, rimming, etc. I had no idea what she was talking about and she'd eventually tell me. I have no idea where she heard this stuff from, but it was insanely weird to see the sweetest looking little southern belle in a frilly dress talk like a 50 yr old hooker!

I saw a lot of beautiful women while attending UCLA. Many of them were actresses majoring in "husband hunting". They were all looking for the next Spielberg or Lucas.

Seems like most women from all of the northern states are generally on the heavy side, due to the bad weather not being conducive to jogging or outdoors sports, plus they can hide inside of a big jacket.  

The one place outside of UCLA where I saw a large concentration of naturally beautiful women was Raleigh/Durham, NC, right in the heart of tobacco country. A lot of places full of people who were born there bear a slight resemblance to each other, their ancestors were probably related. Apparently R/D was founded by supermodels, because the lowest I saw there was a 5, and most were closer to 8 or 9. I was visiting there with a buddy for Christmas and I mentioned it in a restaurant. He looked around and said, "You're right, I never noticed it before. I just grew up surrounded by beautiful women and just took it for granted that all women looked like that." I fell in love at least 15 times a day!  

2 hours ago, J Alper said:

1 hour ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

To say everyone is just a false statement. Yes some libtards move for better opportunity and vote for the very things that have destroyed the place they came from and caused them to move. They are a cancer and to stupid to understand. 

The vast majority of people leaving are tired of the endless BS and waisting thier vote where it never counts. I am looking for a better place and when I move I will not suddenly go insane and start voting Democrat. I will wait until I'm dead to start doing that.

I don't get this either but...I took some time to think about it and came up with a theory.

As Sandpsyco said, some are just idiot liberals that don't understand that their lack of understanding and ill voting cause their pain.

The other piece is, even as a conservative in California, we have become so accepting of things mainly because we are constantly surrounded by it and our vote doesn't matter against the liberal majority.  We've seen a lot of propositions and initiatives happen and "weren't really as bad" as we had thought....or at least this is how the political majority wants us to think.  

SO...we move to conservative places to find "our own people" and become the new liberals there.  It's not necessarily by a conscious effort, but because we've been conditioned and don't realize it.  So many people don't understand politics and aren't really that involved.  You stick to your flavor of news, discuss and debate with people who are generally of the same mindset.  When you actually get out and put forth a concerted effort to understand what the other side stands for, that's when you REALLY see just how bad it is.

14 minutes ago, Cookie said:

^^^^ Your point is the some other states haven't eff*ed it up yet.   

CA effed it up a long time ago. I think at this point in history, a state would either have gotten greedy like CA did, or still have their integrity, like TN does. I don't see TN turning into another copy of CA in my lifetime.

15 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

I know I mentioned this in another thread a while back but I'll repeat, the California government is now a for profit entity. 

Have you seen the documentaries on Netflix about how our water and power got stolen? Amazing stories of greedy rich men just up and stealing what belongs to the residents and nobody even bothered to raise a finger or press charges. You gotta watch them, it's insane!

"Water & Power, a CA Heist"

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

This is spot on !  I think some people like to dwell on stuff that they cannot change.  I prefer to spend my energy on positive things.

It sure was a beautiful Weekend in San Diego !!