SANDPSYCHO

What is better?

Saw a Sticker in the window of a Truck the other Day. Definitely made great sense.

"Don't California My Texas!"

Had to sTOP and Applaud that one! Peace

IMG_4075.JPG

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, CHEFF said:

Saw a Sticker in the window of a Truck the other Day. Definitely made great sense.

"Don't California My Texas!"

Had to sTOP and Applaud that one! Peace

IMG_4075.JPG

Boy, ain’tchoo a hwone of them got-damned hippies from California?  :bigrin 

Edited by Rockwood

I'm not from Texas but I got here as fast as I could! HA!! Peace

21 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

Jobs with higher pay than most of the rest of the country.

Great weather.

That wasn't the question, unless you think that the Government created the higher pay and great weather.

23 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I asking real things that are positive and made life here better.

Family, Oceans , Deserts, Mountains. 

That is the end of my list 

Im stretching here to legitimately find positives that are due to any CA state agency:

1. Free hunting and fishing licenses for disabled vets. The process is painful but it is available.

2. CA state parks ... even if mismanaged like any other gov agency, we’ve got some good ones.

3. CA state park pass for disabled vets allows free entry and even camping.

4. Tuition paid for dependents of disabled vets at UC and CalState schools.

Granted, three out of four of those are specific to disabled vets and not the entire population. If anything, I’d say CA is really good at catering to specific groups and the absolute worst at enacting policies and programs that benefit all Californians.

The Government doesn't make ANYTHING better in ANY state these days.....it is only which state screws you LESS in your current stage of life.

/thread

27 minutes ago, HozayKwarvo said:

Im stretching here to legitimately find positives that are due to any CA state agency:

1. Free hunting and fishing licenses for disabled vets. The process is painful but it is available.

2. CA state parks ... even if mismanaged like any other gov agency, we’ve got some good ones.

3. CA state park pass for disabled vets allows free entry and even camping.

4. Tuition paid for dependents of disabled vets at UC and CalState schools.

Granted, three out of four of those are specific to disabled vets and not the entire population. If anything, I’d say CA is really good at catering to specific groups and the absolute worst at enacting policies and programs that benefit all Californians.

Ok, since we are going to try and play... here's one...

All military (including spouses) from another state stationed in CA, that buy and register a car here, get their License Fees waived on their registration under the Non Resident Military Exemption. Year after year. Get this, the fees continue to accrue in DMV system until a Ca resident buys that car and has to pay all of it back for that Military member. HA HAA! True schtuff right there. 

22 hours ago, socaldmax said:

For example, there's a base on Bremerton and a subspecies of buffalo called a Bremalo is often seen grazing nearby.

Mix-A-Lot SWASS

I came up with one:

If I was homeless or an illegal alien, government in CA has really been good to me, they allow me to live right downtown.  People are jealous of the real estate the government lets them have. That being said they drop off food, blankets, needles and all the supplies they need.  Rumors are they are going to provide free showers soon, CA government is the best :(

I was in Phoenix this last weekend and was asking some friends why they aren't seeing the huge influx of homeless, outside of it being African hot, the comment that was mentioned is they don't have the resources to help homeless for the most part.  So the question arises, are all the homeless people living where they do based on the free services they get???  If there were no services, would they go elsewhere???

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, surf and dune said:

That wasn't the question, unless you think that the Government created the higher pay and great weather.

Don't even want to respond to that really....................................

But maybe you could read the OP again. It reads as multiple questions to me. Looks like the government :deadhorse: has been well covered.

Edited by ahipara 55

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I answered wrong too.

Like stated above...if you are illegal or homeless, the Gov't is your friend...you rely on them and they want that! They'll even let you vote...you shouldn't be allowed to, but that's a win win for the POS in office so they can keep their cush jobs.

:pipe:  Effing Gov't works for US! 99.99% need to be fired!

I think I just figured out what CA is...

Communist

Alliance of

Libtards and

Illegals

For the

Oppression of

Republican

Nay sayers

In

America

Hmmm...Maybe I should make this into a shirt? 

:dbart: 

Had to edit Cynical to Communist!

Edited by dbart

27th day this summer of 110+ temps. You guys might rethink moving here and pick a more moderate climate.

San Diego is the finest City in America...……………..TO VISIT! Peace

1 hour ago, ehall said:

27th day this summer of 110+ temps. You guys might rethink moving here and pick a more moderate climate.

The homeless have already figured this one.

16 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

Don't even want to respond to that really....................................

But maybe you could read the OP again. It reads as multiple questions to me. Looks like the government :deadhorse: has been well covered.

Pretty sure I read it right.  Multiple questions, but wrapped up asking what has the Govt done to improve things. That specific question hasn't been covered that well. 

31 minutes ago, surf and dune said:

That specific question hasn't been covered that well. 

What are you smoking? :bigrin

On 8/27/2019 at 9:10 AM, CRUSTY said:

The Government doesn't make ANYTHING better in ANY state these days.....it is only which state screws you LESS in your current stage of life.

/thread

Everyplace has taxes it’s what they do with your taxes that counts. I think we are all in agreement, well probably 99% of us at least we are just tired of paying for somebody else’s quality of life . We tired of paying for a better quality of life only to see our quality of life to get worse.

I can take this farther for example my refrigerator, top of the line French door LG. The compressor quite after 3 years the ice maker that sucked died at 4 years. The dishwasher we bought at the same time, a maytag dies at 3.5 years. A few hundred dollars and a new control panel and at 5 years now is leaking some where up in the door. It replaced a still working 18 year old unit. The old fridge is still working in the garage. Windows 10, trailer tires that explode in 4 years, any update for any kind of software, it all makes it worse. Endless freeway construction and no more carpool lane and now a toll lane I can't even get into. I can't remember when there was something that actually made life better.

I say we should all riot!!!!!!!  Ever since John DeLorean was found guilty for dealing with monkeys I’ve been wanting to riot since then!!!!!!!   JUST DO IT.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, SANDPSYCHO said:

Endless freeway construction and no more carpool lane and now a toll lane I can't even get into. I can't remember when there was something that actually made life better.

That reminds me, this whole carpool/toll lane chaps my ass. If they took the lanes reserved for this horse crap and opened them up to regular traffic, most of the time, the congestion would be gone, at least on I-5 and I-15.

I paid for the construction of those lanes with my tax money, and to tell me that I paid to build it but now I have to pay extra to use it makes me feel that shooting some lawmaker in the face with a bazooka full of horse crap is totally justified. That is the absolute biggest bunch of bullshit I can think of. If they took the 2 or 3 toll lanes of the 91 and opened them up to everyone, that nightmare would evaporate. What's the point of having 4 lanes crawling along and 2 special lanes that are also slowed to a crawl by 2 idiots in the toll lane who are too afraid to go faster than the rest of traffic? Absolute crap! It's all about money. Not only do they want to steal your money by every means possible, they don't care how much they inconvenience your every day life in order to get it.

10 hours ago, socaldmax said:

That reminds me, this whole carpool/toll lane chaps my ass. If they took the lanes reserved for this horse crap and opened them up to regular traffic, most of the time, the congestion would be gone, at least on I-5 and I-15.

I paid for the construction of those lanes with my tax money, and to tell me that I paid to build it but now I have to pay extra to use it makes me feel that shooting some lawmaker in the face with a bazooka full of horse crap is totally justified. That is the absolute biggest bunch of bullshit I can think of. If they took the 2 or 3 toll lanes of the 91 and opened them up to everyone, that nightmare would evaporate. What's the point of having 4 lanes crawling along and 2 special lanes that are also slowed to a crawl by 2 idiots in the toll lane who are too afraid to go faster than the rest of traffic? Absolute crap! It's all about money. Not only do they want to steal your money by every means possible, they don't care how much they inconvenience your every day life in order to get it.

I totally agree but I think 121 ropes and a mass hanging in Sacramento would be better then a bazooka of hose shit. 

37 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I totally agree but I think 121 ropes and a mass hanging in Sacramento would be better then a bazooka of hose shit. 

Why not both??

On 8/27/2019 at 9:26 AM, Chingon619 said:

Ok, since we are going to try and play... here's one...

All military (including spouses) from another state stationed in CA, that buy and register a car here, get their License Fees waived on their registration under the Non Resident Military Exemption. Year after year. Get this, the fees continue to accrue in DMV system until a Ca resident buys that car and has to pay all of it back for that Military member. HA HAA! True schtuff right there. 

Are you kidding me. How would you know if you bought the car you would be paying this?  BUYER BEWARE DON~~~