Sign in to follow this  
sandroosten

weekend warrior slide issue and adjustment

wondering if there is any information out there on slide adjustment and common issues from the weekend warrior.

all of a sudden the living room slide (electric in frame slide mechanism) started "clicking" and would not come back in. I got under the trailer and had the wife press the button. it turns out when pressure is applied to the motor it is moving and separating from the gear that spins a shaft on each side that in turn rotates the gear that pulls the slide in on both sides. what have others seen here?

Do the bolts come loose on the motor?

Do the bolts to the motor brake?

Does the motor brake were the bolts go into it?

it is a PITA to get to the bolts on the motor as they seem to be between the two plates that hold the bigger main gear in place, and on top of that the shafts that run the outer motor would need to come off just to remove the plate to get to the bolts holding the motor to see what the issue is. at least that's what I think I can see in the few minutes I was under the trailer. to get the slide in I had to put a screw driver and pry the motor toward the main gear while the wife hit the button. Looking for some experience from some of you experts out there, and I was very surprised to not see a thread on adjusting slide in general or raising them after adding different flooring. 

IMG_8727.PNG

IMG_8707.jpg

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8724.PNG

IMG_8725.PNG

IMG_8726.PNG

what if we weld in a support busing for the motor side so it supports on both sides where the hole is

I believe that would work!  I would still like to know why the heck its came loose in the first place.

Looks like you need to apply pressure to the backside of the motor so that it will line back up.  I wonder if the bolts came loose that hold the motor square.  I would say pry bar it back into place and then wedge a block of wood in there to give it something to push against.

4 hours ago, r3meyer said:

Looks like you need to apply pressure to the backside of the motor so that it will line back up.  I wonder if the bolts came loose that hold the motor square.  I would say pry bar it back into place and then wedge a block of wood in there to give it something to push against.

thats what i did to get the slide in. i have a few ideas to get it fixed.