Sign in to follow this  
SandCo AZ

Ls1 to ls2, mefi 4b, Knock sensors?

So I’m about ready to drop my fresh ls2 into my car, upgrading from a worn out ls1. My question is, do I need to keep the ls1 knock sensors or can the mefi be tuned for ls2 knock sensors?

i see some conflicting info online, and most aren’t running mefi, but some are using the ls1 sensors and moving them to the ls2 knock sensor location, and others are using the ls2 sensors with an adapter harness. 

Figured I would ask here so I don’t run into any issues when it comes time to have it tuned. 

I’m running LS1 single wire round sensors in the LS2 bottom location. BUT I’m running a factory LS1 PCM. Hope that helps. 

Posted (edited)

What I do is use the LS1 Sensors and screw them into the LS2 block in the 2 threaded holes on the side of the Block just behind the motor mounts (like in the picture)  and use this extension cable

https://www.amazon.com/Harness-Knock-Sensor-Conversion-Adapter/dp/B071W69L4H

I have done this a few time - engine builder first suggested it,  and tuner told me it functions as well as LS2 sensors just uglier

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_917a.jpg

Edited by fullthrottleguy

Yes, what full throttle said.  It is the preferred way to run the knock system on the mefi. Steve