SANDPSYCHO

Arizona to End Offroad Reg Reciprocity

I saw this over on Facebook. As of Sept 1 if you bring your offroad toy to AZ you have to buy a nonresident sticker to use it. Utah is said to start doing the same as of Jan. 1 2020.. I'm sure CA will follow as we can't be out done on libtard taxing. So when you AZ people get hit for an added fee when you go to another state STFU and pay, you started this. Welcome to the Divided States of America.

https://www.azgfd.com/OHV/Decals/

900038326_Screenshot_20190828-071553_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.52292f277e9f8ecc142ac5d3fb2b086c.jpg

Typical moneygrab, nothing more. :blackeye:

I really do not think AZ started this as Utah only had agreements with about half the states.  I was always shocked that CA did not already charge out of state users.  Just more fee collecting to screw the user of OUR public lands.

I wonder if illegals are exempt, at least in CA?

3 minutes ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

I wonder if illegals are exempt, at least in CA?

😂😂😂😂

Yes, my sand car identifies as an illegal metal machine

45 minutes ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

I really do not think AZ started this as Utah only had agreements with about half the states.  I was always shocked that CA did not already charge out of state users.  Just more fee collecting to screw the user of OUR public lands.

If you are an AZ resident you do have to have a non-resident sticker in CA.

You had to know CA would not miss a fee like that! MF's!

I am so confused, I have had to purchase a sticker for sandhollow and coral pink for the last 10 years, what has changed for Utah

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, rampage42 said:

No, California has honered other states off road registration if that state has such a program. If you home state does NOT have offroad registration then and only then do you need an out of state sticker. Once AZ started a registration program the need to buy an out of state sticker ended. 

This is sure to change now that AZ has ended reciprocity.  A little change to the California Vehicle Code at the next session is all that will be needed. 

And because on one ever believes me. Also If you want the actual vehicle code section you'll need to pay me my retainer of $1000. I was paid for 25 years I'm not doing it for free.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

791347244_Screenshot_20190828-094527_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.edb66e66dafc718ca9e2ef612bf78320.jpg

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

Colorado wasn't reciprocal with Az.

starting in Idaho also  

What if you are a CA resident but car is registered to your address in AZ and you are riding in Glamis?

32 minutes ago, Will G said:

What if you are a CA resident but car is registered to your address in AZ and you are riding in Glamis?

OHV sticker is for less than 2500 lbs

2 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

Yes, my sand car identifies as an illegal metal machine

Um...it's Undocumented!!

:laugh:

40 minutes ago, Will G said:

Then you have to have an az ID card with correct address. Already got a ticket for that. Blm said they were going to impound my car if they saw me again in the dunes. 

2 hours ago, J Alper said:

I am so confused, I have had to purchase a sticker for sandhollow and coral pink for the last 10 years, what has changed for Utah

I do not think UT had reciprocity with NV, but they did with AZ.

57 minutes ago, Blue-Jay said:

Then you have to have an az ID card with correct address. Already got a ticket for that. Blm said they were going to impound my car if they saw me again in the dunes. 

Thank you for the heads up

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Will G said:

Thank you for the heads up

Once CA starts requiring AZ people to buy out of state permits you'll be better off getting registered here. You can't beat the tax man.

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

9 hours ago, rampage42 said:

California did this several years ago....probably why AZ fired back.   AZ was like.... :fof: CA!  LOL

~jw

41 minutes ago, jwest2sh said:

California did this several years ago....probably why AZ fired back.   AZ was like.... :fof: CA!  LOL

~jw

Not at all and your responding to incorrect information. It's just plan state greed. AZ folks went nuts over the sudden public safety fee on all registrations so they are going to get it from visitors to the state. Utah is doing the same. It's just a matter of when CA fallows suit. I'd bet sooner then later. So in the end we all get screwed any time we cross a state line. 

I think what really has created this is the explosion of SxS's. 

It's the "Hey Californian, We Don't Really Want You Here" tax?

With Utsh and Arizona and other state surd to follow if you go to to many places your going to need a billboard on the back or your toy. Better yet maybe one of those maps of the U.S. the RV crowd puts on thier rig to show where they've been.

11 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

No, California has honered other states off road registration if that state has such a program. If you home state does NOT have offroad registration then and only then do you need an out of state sticker. Once AZ started a registration program the need to buy an out of state sticker ended. 

This is sure to change now that AZ has ended reciprocity.  A little change to the California Vehicle Code at the next session is all that will be needed. 

And because on one ever believes me. Also If you want the actual vehicle code section you'll need to pay me my retainer of $1000. I was paid for 25 years I'm not doing it for free.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

791347244_Screenshot_20190828-094527_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.edb66e66dafc718ca9e2ef612bf78320.jpg

What about my street legal SxS?  Doesn't street registration trump OHV registration?  :sarcasm: