SANDPSYCHO

Arizona to End Offroad Reg Reciprocity

11 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I think what really has created this is the "explosion of SxS's". 

I see what you did there!

9 hours ago, HonEXduner said:

What about my street legal SxS?  Doesn't street registration trump OHV registration?  :sarcasm:

I'm not going to defend this state but they just say you can't, just like they tell us we can't. They aren't charging extra for it.

15 minutes ago, aceisback said:

I see what you did there!

It wasn't intentional but now that you point it out. :lol:

State LEO Agencies will only fine or charge fees for the laws they can enforce...This is low hanging fruit tax revenue.

Nobody gives up their $$ via :bs: fees like Working Class Americans that are trying to Recreate or Vacation on public lands.

Death of a thousand cuts.

What did they propose this extra revenue would help, did they identify anything at all? Another reason to stop check folks who are otherwise not doing anything wrong?

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, rampage42 said:

If you are an AZ resident you do have to have a non-resident sticker in CA.

You had to know CA would not miss a fee like that! MF's!

Not true.

Had this discussion with a Ranger that was the operational commander for the ISDRA.

As long as AZ folks have their AZ plate, we are good at the dunes.

14 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

State LEO Agencies will only fine or charge fees for the laws they can enforce...This is low hanging fruit tax revenue.

Nobody gives up their $$ via :bs: fees like Working Class Americans that are trying to Recreate or Vacation on public lands.

Death of a thousand cuts.

What did they propose this extra revenue would help, did they identify anything at all? Another reason to stop check folks who are otherwise not doing anything wrong?

IMHO It's just a money grab. It won't get any real objection from the people of that state as it doesn't effect them directly. When it will effect them is when every other state does the same. Want to dune in Glamis $30, hit Moab $30, play in Idaho dunes $30. There's $90 for one single vehicle. Have an ATC 70s, quads, just keep paying. Within a year or 2 regardless of where you live if you go to a different state you will be paying more. So we all lose and our greedy governments are probably patting each other on the back for this latest money grab.

17 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

It's the "Hey Californian, We Don't Really Want You Here" tax?

When I was young and we went on a RV trip up into Oregon. All of the State and private RV parks had a $5.00 additional fee if you were from California.

My dad called it the We don't want Californians here tax.

Colorado has required out of state peeps to  buy a temporary permit for their OHVs  for at least 10 yrs now.

Next, you're gonna need to buy a local dog license if you travel with your pet.