Reece

$1.9K for an A+ frame

Posted (edited)

Alright guys, what am I missing here. 

IMG_5003.PNG

IMG_5004.PNG

Edited by Reece

@Brandon Long would you like to answer this? :lol:

You think all that is only worth 190.00? He is on the board, you can send him a message.

3 words.... "Chrome Grab bar" Totally justified!

Adds 15 HP

:lmao:

It is for a custom set up though.

Is it for a ATC 70 style?

Man, I'd love to build one.

I think it is worth much more than $190, but $1.9K seems crazy.  Is that really what they are worth? 

5 minutes ago, dbart said:

It is for a custom set up though.

Is it for a ATC 70 style?

Man, I'd love to build one.

No that is a real A+ frame, not sure if the triples are engraved. Few years ago they brought more, now with guys building frames they will be harder to pull that kind of money out of them. But you never know, couple years ago I sent just a frame and swing arm oversees for 1200$

Posted (edited)

genuine powdercoated  A Plus Frame / Chain Roller / Triples and swinger...…. Not many left out there like this......Give A plus a call and see what they would charge :lol:

If you had a donor bike could  put together a sweet kids bike for less than a new quad and be way better off.... :dunno:  I think 1500 - 1750 it will sell

The new LOKO set up (which iis off the hook AWESOME with the forks is almost 3K)...…… That cooler rack and cooler is made by the guy who made all the A plus bikes. He made it for me as a favor......I know PRM makes one and with the cooler its about $125...….that is to scale for a atc70

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

4 minutes ago, Stugots said:

No that is a real A+ frame, not sure if the triples are engraved. Few years ago they brought more, now with guys building frames they will be harder to pull that kind of money out of them. But you never know, couple years ago I sent just a frame and swing arm oversees for 1200$

That's why i'm so salty about the price. HAHA I really want a real A+, but don't want to pay that! 

Just now, Reece said:

That's why i'm so salty about the price. HAHA I really want a real A+, but don't want to pay that! 

Call Brandon and work it out / He is a great guy and will most likely make a deal with you. Once you get one you will not be disapointed

:poule:

49 minutes ago, Stugots said:

@Brandon Long would you like to answer this? :lol:

Lol. Not sure who the OP is but pretty poor character  in my opinion the way he posted up.

thanks guys for the comments regarding the authenticity of the frame. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon Long said:

Lol. Not sure who the OP is but pretty poor character  in my opinion the way he posted up.

thanks guys for the comments regarding the authenticity of the frame. 

OP right here. That's why I asked what I was missing about the asking price.  

2 hours ago, Reece said:

I think it is worth much more than $190, but $1.9K seems crazy.  Is that really what they are worth? 

Worth is what people will pay. And yeah, he will get that or close to it. 

Posted (edited)

I think Reece is having sticker shock. For someone that doesn't know about these old little machines or the history of a real A+ it can be quite a shock to see how much these things cost. 

Now if you think a guy will go WTF that's a lot don't even tell your wife, you'll never get one. :lol:

I'll add for info only, to build a suspension 70 4k is about a minimum budget if you do all the work yourself and get a few good deals. 

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

Posted (edited)

My R55 was $2000 but that kit was amazing.  that is with PEP shocks.  I have both.  R55 and A+.  R55 is no comparison to the A+.  I just got some frames for 700 that are bare and ponied up for some killer shocks for another 450.   You will be at 4 to 6k for a fully built one that you build.  you can go cheap I guess but why.  Keep looking you will find something and you can buy a new one cheaper and you can do some custom things .  I had mine done 2" longer.  I would also make 2" higher.  the A+ were made for kids.  I don't know why people are making an exact copy when they can make it much better for an adult to ride and built stronger.   

At least he lowered the price $100 it was at 2k.   From talking to him I dont think he is in a rush to sell it.   the other bikes he has for sale were a good price and I would pick them up if closer.  

Edited by Squatcher

Oh figure about 40 to 50 hrs to complete one. 

All I know is when you ride one you will be smiles from ear to ear! One day I need to break down and buy 1. Thanks Paul for letting me ride one of yore's a few year ago! lol

I've built all three, the A+, R55 and the LOKO (1&2) :hmm:

Should have no problem getting at least 1500 for it in todays market

11 hours ago, Air450 said:

All I know is when you ride one you will be smiles from ear to ear! One day I need to break down and buy 1. Thanks Paul for letting me ride one of yore's a few year ago! lol

I told you.   It was funny I looked over and saw the smile though your full face helmet.   Cant Help but smile when riding one. 

15 hours ago, Reece said:

OP right here. That's why I asked what I was missing about the asking price.  

The question is why are you selling Brandon, you were trying to get one for a long time. Take it to Gringo with a open check book and build it up.

Thanks guys, i didn’t think I was “joking”  when I posted it. I appreciate all the comments from the guys that know these things. If any of you want a deal just message me. I’m cleaning up the garage quite a bit and changing up the toys this year. 

Also would trade it for a late model kids dirt bike 125ish. 

Or would trade up towards a yfz450, or raptor. 

18 minutes ago, Stugots said:

The question is why are you selling Brandon, you were trying to get one for a long time. Take it to Gringo with a open check book and build it up.

I was going to build it with my little guy but he is 100% into two wheelers at the moment, so I bought myself a new dirt bike after many years of not riding and upgrading his. Eeeek. 

Build it Brandon!

finish3.thumb.jpg.9d6e2519399018138805b8aca12053ff.jpg

This one has +2 on the frame and +3 on the swing arm.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:28 PM, Stugots said:

Yes you did! :wink: