sinverguenza

Need Kitchen Cabinets

My parents are finally going to  re-do their kitchen. My parents are not looking for anything fancy but something that will last.

My mom cooks everyday so the finish needs to be something that can take wiping down quite often.

We have looked in the past at those china made cabinets but don't know anyone that has used those. Not sure if they will handle all the cleaning my mom makes. They seem to be built good and the price seems good. 

I know they are not looking for custom since it will be out of their budget (maybe).

They live in the Los Angeles area so we will be looking again tomorrow at the China made in the El Monte area.

I have heard RTA are good and that HD carries some good stuff also.

Let me know if you guys have had good luck with some lower end products and  what to look for.

I understand you pay for what you get but right now I'm just  trying to give them some input.

If you know of any stores I should look at that are in the area would be great.

Thanks.

I use Koville they are from Anaheim kitchen and bath. Same building as Best Cheer Stone which has all the prefab tops. I have a account if that's the route you take. Any questions just ask.

I used good quality China cabinets on a 2 million dollar Laguna beach house.  The end result is amazing for the price. The key is there are many levels of China cabinets, like anything else. I use a place in  Fountain Valley that I really like. A  couple  months back I installed the longest run of kitchen cabinets in my construction  career, almost a 30 foot run on a single wall.  This is the end result with the China cabinets.

Before and after

image.jpg

image.jpg

19 minutes ago, Southbayrhino22 said:

I use Koville they are from Anaheim kitchen and bath. Same building as Best Cheer Stone which has all the prefab tops. I have a account if that's the route you take. Any questions just ask.

Thanks, will be checking them out. 

4 minutes ago, DezertRatRail said:

I used good quality China cabinets on a 2 million dollar Laguna beach house.  The end result is amazing for the price. The key is there are many levels of China cabinets, like anything else. I use a place in  Fountain Valley that I really like. A  couple  months back I installed the longest run of kitchen cabinets in my construction  career, almost a 30 foot run on a single wall.  This is the end result with the China cabinets.

Before and after

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look real good. Would you be able to share what store in Fountain Valley?

You can PM me if you'd like. 

"Good quality from China".  That's pretty funny....   

34 minutes ago, sinverguenza said:

They look real good. Would you be able to share what store in Fountain Valley?

You can PM me if you'd like. 

It's no secret,

405  cabinets and Stone  In fountain Valley.  My account gets me 15-20% off list price  depending on cabinet style I can pass that along. Just  remember  you will need  to assemble these cabinets . I  highly recommend  gluing all the joints together with titebond  premium wood glue.

1 hour ago, DezertRatRail said:

It's no secret,

405  cabinets and Stone  In fountain Valley.  My account gets me 15-20% off list price  depending on cabinet style I can pass that along. Just  remember  you will need  to assemble these cabinets . I  highly recommend  gluing all the joints together with titebond  premium wood glue.

Thanks!!!!

I just went through this.  I tend to research things to death.  

https://www.cliqstudios.com

CliqStudios was the best price and the quality is exactly the same as they high end stuff.  No tax, Free shipping.  They were HALF of what every other quote I got was.  Even less then RTA and the cabinets to go places.  You give them your measurements and they give you a virtual walk through.  Cabinets all come with a printed install guide.  I have never put in a kitchen and I knocked it out in short order.  They come pre-assemmbled in boxes ready to install.

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_0455.JPG

3 hours ago, r3meyer said:

I just went through this.  I tend to research things to death.  

https://www.cliqstudios.com

CliqStudios was the best price and the quality is exactly the same as they high end stuff.  No tax, Free shipping.  They were HALF of what every other quote I got was.  Even less then RTA and the cabinets to go places.  You give them your measurements and they give you a virtual walk through.  Cabinets all come with a printed install guide.  I have never put in a kitchen and I knocked it out in short order.  They come pre-assemmbled in boxes ready to install.

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_0455.JPG

Great!

I just did this a few months ago.  We went with Kitchen emporium in San Diego.  They use JK cabinets https://jk-cabinetry.com/  (pretty sure china made)  but very nice and quality product.

This company was 1/3 less than the nearest bid and was more than 1/2 the cost of the highest bid. It took 1 week from demo to complete install. (I had to re install my appliances) Me and my wife were very pleased at how quick it was and the quality of the work.  We still have to do a backsplash, but that should be pretty easy. 

20190529_071959.jpg

20190622_155247.jpg

20190624_164816.jpg

20190626_181630.jpg

20190702_202827.jpg

20190713_080234.jpg

Im very happy with my Chinese cabinets.  We used Rainbow stone in San Diego.  Sorry, I dont have any pics.

All the updates in this thread look great - definitely a fan of the white cabinet look.  I feel like all these "I'm happy with my Chinese cabinets" folks haven't been opening and closing them for 35 years with two or three kids climbing and pawing on them.  The oak custom kitchen cabinets in my parents home in Washington look just as good and function the same as the day they were installed with proper care and maintenance.   The Chinese route provides a great short term value, but I suspect they'll have to be replaced in 10-15 years.  Maybe that is the expected life cycle to keep things modern.....

Posted (edited)

I have family member that uses non custom cabinets in about 4-5 homes  per year.  They look nice and are solid. All plywood drawer boxes with dovetail joints and soft close doors and drawers. Those two features alone should make them last 30 years.  

On my  crappy particle board cabinets that came in my 23 year old tract home only the drawer boxes failed from slamming. If they were soft close even the crappy wood with weak joints would have lasted. I re stapled and glued them and they are still going. 

ISqp89lh9969tn0000000000.jpg

IS2jzyhtlsn1041000000000.jpg

ISyzdq4sscorf70000000000.jpg

ISy78bjj2pkqz31000000000.jpg

ISap1b00q0wyz31000000000.jpg

ISm2kfq83n80tr1000000000.jpg

ISalqf9sfbxrsr1000000000.jpg

IS2fo3rlb3pusr1000000000.jpg

Edited by badgas

I was going to ask if any of these places can do bathroom vanitys? 

Posted (edited)

My better half wanted new cabinets in our new house. She hates the oak. They are all in perfect shape and all cabinets have pull out shelves.

So she decided on painting. She found a lady that does just this and will be doing an antique light grey starting in a week or so.

I'll put up some after pics when done. These were built in 2005.

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

Edited by HappyW/VForce

1 hour ago, Dunerking said:

I was going to ask if any of these places can do bathroom vanitys? 

Yes. They have all the same styles in vanities. What size you need? I have several that were not used.

JK Cabinets are nice...they are a client of ours.

We do their Exhibit for KBIZ and IBS in Vegas.

Prices? I asked a random, guy I seen on the street with a custom cabinet shirt on , what $5K could get me and the only

response I got was "Ha-Ha".  

6 hours ago, Southbayrhino22 said:

Yes. They have all the same styles in vanities. What size you need? I have several that were not used.

I've got 3 bathrooms,so I'll measure and get a dimension. 

Thanks all for the responses. As mentioned the cabinets will be installed in my parents house and it's only them 2 living there. 

We went to several stores in El Monte and got 2 estimates. We also went to HD and got an estimate. Obviously HD was double the price and they claim made in the USA and lifetime warranty. 

DezertRatRail mentioned 405 Cabinets so we are going there tomorrow. 

Every one that posted pictures, thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchens. I wouldn't be able to tell what is expensive or inexpensive ( if any) as they all look great and expensive. 

3 hours ago, Rucker said:

Prices? I asked a random, guy I seen on the street with a custom cabinet shirt on , what $5K could get me and the only

response I got was "Ha-Ha".  

Prices keep going up with the tariffs on Chinese imports.  2 years ago average kitchen was around $3500. Now looking around 5k. Suppose to go up again. The quartz has damn near doubled in price cause of the tariffs. 

Chinese plywood is typically far inferior to US made plywood. The veneer is super thin, and the glue used is prone to fail. I have seen a few custom kitchens, one with a beautiful Cherry wood, fail after about 10 years. The venner started to separate and "bubble" . No way to fix except to apply a new panel over the failing ones. Again, the veneer is also usually so thin that there is nothing there to fix if a panel gets a ding or scratch.  Bottom line is that what looks like a quality product now is  more than likely not going to be the case down the road.  I mean use just about any comparison of a US versus Chinese made product. 9 out of 10 times the US product is better.

I know you are in Ca but you should Give Dan a call.   5412521780.  he is a board member and does custom cabinets.  only uses top quality materials.   He has done sooo much work for me and my friends.  I bet if you gave him the measurements he can do it.  worth it to get high end cabinets at a fraction of the cost. 

12 hours ago, sinverguenza said:

Thanks all for the responses. As mentioned the cabinets will be installed in my parents house and it's only them 2 living there. 

We went to several stores in El Monte and got 2 estimates. We also went to HD and got an estimate. Obviously HD was double the price and they claim made in the USA and lifetime warranty. 

DezertRatRail mentioned 405 Cabinets so we are going there tomorrow. 

Every one that posted pictures, thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchens. I wouldn't be able to tell what is expensive or inexpensive ( if any) as they all look great and expensive. 

Get a quote and then call Cliq.  They will be WAY cheaper.  They are USA made also.

3 minutes ago, r3meyer said:

Get a quote and then call Cliq.  They will be WAY cheaper.  They are USA made also.

How much were they you can PM me. Always looking for new options.