8 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I am not a fan of this but have your wife claim personal injury sore neck back wrist, air bag trauma etc. Its all soft tissue injury so just pain and suffering. A lot of times insurance companies with throw $3500-$5000 go away settlement money. That could cover completely fix the car.

I feel a need to clear the air with regard to the false accusation by one of our fellow members here. I said this to help a fellow member that has suffered a lose. Now I will try and explain why I said what I did and how I came to that conclusion. I have personally handled and responded to thousands of traffic collisions. Not to mention the 100's hours of training I have recieved. I have seen stuff I hope most people never do. I know the typical injuries and the severity of them from the amount of damage, as do insurance companies. I also know how insurance companies work. I was not telling someone to commit a felony. I mearly was pointing out something that can be overlook, yet you are entitled to. Based on my experience I know that anyone driving the car in the picture would have injuries and because of that, entitled to compensation. 

Unfortunatly, as is to often the case, someone saw this as an opportunity to take a cheap shot. What it does show is the character of this person. I leave it at that. 

Everyone have a great and safe holiday weekend. This one is for us and our hard work. 

36 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Do you feel better, maybe a bit more important, not quite as inadequate as you usually do? Take something I said and twist it so you can take a cheap shot at me. Do feel like a big man now? Maybe people like you are why most people that join this site don't post, because someone like you inevitably will take a cheap shot so they can feel a little better about thier pathetic existance. Glad I could be such an easy target for you to make yourself feel better. You are what makes Glamisdunes.com so great. 

Damn. Wish I could read the non-edited version. 

Second estimate, for my own info, was considerably less.

The other person's ins. co. will be here in the a.m. to have a peek...

It really imo is not that bad from photo I saw. Your vehicle can be made hole and in a condition like prior to accident. That is what you really want and deserve.

That really sucks!

It's going to take 12-18 months of BJs for her to get that fixed!

Dude! That sucks! I love those trucks, I’ve wanted one for years. And you got a red one, I always see black. As another poster stated, document the rebuild with a ton of pics and receipts. It’s a fairly rare SUV so even having been in a collision should bring decent money when you decide to sell. 

Hope you can get it all back together good as new Brandon, more importantly glad your gf wasn't hurt badly or worse. We all grow so attached to our vehicles as we make them ours by doing this or that to them. Vehicles come and go, friends, and family are priceless!

On 8/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, SANDPSYCHO said:

Do you feel better, maybe a bit more important, not quite as inadequate as you usually do? Take something I said and twist it so you can take a cheap shot at me. Do feel like a big man now? Maybe people like you are why most people that join this site don't post, because someone like you inevitably will take a cheap shot so they can feel a little better about thier pathetic existance. Glad I could be such an easy target for you to make yourself feel better. You are what makes Glamisdunes.com so great. 

What the... 

What cheap shot did he take?  He just called a spade a spade.  If the OP's GF isn't actually injured and claims injury that's insurance fraud, by definition.  It doesn't matter if "everybody is doing it" right is right, and wrong is wrong.  The only person targeting anyone or taking cheap shots is you.  You're saying Jim has a "pathetic existance" [sic] because he's not a fan of insurance fraud?  

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back on topic.  Hopefully your insurance companies estimate keeps it under the totalled threshold and you can have it fixed properly.  TBSS's are a lot of fun. 

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

I'll find out next week. I'm on the road right now, so it's sitting in my driveway.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:46 AM, Wash 10 Crew said:

Time to BRO it out!!!

e7ad695d3cc671aaaeb7feb12c640f92.jpg

Dyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, siiiiiiick.

1 hour ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

I'll find out next week. I'm on the road right now, so it's sitting in my driveway.

Are the keys in it? I can get that eyesore out of there. LOL 

6 minutes ago, Chingon619 said:

Are the keys in it? I can get that eyesore out of there. LOL 

Who needs keys?

7 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Who needs keys?

Oh yeah, I forgot I am of "Hispanic descent" (politically correct for those panty wadders) 😂

1 hour ago, tjZ06 said:

What the... 

What cheap shot did he take?  He just called a spade a spade.  If the OP's GF isn't actually injured and claims injury that's insurance fraud, by definition.  It doesn't matter if "everybody is doing it" right is right, and wrong is wrong.  The only person targeting anyone or taking cheap shots is you.  You're saying Jim has a "pathetic existance" [sic] because he's not a fan of insurance fraud?  

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back on topic.  Hopefully your insurance companies estimate keeps it under the totalled threshold and you can have it fixed properly.  TBSS's are a lot of fun. 

-TJ

Thanks TJ,  wasn't worth responding to as he already showed his true character the first time. 

2 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

What the... 

-TJ

Wait a minute. TJ's back on GD?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, matt86m said:

Good to have him back in the hood. 

1 hour ago, matt86m said:

8 minutes ago, Sndsamplr said:

Good to have him back in the hood. 

Thanks gents.  I don't want to make this about me... just enjoying the forum and hopefully lending a hand or some knowledge where I can.

-TJ

Body shop (independent of both estimates) got it torn apart and submitted supplement claim.  $8600 this time around.  Hartford want's to total it.  

Waiting to see what Hagerty says.