John@Outfront Mtrsprts

fire near my house in hills of murrieta, new fire 9/19 3 miles away

Thank you all for thinking of us.  Clinton Keith was shut down this morning.  I normally leave at 4:15 am to have a 1:15 commute.  at one point on my drive down the hill into town a CHP said it was closed and you have to go around through De Luz.  issue is I had a mini X on a trailer with no brakes (its half built) and the only other way out of my area is down a super step hill, where the sign says "Exceeds 26% grade" for about a mile.  I put it in first gear, flashers on and never went over 12MPH .  I was concerned my trailer was going to push me over the side of the hill and I would be the cause of fire #2 in my area.  all went well down the hill but it did take me 2:40 to get to work today:angryfire:

As I was driving north on the 15 from Temecula I saw about 30 little fires on the hill, they said it was only 10% contained but it looked good to me.  my wife is at home holding down the fort if some crazy wind thing decided to turn it another way

Dang John...that's way too close!

If it's a cigarette... :simrak: Effing stupid people! 

Stay safe!

-TJ

things are flaring up a  little more.   there are only two ways to get to our entire area 10x15 miles of homes on 5 acre lots.  the main way has been closed (Clinton Keith)   the other way is through DeLuz.  they are now not letting residence back up that way.  so if you came down the hill to go to work, you can not go home!  they said there is some danger of shifting the other way.  towards the ocean.  My wife is home and says all is well at our house so far.

Pray for no wind

Take your christmas lights down geez haha! Hope all is well and our great firefighters can get everything under control.. Keep us posted!

1 hour ago, Blue-Jay said:

Take your christmas lights down geez haha! Hope all is well and our great firefighters can get everything under control.. Keep us posted!

no way on the lights. they are Led with 20 colors, themes etc. was red white snd blue until the 4th, now its summer colors. next is Halloween.  we love them. lol 

John, glad to hear that you and your family are ok.

Crazy that we were just discussing fire danger on Saturday. 

Let me know if you need anything. 

Dave

now more fires.  this one only 3 miles from my house and im not there. but prevailing winds will push it towards the last fire where there is not much fuel left.

Good luck John.

1 hour ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

now more fires.  this one only 3 miles from my house and im not there. but prevailing winds will push it towards the last fire where there is not much fuel left.

9/19/19 @ 5:50 PM - After better mapping the fire is currently 9.85 acres and is now 25% contained.