Jump to content
jtmoney714

Push lock fuel lines

Recommended Posts

Anyone have experience with push lock fuel lines. Specifically for fuel injected stuff. I’m not necessarily worried about something flying up and puncturing a line. More worried about issues with fittings and etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had it on my car for a season, no issues to date.  Bought everything from CBM because they're local to me.  Kartek sells similar stuff, I think they carry Fragola.  Probably considered "higher end" than the CBM parts.  I like the look of the smooth hose CBM has for their push lock fittings.  The stuff Kartek sells has a rough textured exterior finish and in my eyes, didn't look as clean.  

Note, my system is gasoline only, the CBM hose wouldn't work for E85.  Have to get the high dollar PTFE coated hose and special PTFE hose fittings if you run E85.  I guess you don't have to, but you should.....

Edited by evantwheeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never used the push lock stuff. I just switched to PTFE hose and fittings and I'm really impressed with it. My entire fuel system with black rubber over coating over stainless PTFE hose and 15 PTFE fittings was around $150 on anfittings.com. Just placed an order for another 25 fittings and hoses to convert a Tatum I'm prepping right now to PTFE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Never used the push lock stuff. I just switched to PTFE hose and fittings and I'm really impressed with it. My entire fuel system with black rubber over coating over stainless PTFE hose and 15 PTFE fittings was around $150 on anfittings.com. Just placed an order for another 25 fittings and hoses to convert a Tatum I'm prepping right now to PTFE. 

That seems like a very, very good deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use it, but mckenzies recommendation was to use it with hose clamps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have run push lock stuff for 3 seasons with zero issues.  No extra clamps used.  

Now that I am running e85 I need to switch over to a hose that works with ethanol.  Hopeful I don't have to buy fittings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, evantwheeler said:

That seems like a very, very good deal. 

I was surprised the prices were so low compared to Summit and JEGS and was skeptical to order but took a chance. I put all my lines together and had zero leaks. But I haven't had the car in the sand yet so I'm still a little concerned and am keeping my old AN steel braided stuff handy just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff.  I tried following that link for the AN stuff and it took me to a wheel spacer website.  Did you have to call?

Edited by Lambro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lambro said:

Jeff.  I tried following that link for the AN stuff and it took me to a wheel spacer website.  Did you have to call?

Here's the correct link-

http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lambro said:

I have run push lock stuff for 3 seasons with zero issues.  No extra clamps used.  

Now that I am running e85 I need to switch over to a hose that works with ethanol.  Hopeful I don't have to buy fittings

The PTFE hose requires fittings specific to the hose.  In my research,  you are not able to re-use any push lock fittings with the PTFE hose unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found push lock hose rated for e85

Edited by Lambro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fuel rail and lines on your xj were pushlock. They work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, evantwheeler said:

The PTFE hose requires fittings specific to the hose.  In my research,  you are not able to re-use any push lock fittings with the PTFE hose unfortunately.

EDIT: misunderstood your reply.

 

You can reuse the fittings, just not the ferrule. Same thing with compression fittings. I bought extra ferrules in -4, -6, -10 for about $1.50 each.

Screenshot_20190906-191531_Chrome.jpg

 

Edited by L.R.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works great. I wouldn’t worry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was gonna go that route but found a black braided kit on amazon for cheap did my car and a friends so far holding out good. 

 

Weve ran high dollar stuff on drag cars and cars and our old drag boats worked great but still have to replace a hose within 2 seasons usually a leak at a fitting after it sat for a while. my advice fun hose two seasons replace. Unless ptfe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Push-Lok fittings work very well and  you do not need an extra clamp.  It's damn near impossible to pull a hose back off of a fitting once its pushed all the way on.  Actually I would say completely impossible.  I had to cut the old hose off of a fitting I wanted to reuse.  Using a clamp can actually cause the internal barb to cut too much into the hose and damage it.   I use them on my Duramax FASS lift pump.   Not real high pressure, but I've never had a problem or leak.  If you can swing the cost, HosePower made all of the PTFE lines for my car.  All fittings are crimped and can't be rotated once done.  You need to know the rotation as it fits before crimping.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My car is all push lock fittings.  I use parker cloth braid hose from my local air and hose source.  3 seasons no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up guys. I went to G&J aircraft and they didn't have ptfe hose for push lock. So I had them just do the standard an fitting deals. They said I shouldn’t have to worry about fuel lines ever again🤷🏻‍♂️  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jtmoney714 said:

Thanks for the heads up guys. I went to G&J aircraft and they didn't have ptfe hose for push lock. So I had them just do the standard an fitting deals. They said I shouldn’t have to worry about fuel lines ever again🤷🏻‍♂️  

Rubber hose will break down over time, crack and split. But you definitely have many years before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we use the pushlock but the hose we use is the Aeroquip, it looks like hydraulic hose, super hard to push on we heat it up in water for about 5 min then lube the fittings,

will add some pics, it is mostly what we use now,   you can add clamps to double the pressure, the tool is a class cutter to clamp the fitting, you can get them at harbor freight

if you look now at all the fuel injection, Holly, MSD and the major brands all use the pushlock

my personal car is going on 7 years,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Alper said:

we use the pushlock but the hose we use is the Aeroquip, it looks like hydraulic hose, super hard to push on we heat it up in water for about 5 min then lube the fittings,

will add some pics, it is mostly what we use now,   you can add clamps to double the pressure, the tool is a class cutter to clamp the fitting, you can get them at harbor freight

if you look now at all the fuel injection, Holly, MSD and the major brands all use the pushlock

my personal car is going on 7 years,

 

Going on 9 years using pushlock/socketless hose, never had a fitting seep... no extra clamps.  After doing a couple fittings by hand, had enough of the boiling water thing, running in and out of the house, pita... bought the right tool.  It's slick... zero sweat involved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carboy said:

 

Going on 9 years using pushlock/socketless hose, never had a fitting seep... no extra clamps.  After doing a couple fittings by hand, had enough of the boiling water thing, running in and out of the house, pita... bought the right tool.  It's slick... zero sweat involved.

 

I have used this tool, they are so nice,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never seen a push lock fitting on any kind of real race car. Just saying! They won’t be on my car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pushlocks work fine. Ran them on my cars for a long time with no problems.  The issue is the rubber hose will deteriorate in a few years as stated above.  The get hard and crack.  If you replace the rubber hose every couple years the fittings are fine.  Just be careful cutting off the old hose and don't score the fittings and you can reuse them.  I switched my car to PTFE with all Fragola fittings a few years ago.  No leaks and it's easy to remove hoses.  They should last forever.  I looked at ANfittings.com but read several  bad reviews.  They are WAY cheaper than Fragola, Earls and XRP.  

Jeff, let us know the results on those fittings after you use them for a while.  If they work good that's definitely the cheapest way to change to PTFE.  I think I had over $600 just in fittings for my car!

~jw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...