Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 9/7/19 what are you doing this weekend?

3 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

Dropped the wife off up in Montrose Ca with the daughter so they could "craft".

Followed the GPS to go home, it told me to exit the freeway,  so I ran into a MS13 gang shooting.

Denied entry to the freeway by the yellow crime scene tape and lit road flares, I finally made it home an hour late.

Crazy SALVI’S

44 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

only 4.5 hours away 

The usual turn and burn. Jumped in this and headed out. Just stopped in St George for fuel so I'm about half way to LA. Stewart Raceworks luxury prerunner and there's a fully decked out brand Wildcat XX in the Uhaul. Gotta get them both to San Diego so they can prerun the Baja 400.

123128.jpeg

20190907_103309.jpg

Daughters softball game this morning. It was hot. Then took the kids to the Hot Wheels monster truck event in Ontario. Now sitting on the couch doing nothing. 

Tomorrow 19 hours of OT. 

Slappy be dancin 

Diving way too deep into my head, and I have to say, it’s fu@&$: scary 

Getting ready for Idaho on the 18th , can’t wait!😎

CB88A909-40B3-4928-9499-A6FFAF0F555D.jpeg

6 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

The usual turn and burn. Jumped in this and headed out. Just stopped in St George for fuel so I'm about half way to LA. Stewart Raceworks luxury prerunner and there's a fully decked out brand Wildcat XX in the Uhaul. Gotta get them both to San Diego so they can prerun the Baja 400.

123128.jpeg

20190907_103309.jpg

Todd Romano’s Prerunner & UTV. Figured it would be for the Sand Show. Must be Prefunning with Robby as Todd’s not listed as racing his truck. 

Traveling to Switzerland for the week 

1 hour ago, NIKAL said:

Todd Romano’s Prerunner & UTV. Figured it would be for the Sand Show. Must be Prefunning with Robby as Todd’s not listed as racing his truck. 

Yeah it's Todd's stuff, been hauling it for a couple years now. Such a good dude. Can't remember the last time he raced his Geiser. It got a full prep by Damen Jeffries and fresh Redline engine and dyno tune last year. I hauled it to his house in SLC and haven't seen it since. His new truck isn't ready yet. I'm keeping his Speed Energy Wildcat XX at my house until he decides where it's going next week.

He told me they sent 4 tractor trailers worth of stuff to the SSSS. 

Staring at the ceiling....in the dark, working out my to do list come morning. 

Working. As of about 01:20 this morning we are in beautiful Devore.

22 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Going out for some breakfast with hexnuts then testing out some readers. Guess I'm getting old.

Tomorrow work on the buggy and trailer.

You all have fun and be safe.

:gd:

:sail:

😉

17 hours ago, JDMeister said:

Dropped the wife off up in Montrose Ca 

You were a mile from me and didn't stop by?

40 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

You were a mile from me and didn't stop by?

I was on a time schedule.. (Tight One)

Well, I changed my profile photo tonight.  That pesky Can Am Maverick that was in my profile photo before is currently on CraigsList.  I have a love-hate relationship with it.  I have no idea if I will sell it this year and buy my X3, or if I'll put 8000 miles on it and just lay it to rest out in the desert in a very remote non-descript wash.  I honestly just don't know.

My new profile photo should stay solid because Jim Morrison  is like my favorite musician since I was in 4th grade listening to Light My Fire.  There is no reason to change this profile photo again.

Edited by Phoenix7

On 9/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, L.R.S. said:

I wish I had the OHV lifestyle that you have L.R.S.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, Bansh88 said:

20190907_104720.jpg

bansh88 I liked your post because momentarily it totally blew my mind.  I can't believe that anyone even thinks this stuff and actually produces cup holders with this kind of information.  I'm happy that you're a member of this forum because your posts sometimes taze my mind.

1 hour ago, Phoenix7 said:

I wish I had the OHV lifestyle that you have L.R.S.

Thanks man.  I'm lucky to get to do some pretty cool stuff in this industry.  Like anything, it does come with a price.  What started out as a hobby turning wrenches on cars has become a viable business but I do still consider it my "side hustle" and enjoy it very much. 

Tomorrow I drive to San Diego to drop off Todd's prerunner at Jimmy Weitzel's shop, I'll stick my head in Jimco cause they're next door, meet up with @jwest2sh to buy some parts, cruise over to @tintman shop to say hello and get n his schedule for the warp on my car, stop at my buddy @BansheeBoy914 house to pick up his 2D, swing by Kartek for more parts, shoot over to Rancho Performance to drop off the 2D,  then stop at Funco to drop off some shocks, and of course walk the shop with Grant so I can see what everyone is building.    

Started the weekend off with  a victory in a golf tourney Friday. Rested the body Saturday. Went to the Cowboys game Sunday. Starting Monday  off with a nice hangover of some sorts! Peace

completely screwing up $300 in twisted up s#it ass wood, I bought from HD (& in an unrelated effort, getting in the dog house with the wife).  By Lunchtime on Sunday (10:00am) I was looking forward to going back to work........

20 minutes ago, Bobalos said:

completely screwing up $300 in twisted up s#it ass wood, I bought from HD (& in an unrelated effort, getting in the dog house with the wife).  By Lunchtime on Sunday (10:00am) I was looking forward to going back to work........

Dood! I bought some doug fir trim, was really moist at HD, but mostly straight, a week later i go to cut for trim and its twisted as a politician! Their stuff sucks! Last batch of lumber i got from dixieline was full of termites! Where do you go now?

sometimes a wet wood is not so good.....

2 projects getting closer to being done

Motorhome getting new Ac today and solar panels installed hopefully in a few weeks.

Sand car should be full roller next weekend

20190907_152158.jpg

20190907_152125.jpg

20190907_065406.jpg

On 9/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, 2turbofords said:

Went to the grand opening of the  new Off Road Wherehouse in sandy eggo. Kids and I got interviewed by fox 5 news it was pretty awesome! Gonna be on the 10 pm news tonight.

IMG_20190907_124631333_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_124632929_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_113811579_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_113926399_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_113849857_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_113932775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_114136857_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_120748269.jpg

IMG_20190907_121638371.jpg

IMG_20190907_131051691.jpg

IMG_20190907_124611926_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190907_121727376.jpg

IMG_20190907_120806081.jpg

What was the 12 cylinder motor in the Jeep? DON~~~

Wish I would have asked, it's headed to sema I guess.  Jeep looked 20 feet long and had a full custom stereo also! The kids and I even got on the local news.