Dunerking

ATC toyhauler info

We sold our Keystone Raptor over a year ago and my family keeps hounding me "when are getting another trailer"! 

Our Raptor was 36' overall length and really sold to downsize to a 30'-32' overall length to make it easier to get into most state parks.

That being said we rally like the new Genesis model 28IKS 5th wheel and the Attitude/Eclipse 2814SS. My biggest concern with the mass produced toyhaulers is dealing with QC issues. But I also dealt/fixed issues with our Raptor. 

Ive looked at the ATC toyhaulers and liked their product even though there is some sticker shock(hopefully there is some negotiating on price),but I'm curious if anyone here owns one or knows of anyone owning one. Curious of if the QC is better with the ATC over the other products out there. Thanks for any info! 

Seeing some early reviews on YouTube I know they had some early production issues but nothing that would keep me from considering one. 

They are all the same junk built by all the same circle of people who go from one manufacturer to the next and then a few years later start over again. There is no such thing as a quality RV unless it says Prevost or Newell on the back. I'd suggest pick the floorplan/layout you like and just deal with the rest. The supposedly high end units are just "lipstick on a pig" in my eyes and aren't worth the extra dough they try and fetch for them. Under all of the fancy wall coverings and shiny paint they are all the same crap. Ain't none of them going to last until the end of the 15yr loan people often buy them with. Buy one a few years old and let the first guy take the hit. 

Having looked at an ATC I would disagree with the comment above. The build quality is really impressive. That said, you can expect to deal with some issues but again I have heard the company is fantastic to work with. 

AZdunerat, I think your correct about fortyfours statement. I definitely feel ATC products aren't built like the rest of the products out there,and appear to be built to a higher standard. I was also looking at Sundowners,but feel the ATC toyhauler is a little more refined. 

Thanks for any and all info! 

http://aluminumtoyhauler.com/models.html

the 32' 5th wheel would be the one I'm considering. 

I would like to look at them too. I have considered going the MoHo route but I feel a toyhauler is probably better suited for us. Just cost alone (upkeep, registration, insurance, etc) 

ATC is one I'd like to see and from the little I have read I too think they are better built. 

1 minute ago, matt86m said:

I would like to look at them too. I have considered going the MoHo route but I feel a toyhauler is probably better suited for us. Just cost alone (upkeep, registration, insurance, etc) 

ATC is one I'd like to see and from the little I have read I too think they are better built. 

Our family has considered the MH/DP setup as well,but not having a vehicle to drive around once camp is set up(unless u drag another vehicle along),maintaining another drivetrain,replacing expensive tires,and overall ease of loading/unloading bulking things like kayaks,SUP,bikes,etc...just keeps pointing me back to a 5th wheel. 

My wife and I really like the new Genesis 28IKS model but have concerns if I have to deal with the warranty issues as I'm out of town quit a bit,and to get it in for repairs could be challenging. 

3 minutes ago, Dunerking said:

Our family has considered the MH/DP setup as well,but not having a vehicle to drive around once camp is set up(unless u drag another vehicle along),maintaining another drivetrain,replacing expensive tires,and overall ease of loading/unloading bulking things like kayaks,SUP,bikes,etc...just keeps pointing me back to a 5th wheel. 

My wife and I really like the new Genesis 28IKS model but have concerns if I have to deal with the warranty issues as I'm out of town quit a bit,and to get it in for repairs could be challenging. 

Same concerns here! We like the smaller 5th wheels for the same reason. 32' oal is what I would like to stick with. I do the 2 trailer shuffle in Glamis which is a PITA but being able to tow the 5th to parks and smaller camp sites while hunting is nice.

It looks to me like they build a nice trailer. Made to last and look good after 5+ years. I have an Attitude and everything still works but it looks wore out from the weather on the outside. Wish I could store it indoors. I think most trailer issues are usually minor and I can do them myself. But if you're not handy a friend or handyman can repair most. Major issues would definitely be the dealer issue. Good luck.

I will say the ATC does look better built the typical TH. 

They seem like a race car hauler turned into a toy hauler. 

I don't see slide outs as an option though. Tim 

9 minutes ago, King Tim said:

I will say the ATC does look better built the typical TH. 

They seem like a race car hauler turned into a toy hauler. 

I don't see slide outs as an option though. Tim 

I agree about not seeing slideouts,but I'm willing to go without a slideout for better built unit. Our Raptor only had a bedroom slide( which was needed as the bed was configured into the slide and the bathroom sink and shower were in the bedroom). Most of time is spent outside anyways(unless weather goes south) so needing massive interior sqft in not a priority. 

Look super nice, those 5'ers are some big coin!

1 minute ago, raspadoo said:

Haha....your not kidding on the price!! I'm hoping that they have negotiation for that price.

1 minute ago, raspadoo said:

Yes I noticed! 36' 5ver $89,173

I wonder if they discount them like the other companies! :lol: $119,999 discounted to $69,998! Show special! :lol:

Probably not.

The fact that you can literally hose down/pressure wash the inside caught my interest. Go mudding on accident, get home unload and then hose the effer out.  Would make clean up super easy. 

the ATC is more the top brand of chassis, you are paying for the quality of the shell, the inside are pretty plane, I like the forest river work and play inside a little nicer, but great dane does there own inside and orders the atc shell, so I would look at the great dane site also

12 minutes ago, AZDUNERAT said:

The fact that you can literally hose down/pressure wash the inside caught my interest. Go mudding on accident, get home unload and then hose the effer out.  Would make clean up super easy. 

Good point,definitely a more user friendly rig! 

5 minutes ago, J Alper said:

the ATC is more the top brand of chassis, you are paying for the quality of the shell, the inside are pretty plane, I like the forest river work and play inside a little nicer, but great dane does there own inside and orders the atc shell, so I would look at the great dane site also

Do u have a link for the Great Dane toyhaulers? I looked it up but all I saw was standard over the road trailers.

I have repaired so many things on Toyhaulers and its why I went the Moho /trailer route  for a number of years. 

with Toy haulers I look at the two types of builds  - the lite weight "stick and tin" stuff as they call it  (I have one of those now)  and the smooth side Aluminum stud construction of the heavier design.   Both have their benefits IMO, and the ATC stuff is a modification of the latter looks top notch.  A little attention to detail on most of these would make them a lot better, but I have never see that consistently, whether they fall down on electrical, or plumbing, or just cutting holes everywhere... -  they are like the "kit cars" of RVs 

This is why I like ATC....For me it's the stuff companies buy from "lippert" and they all buy that lippert stuff...and have to "integrate" that is where a lot of the "rough" work shows and where you have problems because they aren't engineering it- they are making it fit. The more pieces the manufacturer  "engineers" assuming they are good at it, the better the overall product.

ATC makes their own extruded floors , roofs, and wall panels and cabinets - they engineer those and no wood screws and medium density fiberboard, and water won't attack them - seems like they might hold up better over rough roads and off camber hauling. that stuff is not cheap and it shows in the price tag

1 piece aluminum roof! No rubber

16 minutes ago, matt86m said:

1 piece aluminum roof! No rubber

Another thing I was happy to see with the ATC rig! 

The quality of the ATC and the others at sandshow today were no comparison.  They make a nice trailer but the price tag reflects it.

Saw the same today. Would not have even looked at them as I'm not in the market but this thread made me look. Solid trailer. I would need the bowling alley if I was in the market and there big model (didn't see model size) at the show would work fine.  No slide bit fit and finish was as good as it gets. 

Not being in the need I didn't pick at it, but would be the first one I go back to.

Fwiw, nice trailer.