Sign in to follow this  
danbalz

Gear-one super stub axle.

Now that Gear-one is back does anyone know if they are going to make super stub axle kit ?  Need to upgrade but dont want to buy new arms.

15 minutes ago, danbalz said:

Now that Gear-one is back does anyone know if they are going to make super stub axle kit ?  Need to upgrade but dont want to buy new arms.

Yes, we still make super stub kits @danbalz Shoot me an email ( parker@gear-one.com ) or give us a call ( 623-934-6913 ) 

1 hour ago, GEAR-ONE.COM said:

Yes, we still make super stub kits @danbalz Shoot me an email ( parker@gear-one.com ) or give us a call ( 623-934-6913 ) 

Dat response time. :bigrin 

Interested as well, email sent. 

we convert them in seconds, 

take the old arm cut out a good size hole with the plasma cutter and add the micro stub to the brake, VW style if feel has never lasted on any car in camp, and ends up destroying a full day to get the car back, the Micro Stub kit I feel is way better than the VW style Super stub, really worth converting them, 

5 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Dat response time. :bigrin 

Parker is a good kid(I call him a kid but he's a young man now, haha).  Next generation Gear One owner.  They have a lot of R&D on this stuff so it's cool to see them getting back into it and fulfilling parts orders/needs.

Is there a shop that can modify my trailing arms and upgrade to stronger microstubs? RBP/Grey Area, anything would be better than VW type one! Of course new axles and probably need to replace my Tatum brake set up.  I am located in West Phoenix, but would trailer to a reputable shop that does quality welding.  Small 4 seat Honda/2D .  Thanks

8 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

Is there a shop that can modify my trailing arms and upgrade to stronger microstubs? RBP/Grey Area, anything would be better than VW type one! Of course new axles and probably need to replace my Tatum brake set up.  I am located in West Phoenix, but would trailer to a reputable shop that does quality welding.  Small 4 seat Honda/2D .  Thanks

I would probably talk to Foddrills. 

10 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Kevin McMullen can do it.

He is by Tatum.

But he is pretty backed up right now.
I know of 3 guys "on the list". 

10 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Talk to the man with the mullet Joe Fab.  

Alper. I know I can convert them but looking at my arms the micro stub looks like it will narrow my track width maybe 2 inches or more. The type 1 caliper mounts at least a inch away from the end of arm. Seams  like I woud have to space new end plate way out to keep same width.  

20 hours ago, J Alper said:

we convert them in seconds, 

take the old arm cut out a good size hole with the plasma cutter and add the micro stub to the brake, VW style if feel has never lasted on any car in camp, and ends up destroying a full day to get the car back, the Micro Stub kit I feel is way better than the VW style Super stub, really worth converting them, 

2 hours ago, danbalz said:

Alper. I know I can convert them but looking at my arms the micro stub looks like it will narrow my track width maybe 2 inches or more. The type 1 caliper mounts at least a inch away from the end of arm. Seams  like I woud have to space new end plate way out to keep same width.  

the only issue is we are in vegas, 

takes us about 30min to convert the arm,   we just plasma out the center hole bigger, then take the new micro plate and line up one hole with the old style, 

weld the plate on to the old plate and drill out the other 2 holes, 

How much do micro stub stick out to wheel hub. I think it's not nearly as much as my set up. I cant loose track width or tires will run shocks.

20190917_150550.jpg

Twisted Alloy still around?  They were in Buckey.  Rich used to work for Tatum.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, J Alper said:

the only issue is we are in vegas, 

takes us about 30min to convert the arm,   we just plasma out the center hole bigger, then take the new micro plate and line up one hole with the old style, 

weld the plate on to the old plate and drill out the other 2 holes, 

Alper. I see my issue. My bearing carriers give me that 1 1/2 inch width. Any recommendation to add micro stubs without new arms ?

the micro stub is a dodge bolt pattern then uses a adapter to VW

you can use a spacer on the dodge bolt pattern to get the width, but I am pretty sure they are close to the same width,