DTA

New Speed SXS by Robby Gordon

What's the word? Who put a deposit down?

It's listed for pre-sale on speedsxs.com.  All the specs are listed there too.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Phoenix7

Saw them at the show / They were beautiful. Got a chance to spend a few minutes with Robby / He went thru the build. He was very receptive to all the questions and really took his time explaining what made them different than stockers off the shelf. I really like the design and quality of them. if I was gonna get a SXS, this would be my choice. Soo many buggy designs in them and the quality is SOLID

Just my 2 cents

:poule:

6 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

Saw them at the show / They were beautiful. Got a chance to spend a few minutes with Robby / He went thru the build. He was very receptive to all the questions and really took his time explaining what made them different than stockers off the shelf. I really like the design and quality of them. if I was gonna get a SXS, this would be my choice. Soo many buggy designs in them and the quality is SOLID

Just my 2 cents

:poule:

This is why I posted. To get some feedback. Thanks!

Can you expand on anything he mentioned?

Edited by DTA

48 minutes ago, DTA said:

What's the word? Who put a deposit down?

Several people put down deposits.  $1,500.00 non-refundable.    The 4 seater looked nice, but the door situation was a little funky.  The front door opens like a car and the rear is a suicide door.  Kinda hard for both to get out at the same time.  It will be strong as the Wildcat XX frame is built like a brick shit house.

Looks to be some form of a Z1 motor they are using.  A great engine choice as it a reliable and proven to make big hp. 

Wait and see if they can deliver the them in 18 months. 

There is a note on his website that 'not sure if it will be CARB legal' which is a big deal if you live in CA...……  

I drove one a couple weeks ago...onto my flatbed and then off my flatbed and about 100 yards from the street and into the Speed Energy shop in Anaheim.  Very roomy interior.

20190908_113454.jpg

My son drove it too...

Two of my friends purchased/deposited these.  They are only making 250 of them and they will won’t be available for delivery until June.  300hp has been said for 32k tuned with no warranty. Stock is 230ish hp.  1500.00 deposit.  Every part on this unit will have a patent and will only be sold by Robby.   Not sure if this is a good idea, but 100 of them are spoken for.

Edited by mike dee

1 hour ago, L.R.S. said:

I drove one a couple weeks ago...onto my flatbed and then off my flatbed and about 100 yards from the street and into the Speed Energy shop in Anaheim.  Very roomy interior.

Usually I'm not a fan of 4-seat SxS's, but their 4-seater is more attractive to me than the 2-seater.

2 hours ago, mike dee said:

Every part on this unit will have a patent and will only be sold by Robby.   Not sure if this is a good idea, but 100 of them are spoken for.

pretty  much like the wildcat XX, he owns the patents on most of  the parts there...

Well eff it. I ordered one.

19 hours ago, 1newbie said:

There is a note on his website that 'not sure if it will be CARB legal' which is a big deal if you live in CA...……  

Do you have a link to the website?

Very Interesting stuff, Kudos to RG if he pulls this off....seems like he will if he hits the sell points listed. No doubts these machines will be exactly as promised...maybe Pres Trump current fight with CARB can help get them approved in CA, even a Red Sticker would be fine because the Dunes have no RED/GREEN designations like forest areas do.

18 hours ago, mike dee said:

Two of my friends purchased/deposited these.  They are only making 250 of them and they will won’t be available for delivery until June.  300hp has been said for 32k tuned with no warranty. Stock is 230ish hp.  1500.00 deposit.  Every part on this unit will have a patent and will only be sold by Robby.   Not sure if this is a good idea, but 100 of them are spoken for.

I would think they would not stop at 250 if they were selling well.  Maybe 250 is the first production run and they want to stop taking orders at that number.  I know I would want way more info about the machines before I gave up $1500 for a non-refundable deposit.  Looks like it will be a nice machine.

6 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Very Interesting stuff, Kudos to RG if he pulls this off....seems like he will if he hits the sell points listed. No doubts these machines will be exactly as promised...maybe Pres Trump current fight with CARB can help get them approved in CA, even a Red Sticker would be fine because the Dunes have no RED/GREEN designations like forest areas do.

I am curious where on the site it says that. I couldn't find it. Either way I have an AZ ID so im not worried.

Just now, Kat-A-Tonic said:

I would think they would not stop at 250 if they were selling well.  Maybe 250 is the first production run and they want to stop taking orders at that number.  I know I would want way more info about the machines before I gave up $1500 for a non-refundable deposit.  Looks like it will be a nice machine.

2020 MY is 250 run.

They are saying 2021MY will be around 4000 units.

Robbie posted on his instagram page to check out the link in his Bio. Speed Vs Polaris and Can Am. I hope he can pull it off. 

Screen_Shot_2019-09-19_at_1_50.27_PM.png

:dbart: 

Edited by dbart

seems like a deal at 32k when a new can am 4 seater is 30.   

Helmet or no helmet?

I trust and have seen Robby's ability to drive/ design/ and build desert toys.  No doubt he is one of the best. 

With that being said hopefully Robby's team isn't involved with the delivery part.  :popcorn:

8 hours ago, spencerbuggy said:

I trust and have seen Robby's ability to drive/ design/ and build desert toys.  No doubt he is one of the best. 

With that being said hopefully Robby's team isn't involved with the delivery part.  :popcorn:

$175 can solve that problem for at least 250 Units...

https://nickstruckparts.com//products/chainhook-hdw-3441935-19-hitch-pin-clip-qty-of-250?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIus-T2tvf5AIViuNkCh0qwQ2WEAkYCCABEgKaTfD_BwE

I hear these will all be made in a factory in China 🇨🇳..... 

44 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

I hear these will all be made in a factory in China 🇨🇳..... 

And that is different from the rest of the UTVs on the market?

Sidenote, built in a Chinese factory in Texas. So is that actually made in USA?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hisun factory texas

Edited by DTA