Sign in to follow this  
jeeperdino

another bullcrap lawsuit

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kevin-hart-likely-file-lawsuit-220541042.html

anybody else think this is total BS!

I wonder if he even thought about safety equipment when he decided to

build such a cool car, then let his buddy drive who doesn't know how.

Total BS!!!! He doesn't care about safety when he let's a friend sit in the back where there is no seat! Something like makes me think even if the car did have a 5 point seat belt it would not have been used.

Are manufacturers of fast cars like Lambos, Ferrari,  Corvette etc required to have roll cage and  5 point seat belts? 

I don't think so.

What a punk to go after the shop that built his car.

Sounds like the driver ran out of talent. Pretty major car to take such a badass road like you stole it. Lack of safety equipment sounds pretty stupid too. What if sand cars ran without harnesses and cages. 

I had a vintage KX500 once but lost my fortune because it lacked 5 pt harnesses and airbags and well, lawyers and stuff.

5 or 4 point harnesses are not DOT legal unless they have retractors as they don't work unless they are adjusted correctly. That's why side x sides did not come with them until they added retractors to them.

I worked at the dealer level on Lamborghini for over 20 years we could not install harnesses with out liability issues. Only way we would do it is if stock belts stayed in place and harnes was for track use only. Customer had to sign a wavier to that. Still could have had liability issues at that.  When they added air bags to the seats we had to stop changing seats and doing tall man modes to seats for liability issues.

Lambo convertibles 2005 and up come with roll bars that deploy if the car rolls over. Coups are built to hold up during roll over and can do well in roll over except under the most extreme crashes.  

Oh...the It isn't my fault I'm a dumbass and don't know what I'm doing so it must be someone else's responsibility Law Suit!

Yeah...Are they being represented by:

I Dindu Nuffin

:simrak:

Sounds like the road is at fault. It’s responsible for many bad accidents....

The car was built in 2016 for sema. It wasn't built for kevin hart. He bought it secondhand if you will. The car is vin tagged as a 1970 cuda. Airbags and such were net required for those years so as the car is built now does not require them either. And when you buy a used car, its normally sold as is and he knew the setup of the car when he bought it. Side note, the fiance was in the "back seat". There is no back seat in this car. Theres stereo equipment where the back seat would be. 

Kevin Hart hasn't stated he is suing, nor has he started a lawsuit. This is just TMZ trolling and a pretty shitty job it's doing. Why is anyone wasting time on getting riled up about coulda shoulda woulda?

If the lawsuit does happen, I hope he loses it bigtime for being such a lousy driver.  Manufacturers need to be legally protected from idiots.