CaliforniaSand

What is the Longest Trailer?

Do you know the guys with these rigs or are they just rigs you've seen?  It would be nice to hear from them personally to see how often they have issues.

23 hours ago, Squatcher said:

Well sir that must be very new as of three years ago when I did my searching and then asking many cops I know I was informed it was 75 ft then for years there was NO limit on the books.  They might have changed it  and stand corrected.   Still hold to my other statement that I have never heard of it being a issue if you find something on the interwebs please post I have been wrong before and I am sure will be in the future.  lol

Does it not say Exceptions a d the moho is the exception,  then moves it to are you commercial.  I had this conversation with a  buddy that owns a towing company, he said non commercial in AZ can tow any length trailer as long as the vehicle pulling is under 45 feet ??????

This is what I'm dealing with now.  Just bought a 42'DP and found the perfect 22' enclosed trailer. 26' with the tongue puts me at 68'.  

New question:   I'm sure all you guys towing heavy trailers with your DP's don't use the stock flimsy receiver that came stock on the MoHo.  Have you built custom receivers or is there a company that makes HD receivers for DP's?

1 hour ago, CaliforniaSand said:

New question:   I'm sure all you guys towing heavy trailers with your DP's don't use the stock flimsy receiver that came stock on the MoHo.  Have you built custom receivers or is there a company that makes HD receivers for DP's?

My 40' DP had a 15k factory hitch... and a tag axle.  Why did I sell that thing? 

-TJ

Yeah I regret selling a lot of toys,  trucks and cars.  

Well, I pulled the trigger today for a new trailer. 22' box, total length 26'. Going to pull with a 42' DP.  I may need to use the "special" tape measure...

58 minutes ago, b1stin said:

Well, I pulled the trigger today for a new trailer. 22' box, total length 26'. Going to pull with a 42' DP.  I may need to use the "special" tape measure...

😮   I wonder if you can order one of those special tapes on Amazon.  They have everything!  LOL

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaSand said:

😮   I wonder if you can order one of those special tapes on Amazon.  They have everything!  LOL

That’s what I’m hoping!

So this on Banks web site.

ff_2.jpg
This week’s Fan Focus is on customer and long-time Banks fan Mark Blosser. There’s a lot of levels to Mark, but we’re going to first look at his trailer, his GIGANTIC trailer that he tows with his Derringer-equipped Ford F-350 Power Stroke.
His new 50' trailer is a product of a very limited production run (only a handful made), rolls on four heavy-duty axles and sports a 20' garage. This monster replaced his last trailer (another limited run, but this time only three were ever produced) that came in at a mere 47'. The purchase of this new trailer is rather recent so Mark won’t know the combined weight of everything that he’s going to be taking to the dunes this Thanksgiving. The last time he took a trip with his 47' trailer, it tipped the scales at 32,000 pounds. This time however, he’ll be taking an additional 125 gallons of water and 90 gallons of extra fuel as well as even more gear and his rock crawler Jeep.

huge trailers are not a new thing, There were 50' warrior trailers in the dunes 15 years ago. I camp with a 40+5 and he tows it on 3axles. Andrew Buck had a weekend warrior on four axles a long time ago that was a 50 'monster logo wrapped beast also.

That is a lot of trailer!!