SCHMIDTY

Just put a deposit on a 4seat Talon. WOO-HOOO!

Didn't want to take away from Hondajimz thread, so I thought I would do my own . Just put a deposit on a 4 seat Talon. If all goes as promised, I should be picking it up either Sat. or Sunday. Huge shout out to Greg at Huntington Honda.. Mama better hide the credit card, as now the add-ons are coming. :laugh2:.  Cage, rims, tires, belts, air comp, light bar, bla-bla, blah.. Build thread short coming!! As well as a new Avatar.

Edited by SCHMIDTY

I hope the DD doesn’t go on the back burner.

24 minutes ago, cali kid said:

I hope the DD doesn’t go on the back burner.

Temporarily, yes.. UTV spring kits, and shock tuning pay the bills.. Prerunners do not.. But in the big picture, hopefully the Talon accelerates the DD build.  Looking forward to both!! I was just about to put a deposit down on a transaxle, but that just got suspended for a bit. 

Edited by SCHMIDTY

That is a drive for you...must have been a good deal.

<---Jelly!

It was. They had the best price,  and they were the ONLY place that would give a to the penny price, without open ended estimates that would likely end up being higher.. and they were also able to actually get one..  everyone else was  stating "Sometime in late November.. Tire and rim shopping tonight.. 

38 minutes ago, SCHMIDTY said:

It was. They had the best price,  and they were the ONLY place that would give a to the penny price, without open ended estimates that would likely end up being higher.. and they were also able to actually get one..  everyone else was  stating "Sometime in late November.. Tire and rim shopping tonight.. 

How much?

2 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

Didn't want to take away from Hondajimz thread, so I thought I would do my own . Just put a deposit on a 4 seat Talon. If all goes as promised, I should be picking it up either Sat. or Sunday. Huge shout out to Greg at Huntington Honda.. Mama better hide the credit card, as now the add-ons are coming. :laugh2:.  Cage, rims, tires, belts, air comp, light bar, bla-bla, blah.. Build thread short coming!! As well as a new Avatar.

Belts . . . . .  You don't need no stinking Belts!

8 minutes ago, Flip-Flop said:

Belts . . . . .  You don't need no stinking Belts!

LOL.... Let me clarify "harness's" .. Yes, the "no belts" is a huge plus..

Sweet!!!

Congrats!

Super stoked for you. The Can Am and Honda wheels are interchangeable. I recommend shopping wheels/tires on Amazon. They offer free shipping. I'm running 32in Tusk Terrabytes on mine on the stock wheels for now.  I ordered harnesses and the seat belt override from Amazon as well. Look forward to your build thread too. 

We will be out in Pismo on the 18th if you want to come over and do some testing. 

Oh No! Another duner bought a non turbo 105 hp, 1750 lbs UTV!  This can’t be right!! 

Damn it, you have not been listening to what’s been said on GD! If it’s not Turbo’ed and under 1500 lbs it’s nothing special and you can’t run the dunes! 

LOL! Congrats on your new Talon! I look forward to seeing what you do to it. 

Enjoy your new ride.    Curious to here about your thoughts on the stock suspension.   You get the model with the live valve Fox set up?

1 hour ago, NIKAL said:

Oh No! Another duner bought a non turbo 105 hp, 1750 lbs UTV!  This can’t be right!! 

Damn it, you have not been listening to what’s been said on GD! If it’s not Turbo’ed and under 1500 lbs it’s nothing special and you can’t run the dunes! 

If you ride with similar hp UTVs then it don't make a difference.   The Honda will also have the Jackson Motorsports turbo option available soon, which is a really nice set up.  Not just thrown together kit.  They spent a lot of time developing it (I think the guy said about 2 years).

I may turbo  it at some point .. But not likely anytime soon.  I go the dunes very little.  I do 99% desert, where the HP is not nearly as critical. (Sorry dune fanatics) .. With proper shock set up, I had no problem keeping up with and pulling away from many Turbo cars in the rough with my lowly XP900. It is about putting the power you have to the ground.. I did not have to "lift" for much of anything. 

Congratulations Schmidty, I know how exciting it is to get new toys. It's good to see honda getting into the market and can't wait to here how satisfied you are with the new talon.

3 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Enjoy your new ride.    Curious to here about your thoughts on the stock suspension.   You get the model with the live valve Fox set up?

No, I did not get it. I do not care for the Live Suspension. It may at some point work well ,with more time and refinement. However at its current offering, I am unimpressed.  IMHO the first one I tested,(the trail version XP) was one of the worst handling  SxS I've sat in.  I know some will tell you it's great, b/c they have to save face for extra 5K they shelled out for it.   And I have to laugh as some of those same peeps had their new Live Valve model up for sale shortly after buying it (GD members) after 1-2 rides, but were saying how great it was.. Anyone paying attention can do the math.. 

4 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I did not have to "lift" for much of anything. 

I had the same experience with both of my Rhinos.

Congrats on the new ride.

7 hours ago, NIKAL said:

Nope can't be done....Especially with 35HP

:bag:

:dbart:

IMG_20180106_142521095.jpg

IMG_20180106_142559450.jpg

12963636_10209258981300358_6844619455312472319_n.jpg

13007217_10209258991260607_8656947655549099374_n.jpg

13010623_10209258989340559_5995006949019301263_n.jpg

10 minutes ago, dbart said:

Nope can't be done....Especially with 35HP

:bag:

:dbart:

IMG_20180106_142521095.jpg

IMG_20180106_142559450.jpg

12963636_10209258981300358_6844619455312472319_n.jpg

13007217_10209258991260607_8656947655549099374_n.jpg

13010623_10209258989340559_5995006949019301263_n.jpg

I would believe you, but your some kinda photo shop guy! There is no way a Rhino can dune! Nope can’t happen!I read GD and they say unless your golfcart has 20 inches of travel and is Turbo’ed. Your not suppose to duning with it.

Just admit you spent hours making those pictures. Lol! 

1 minute ago, NIKAL said:

I would believe you, but your some kinda photo shop guy! There is no way a Rhino can dune! Nope can’t happen!I read GD and they say unless your golfcart has 20 inches of travel and is Turbo’ed. Your not suppose to duning with it.

Just admit you spent hours making those pictures. Lol! 

Ssshhhhhhhhh!

You weren't supposed to day anything!

:lmao:

Congrats

What a great feeling buying a new toy! Peace

22 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

No, I did not get it. I do not care for the Live Suspension. It may at some point work well ,with more time and refinement. However at its current offering, I am unimpressed.  IMHO the first one I tested,(the trail version XP) was one of the worst handling  SxS I've sat in.  I know some will tell you it's great, b/c they have to save face for extra 5K they shelled out for it.   And I have to laugh as some of those same peeps had their new Live Valve model up for sale shortly after buying it (GD members) after 1-2 rides, but were saying how great it was.. Anyone paying attention can do the math.. 

I have driven my friends 4 seat Turbo S and the live valve works really well.   Polaris improved the set up a lot from the first offering.  

You will have the shocks set up on your new Talon in no time.