Sign in to follow this  
FORDNYUP

Anyone using an E-track system to secure their cars ?

I am looking to get info, on the pros and cons, of setting up a box trailer with E-track rails.  Thank you 

I set up a trailer with ETrack right down the centerline of the tires. My customer straps down his Tatum Prerunner with the tire wraps. It works very good. The key is to only pull up near where there are bolts on the track. . 

I have done this with straps over tires, at times they seem to "bounce" off

I had E track  on my trailer  A couple of years ago  We were rear ended by a drunk driver All the E track Clips tore out of the track Sand rail moved around in trailer  Scuffed up the tires on rail but did a fair amount of damage to things in trailer ( window blinds, cabinets and a few other things )  Not to change Topic When CHP. asked for licence. They looked at GVW of truck and trailer . and verified I had a class A licence.  E track is great for bikes and quads but I wound't trust it for any thing heavy    

1 hour ago, mctoo said:

I had E track  on my trailer  A couple of years ago  We were rear ended by a drunk driver All the E track Clips tore out of the track Sand rail moved around in trailer  Scuffed up the tires on rail but did a fair amount of damage to things in trailer ( window blinds, cabinets and a few other things )  Not to change Topic When CHP. asked for licence. They looked at GVW of truck and trailer . and verified I had a class A licence.  E track is great for bikes and quads but I wound't trust it for any thing heavy    

The track itself stayed bolted down, just the anchors pulled out?  Dang...

Track stayed in place Anchors pulled out

I am having a new 28ft universal built.  I was thinking of using the wheel nets to secure the car.  Are the E tracks not sturdy enough?  D rings are the way to go?  I was thinking along the lines of versatility and being able to move around my load.  I will be loading a rzr and a sand rail into it.  Thank you for the info.

This is simple to me, I want my shit tied down to a "D" ring that is anchored through the floor with a backing plate on the other side or into the steel frame work.  Then secured with quality ratchet straps.  "E" track is great to mount on the trailer sides for misc. stuff.

New trailer to me and it has e-track.  The first long trip I took (Idaho) the car was looser than I wanted when we arrived, and the e-track clips were bent over. The set up was one clip on one side and one on the other with one strap thru the frame.  On the return trip I used one strap for right and another for left and also used two e-track anchors for each side.  That worked fine.   Right now I think I'm just going to install some floor D-Rings.  I hate things coming loose and Possibly damaging the car.  D-Rings have always worked for me in the past. 

BUT... my E-tracks are not aligned with the wheel track (they are wider) and this may be why my results were not ideal.

I had e track on a flat bed trailer. I bolted the e-track and used fender washers plus a backing plate with nylon nut.  Never had a problem. I didn't even use a bolt on all the screw holes.

I wonder if there are different brands which are made with cheaper material. 

I forget where I bought my e track from. Could have been Harbor Freight. 

I am looking into installing it in my toyhauler but the problem I'm having is that the under side has a cloth and I can't see where the bolts would come out or where to brace it without cutting the material.

I have a d-ring in my toyhauler that bent so I'm thinking it wasn't properly attached. 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, JKR951 said:

This is simple to me, I want my shit tied down to a "D" ring that is anchored through the floor with a backing plate on the other side or into the steel frame work.  Then secured with quality ratchet straps.  "E" track is great to mount on the trailer sides for misc. stuff.

X2 ^^^^^