ridinnhard

Need Recommendations. XP 4 Turbo or X3 Max RS

So I'm looking to get back into a SXS.  I'm torn between a RZR XP 4 Turbo or a X3 Max RS, I also like the XP 4 Velocity.  I'm looking to spend $20k - $25k.  I ride mostly Ocotillo but hit Glamis 2-3 times a year.  A used 17-19 done up a little would be good or new.  What I'm looking for is some recommendations on reliability between the two, known issues and rider reviews.  Also if your looking to sell yours let me know what ya got.  Thanks!!!

Scott

If you are looking at the can am used make sure it has already had the front end reinforced. It’s about 1000.00 in parts for the front and another 500-1000 for the ass end.  Once that is done the car is very reliable. I have had my X3 for a year now and cannot day enough good about how comfortable the car is and fun to drive in the sand. The seating position in the X3 May present some challenges due to over the hood visibility but I have not had a problem with it for my riding style. Either car will put a big smile on your face for sure. 

Just drive the Can Am and if the front end breaks then  you can beef it up.  Weak front ends is a Internet Rumor.  I drive mine fast and hard, but not stupid, and never have had a problem.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, ridinnhard said:

So I'm looking to get back into a SXS.  I'm torn between a RZR XP 4 Turbo or a X3 Max RS, I also like the XP 4 Velocity.  I'm looking to spend $20k - $25k.  I ride mostly Ocotillo but hit Glamis 2-3 times a year.  A used 17-19 done up a little would be good or new.  What I'm looking for is some recommendations on reliability between the two, known issues and rider reviews.  Also if your looking to sell yours let me know what ya got.  Thanks!!!

Scott

Go RZR if you are going to get a 4 seater. They have a preferable wheel base to the X3 4 seater.

Drive both and see which one you like to drive.  You can rent them and take them for a spin in the areas you mainly ride.

Can Am only needs a cheap gusset kit to keep the front bolt holes on the suspension from wallowing out.  The tolerance from the factory are too much.   A $100-$200 kit and you are set.  The rear is a cheap pull plate which it around $100.00.   You don't need thousands of dollars to make them strong.   All I did to my X3 is purchase a gusset kit from HMF and their pull plate of Amazon for $200.00.  I had a friend weld on a taco kit from Extreme Performance to the lower arms to make them stronger.   

The Turbo S Velocity XP is a good deal and can be had pretty close to your budget.  The turbo S models are beefed up and have some upgrades over the regular turbo that make them a better.  Plus for where you ride having a 72" wide model would be a lot more stable.  Now that the new Pro XP 4 seater has been released I would suspect Polaris will be discounting the pricing on the Turbo S models. 

I have driven the Can Am Max X3 in the dunes and it drives shorter than it actually is and is very comfortable.  I have also driven a 4 seat Turbo S with the live suspension.  Very smooth riding and the different settings you can get with the suspension are really nice. 

By the way the big dealers are having sales on both the Turbo S and Can Am Max RS.   You can scoop up a 2019 model for some good prices.