big_daddy_jp

Accidents at Glamis

6 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

I've read many of the posts here.  If all these references are about Steve/Socal, I just want to say this guy has helped me and given me more advice than anyone here by far.  He cares.  He's trying to help all of us.  Sure he has his style, but ALL OF US have our quirky styles, methods and goals here.  I see patterns in many people here.

And I admit that @tjZ06 really nailed that 90 MPH issue with his calculations.  He seems to be an extremely intelligent and successful man.  And then Steve admitted he was incorrect.  Steve is also extremely intelligent.  I'm glad he's here.  And I'm glad @I'm Sorry is here too.  His style with the short and simple replies is something I could really use in my career where I'm finding that people adhere to short/less detailed email replies.  Plus @I'm Sorry is funny too.

I hope maybe I can help Steve in some way, some day, to pay him back for all the help he has given to me.

I think everyone is just giving Steve a hard time. That’s something I appreciate about this place. Everyone has some pretty good banter and they give a lot of guff but they take a lot of it too. And I’m with you, I appreciate Steve also. 

27 minutes ago, B0NES said:

I think everyone is just giving Steve a hard time. That’s something I appreciate about this place. Everyone has some pretty good banter and they give a lot of guff but they take a lot of it too. And I’m with you, I appreciate Steve also. 

personally there are a few things that I would be thinking of "calling Steve first"  He is an asset to the Glamis community, that is  for sure!

i like the word ASSet ..... that be funny :lol:

1 hour ago, I'm Sorry said:

i like the word ASSet ..... that be funny :lol:

Just don't ASS me any questions

3 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

I've read many of the posts here.  If all these references are about Steve/Socal, I just want to say this guy has helped me and given me more advice than anyone here by far.  He cares.  He's trying to help all of us.  Sure he has his style, but ALL OF US have our quirky styles, methods and goals here.  I see patterns in many people here.

And I admit that @tjZ06 really nailed that 90 MPH issue with his calculations.  He seems to be an extremely intelligent and successful man.  And then Steve admitted he was incorrect.  Steve is also extremely intelligent.  I'm glad he's here.  And I'm glad @I'm Sorry is here too.  His style with the short and simple replies is something I could really use in my career where I'm finding that people adhere to short/less detailed email replies.  Plus @I'm Sorry is funny too.

I hope maybe I can help Steve in some way, some day, to pay him back for all the help he has given to me.

I’ve known steve a long time and he is a genuinely nice guy. He is always eager to help. We’ve gone on rescue missions late at night to pick up broken rigs, hes always first to volunteer to help. He is strong in his convictions and enjoys a good debate. The key to Steve is; do not engage him in conversation if you dont have an hr or two to kill, he loves to talk :lol: 

steve was baited into this argument

Edited by sausage450r

3 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

I’ve known steve a long time and he is a genuinely nice guy. He is always eager to help. We’ve gone on rescue missions late at night to pick up broken rigs, hes always first to volunteer to help. He is strong in his convictions and enjoys a good debate

I just looked closer at your avatar thinking “hey that looks like Lindo lake. Hey, it looks like that guy has a boner. Hey...” hahaha never a dull moment. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

And I'm glad @I'm Sorry is here too. .  Plus @I'm Sorry is funny too.

That guy is a total Jackazz! I mean.....pure dipchit! ……………… :smack: Gotta keep that Idaho potato head in line. As soon as the "block" feature became available...….. I blocked that dumbazz sooo fast and boy o boy it was heaven not seeing that troll anymore...……. In the tread Annoying Phrases....my answer....Im Sorry

I Cringe when I think of retiring in St Anthony now that he is there. I am hoping he decides to jump the snake river canyon like Evel Kaneval did BEFORE I get there...…. BUT that rocket goes flying up in the air like Wile E Coyote style and splat...……...Ahhhh Paradise found.

OK, time for bed. That image of him strapped to the rocket flying into the canyon has put me in a better mood! :cheers: 

:poule:

C1718327-1972-44DE-9749-0363F7704B74.jpeg

Edited by POULE43

49 minutes ago, B0NES said:

I just looked closer at your avatar thinking “hey that looks like Lindo lake. Hey, it looks like that guy has a boner. Hey...” hahaha never a dull moment. 

Ya, that was lindo lake. My wife and i were there with our kids killin time feeding ducks when two cars got in a head on collision between that market and the parking lot. We were watching the show when all the sudden we saw this dood with no shame standing there watching. i had to walk up and get a photo of him. 

Not sure which is winning the belly or boner

Edited by sausage450r

I would sit down and enjoy a tall glass of Tri-Tip with Steve any time...

On 10/29/2019 at 7:08 PM, aceisback said:

Who besides Crow makes good wrist restraints mentioned earlier in this thread? What are you using, and why, as in what makes the ones you use your preference? Looking to pick up a couple sets soon.

Deist is my favorite, they have the metal end that fits on your belt end. DON~~~

Deist arm_restraint.jpg

Deist_arm_restrants_013.JPG

On 10/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, CRUSTY said:

@FASTER DADDY @flashpoint

I'm sure either one might chime in on how fast that Sand Rail was going as they launched off the top of Olds. It was fast, more so it was crap yore pants level crazy .....but 90 mph? :dunno:

Missed this thread....

I did the jump about 4-5 times. The last two I hit 3rd gear (Id guess 55-60 mph) off the top. We stepped off about 120' from tires off the ground to back on. Bent the Trailing arm shock mount on the last jump and blew up all the beer in the ice chest(Of course I wasn't drinking😁) so that ended the fun. Not sure if I have any pics anymore.  King/Queen Glamis, Socaldmax and a couple others were spotting. Different time back then

On 10/31/2019 at 2:05 PM, Mac said:

:lol:

Having met you and hungout..it's all clear to me now...

Right?