Jump to content
justdirt

If you where having a new LS built who would you want to build it

Recommended Posts

Had a CBM LS3 425 w a 4.0 wipple and loved it zero issues great power. Now looking to build another similar motor with PBS trans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@alpermotorsports 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why switch builders if you are happy with them?

Redline builds my engine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call them all and tell them what you want, your budget, and most important, your timeline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have mine built by the keebler elves and filled with magically delicious titanium coated sprinkled goodies.  seriously though maybe you get a discount second time around as a repeat customer? @Cbm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, justdirt said:

Had a CBM LS3 425 w a 4.0 wipple and loved it zero issues great power. Now looking to build another similar motor with PBS trans

Guy in my group had CBM build this same exact engine for him.  He has had 3 years of absolutely trouble free service from that thing and he is NOT easy on it.  7k down the drags every time.  Here he is wheelie-ing down olds, not an easy feat, and one that he does every time we hit the hill!

I have a second hand NA Alper Motorsports built 418 LS3 in my car, and it scoots VERY well.  Stays right next to my buddies Magnuson charged LS2 down the drags, and we literally have identical cars in every other way other than the power plants. 

For me, it would come down to how I wanted to spend my money, and usually it is with the small guy, not the big commercialized shop.  Convenience also plays a factor.  I've not read one bad thing about any of Alper's engines from any one and I'm thrilled with mine.   There is also a small shop/builder in So Cal building lots of bad ass off-road motors right now - Moruzzi Race Motors.  For you, being in Elko, CBM seems like the easy button as they could build your motor, you could drop off the car, they could install and tune the motor they built in your car.  That's convenience.  You're going to pay for it though.  

0C5A1731_CR2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBM gets my vote. Bruce and Chris are great guys.  They have everything there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would love a 440 motor from alper. When I go that route that’s what I’ll be getting.
But if you want close, cbm does great work. A couple guys in our group have custom motors from them and always get their work done from them and they are always happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sandroosten said:

@alpermotorsports 

X2  @J Alper

Love my honda TO 5.3 swap he did for me! Attention to detail and reliability was INCREDIBLE!

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surf and dune said:

Kind of a bizarre question. You had zero issues and great power from a motor built by a reputable company that supports the hell out of this sport, and you want recommendations for a motor builder? Not sure if I would even want a customer like you.

Maybe he wants some options and opinions.?  CBM treated you right so one choice.  Have had a redline engine and super strong and still around which I can't believe.   I now have a Alper Engine and would have him build me another one in a heart beat.  Depends on which you want in a engine,  install, tune etc.  Alper will build and install but no tuning, other two drop off your car.  cost will be more and I think you will get a great engine from all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had CBM build my last LS motor and would have them build my next.

They have given me great support after the build and they have cool stickers that you can put on your trailer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in the answers to this question. What I'd also like to hear about is who does or doesn't stand behind their engines?

Anyone have a fresh engine blow up on them? How was it handled? Did you feel it was fair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, socaldmax said:

I'm interested in the answers to this question. What I'd also like to hear about is who does or doesn't stand behind their engines?

Anyone have a fresh engine blow up on them? How was it handled? Did you feel it was fair?

Did you get a new car Steve..or are you still a rubber band guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Super Hunky said:

Did you get a new car Steve..or are you still a rubber band guy?

No, I have a 4 seat sand rail with a Northstar. One of these days I'd love to put an LS based engine in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All things considered, get an XP4...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, socaldmax said:

I'm interested in the answers to this question. What I'd also like to hear about is who does or doesn't stand behind their engines?

Anyone have a fresh engine blow up on them? How was it handled? Did you feel it was fair?

I started a tread on this subject.   I had Alper build me one that lost a cam.   I put the engine back in and headed to dyno.  on dyno I saw that the head gasket was leaking I even sent him a pic.   I am in Quartzsite and he is in Vegas.  He drove down the next day and replaced the head gasket for my trip.  loaded it up and he said I was good.    took one run in glamis and engine was ticking again.  Gave Jason a call and he couldn't believe it but said bring up to him.     I just brought him the whole car this time.  Well honest mistake the lifter bucket was cracked and lost this whole motor again.   Jason rebuilt the whole thing on his dime and delivered my complete car back to me in Quartzsite. NOW I have never experienced customer service like this before.  he went above and beyond what he was responsible for.   Jason Alpers customer service I received made me rethink my own customer service and improved my business.   Jason's customer service by far is the best I have ever received.  He has done many more things for me and built me another engine with all the same level of service I received the first time...    Jason is the only reason I would drive out of state to get a engine built.    I am trying to find projects just to build another engine because I want one of his 440's.   I have dealt with sooooooo many engine builders, dyno guys,  fab shops and Jason product and customer service is TOP LEVEL.  His new shifter is killer tooo.   2" Hollows and other fab work.  Thanks Jason  a lot for everything you have done for me and my duning buddies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

CBM gets my vote. Bruce and Chris are great guys.  They have everything there. 

This ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 3 Alper built engines in our group.  383 Stroker, 416 Stroker, and 416 Stroker with twin turbo.  The build experience was a great one.  He has always picked up the phone and answered any questions I have had.  Would go with Alper again in a heart beat.

Edited by r3meyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

I started a tread on this subject.   I had Alper build me one that lost a cam.   I put the engine back in and headed to dyno.  on dyno I saw that the head gasket was leaking I even sent him a pic.   I am in Quartzsite and he is in Vegas.  He drove down the next day and replaced the head gasket for my trip.  loaded it up and he said I was good.    took one run in glamis and engine was ticking again.  Gave Jason a call and he couldn't believe it but said bring up to him.     I just brought him the whole car this time.  Well honest mistake the lifter bucket was cracked and lost this whole motor again.   Jason rebuilt the whole thing on his dime and delivered my complete car back to me in Quartzsite. NOW I have never experienced customer service like this before.  he went above and beyond what he was responsible for.   Jason Alpers customer service I received made me rethink my own customer service and improved my business.   Jason's customer service by far is the best I have ever received.  He has done many more things for me and built me another engine with all the same level of service I received the first time...    Jason is the only reason I would drive out of state to get a engine built.    I am trying to find projects just to build another engine because I want one of his 440's.   I have dealt with sooooooo many engine builders, dyno guys,  fab shops and Jason product and customer service is TOP LEVEL.  His new shifter is killer tooo.   2" Hollows and other fab work.  Thanks Jason  a lot for everything you have done for me and my duning buddies. 

Top customer service is difficult to find..

I've seem the sign on the wall: "Race Engines, No Warranty, Express Or Implied".

Good Job..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

I started a tread on this subject.   I had Alper build me one that lost a cam.   I put the engine back in and headed to dyno.  on dyno I saw that the head gasket was leaking I even sent him a pic.   I am in Quartzsite and he is in Vegas.  He drove down the next day and replaced the head gasket for my trip.  loaded it up and he said I was good.    took one run in glamis and engine was ticking again.  Gave Jason a call and he couldn't believe it but said bring up to him.     I just brought him the whole car this time.  Well honest mistake the lifter bucket was cracked and lost this whole motor again.   Jason rebuilt the whole thing on his dime and delivered my complete car back to me in Quartzsite. NOW I have never experienced customer service like this before.  he went above and beyond what he was responsible for.   Jason Alpers customer service I received made me rethink my own customer service and improved my business.   Jason's customer service by far is the best I have ever received.  He has done many more things for me and built me another engine with all the same level of service I received the first time...    Jason is the only reason I would drive out of state to get a engine built.    I am trying to find projects just to build another engine because I want one of his 440's.   I have dealt with sooooooo many engine builders, dyno guys,  fab shops and Jason product and customer service is TOP LEVEL.  His new shifter is killer tooo.   2" Hollows and other fab work.  Thanks Jason  a lot for everything you have done for me and my duning buddies. 

I second this!!! I have had the same experience 2X with him! Also my favorite part of working with Jason is the communication! He is flat out awesome at "making your day" with updates and letting you know whats going on with the toy you have soo much invested in.

TOP NOTCH ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

@J Alper

:poule:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no dog in this fight other than I can't wait to have Alper build me a 440 motor.  Interesting that the guys building high dollar new cars with 2000hp seem to be running Redline.  That was not the case 5 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

I have no dog in this fight other than I can't wait to have Alper build me a 440 motor.  Interesting that the guys building high dollar new cars with 2000hp seem to be running Redline.  That was not the case 5 years ago.

Why a 440? Ls7s are problematic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Punisher550 said:

Why a 440? Ls7s are problematic. 

He is not building them out of LS7's.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General Motors built my LS1 and it runs darn well! 😎

But honestly, I've had great customer service experiences with CBM when I had them do my harness, as well as answering any questions when it's come to my computer mishaps. Jason Alper has also endlessly answered any questions I've asked him in terms of sand cars. One day i'll have the opportunity to get a motor built by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evantwheeler said:

He is not building them out of LS7's.....

my @alpermotorsports was built out of an LS7 simply because i already had a block & heads. Jason hates me and claims he is going to follow me around the dunes to pick up my rods and pistons because i did not let the tuner set my rev limiter.  lets just say if you ever find the rev limiter on my motor you are WAAAAAY outside the power band, the motor should blow before my rev limiter hits. lets just say my motors have stayed together.(hopefully i didn't just jinx myself LOL.) I don't claim to be the hardest best driver out there, but I promise I'm not the worst nor the easiest.  

 

Everyone has a preference, and I'm sure there are many motor builders out there that build a quality motor. I prefer Jason for the personal touch, and the communication. He also has a wealth of knowledge that he shares on other offroad related items. I am lucky enough to Live in Vegas where he does business.

 

I have heard of him driving out of state on multiple occasions to help with delivery for out of state customers. In my opinion his fee is extremely fair.

 

I am only sharing my personal experience.  I am sure there are several other builders out there that you cant go wrong with. I am not sure I have ever heard one negative thing about Redline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...