Jump to content
breeze99

AC Guy Needed

Recommended Posts

Hi..Looking for a good honest AC guy (person) ...Looking to do two mini-split systems in my new shop...Located in the Canyon Lake/Tuscany Hills area of Lake Elsinore/Menifee...Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use this guy for all my AC needs, Tony 760-447-0580.  He is local, don't worry about the Russina accent :)

 

Nobody cheaper and he will do it right away.  Just tell him Alex sent you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pm sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, r3meyer said:

Why is there no AC guy needed? Did you see the line set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Why is there no AC guy needed? Did you see the line set?

They are pre-charged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Legit Duner said:

They are pre-charged. 

Pretty much every system you buy comes pre-charged. Yes I guess they could over charge to compensate for the length of the line set but there are still things you would check on start up with tools that you don’t have laying around the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Why is there no AC guy needed? Did you see the line set?

The only thing you would need the AC guy for would be to put it on a vaccum.  Which you can rent the vac from any auto parts for free and you just need the mini split adaptor that can be purchased off the web.  The unit comes pre-charged for that line set.  I put that same unit in my shop 3 years ago.  Love it.

My dad just built a shop and we are putting 2 of those in his also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, r3meyer said:

The only thing you would need the AC guy for would be to put it on a vaccum.  Which you can rent the vac from any auto parts for free and you just need the mini split adaptor that can be purchased off the web.  The unit comes pre-charged for that line set.  I put that same unit in my shop 3 years ago.  Love it.

My dad just built a shop and we are putting 2 of those in his also. 

Ok so you do understand that it’s not just a plug and play. Most people don’t know and would think you just bolt it up and turn it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Ok so you do understand that it’s not just a plug and play. Most people don’t know and would think you just bolt it up and turn it on.

Agreed.  But a normal install would require someone to come out and charge the unit once its installed which adds to the cost.  You will also need an electrician to run 220 or 120.  

Only reason I said that was every mini-split quote I got was 5k give or take  installed.  Did mine for under $1500 with materials in 1/2 a day.  Can take the savings and put it into something like a lift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Pretty much every system you buy comes pre-charged. Yes I guess they could over charge to compensate for the length of the line set but there are still things you would check on start up with tools that you don’t have laying around the house.

The actual line set is pre-charged. The line sets have special plunger valves. They truly are diy. I installed one. If anything, you need an electrician.

Edited by Legit Duner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Legit Duner said:

The actual line set is pre-charged. They truly are diy. I installed one 

How is the line set pre-charged? The line set usually comes in a roll with flared fittings separate so you can cut the line set to what ever length you need. I must be missing something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

How is the line set pre-charged? The line set usually comes in a roll with flared fittings separate so you can cut the line set to what ever length you need. I must be missing something? 

I edited my post for clarity. Look up pre-charged line sets.  Can't cut these types. Need to order exact length

pre-charged-line-sets-refrigerant-mini-split-systems-these-will-let-you-mount-the-cooling-unit-more-remotely-it-there-is-not-an-adequate-1-6.jpg

 

Edited by Legit Duner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, r3meyer said:

Agreed.  But a normal install would require someone to come out and charge the unit once its installed which adds to the cost.  You will also need an electrician to run 220 or 120.  

Only reason I said that was every mini-split quote I got was 5k give or take  installed.  Did mine for under $1500 with materials in 1/2 a day.  Can take the savings and put it into something like a lift.

5K???  That is one massive unit.  Did my mini split for my office for under $1200 from a License AC guy.  I had a 3 ton unit with heat exchanger done for less than 5k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cookie said:

5K???  That is one massive unit.  Did my mini split for my office for under $1200 from a License AC guy.  I had a 3 ton unit with heat exchanger done for less than 5k.

Mine is a 2 ton 21 seer unit.  At the time that was the cheapest price I could find.  Heat and cool unit.  I had a fairly long electrical run which added to the cost.

You got a great price.  I wish my whole house was mini splits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Legit Duner said:

I edited my post for clarity. Look up pre-charged line sets.  Can't cut these types. Need to order exact length

pre-charged-line-sets-refrigerant-mini-split-systems-these-will-let-you-mount-the-cooling-unit-more-remotely-it-there-is-not-an-adequate-1-6.jpg

 

Now I get it. Thanks for the clarity bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burgeson's Heat AC & Electric 909.792.2222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the line sets  aren't pre charged the unit is . yes you can do them yourself but it is always best to have a certified/ established contractor do it especially for warranty.  Mini splits are pretty straight forward . i do alot of them . Usually around $3000-$3500 installed. give or take a little for tonnage and electrical run length . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...