onanysunday

AZ peeps - California sticker no longer valid on your buggy.

So last week well before the holiday a silly lady on pad 3 decides to call 911 multiple times over loud music.  (Not my camp) She called until 1 am although the music was turned off before 10pm. (They were on Pad 5 and for the record the music wasn't any louder than most camps in the dunes) Anyway we had an upset ranger coming around the next day checking camps due to him getting a call at 1am. Come to find out my 2019 California sticker is no longer valid for my AZ buggy. I was hiding in my motorhome but others in my group said he was going to give me a warning.  I know I have a plate for the damn thing when I registered in 2005 but can't find it. Pretty sure from what I have been told I need to get an RV plate and then the AZ OHV sticker. Car is Glamis only and will never be on the road in AZ.  Pretty sure the MC plate is for street legal only? Need to know what to ask for when I go into DMV.

MVD explained 3 different ways to reg the RzR.

Street legal

Offroad only

Combo (I think it was limited use) - which is what we did. It was cheaper than street legal and just a bit more than off road only.

Truth be told compared to Cali all 3 were cheap!

RV plate and Az OHV sticker is all you will need. 

2 hours ago, matt86m said:

MVD explained 3 different ways to reg the RzR.

Street legal

Offroad only

Combo (I think it was limited use) - which is what we did. It was cheaper than street legal and just a bit more than off road only.

Truth be told compared to Cali all 3 were cheap!

:dunno:26 bucks a year for a green or red sticker in commiefornia.

Learned that 4 years ago. Cali sticker doesn’t nothing in the dunes for AZ vehicle. 
gotta get the AZ OHV plate. Then all good in Cali. 

Also is proof of ownership, and it will be an issue when least expected. I did rv plate and offroad decal, which you renew each year and also gives you a registration paper.

8 hours ago, Air450 said:

:dunno:26 bucks a year for a green or red sticker in commiefornia.

Dang i need to start going to yore dmv

CF2741E4-296B-4DDB-B1CA-2DFA3B8900BE.jpeg

23 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Dang i need to start going to yore dmv

CF2741E4-296B-4DDB-B1CA-2DFA3B8900BE.jpeg

Did it go up?

5 hours ago, lincster said:

Learned that 4 years ago. Cali sticker doesn’t nothing in the dunes for AZ vehicle. 
gotta get the AZ OHV plate. Then all good in Cali. 

Guess I have been totally out of the loop on this. :coocoo:

28 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Guess I have been totally out of the loop on this. :coocoo:

Do you have an AZ vin?

PM sent.

Edited by Richard H

1 hour ago, Air450 said:

Did it go up?

Last two i paid were 67$ and not late

I have a stack of RV and MC plates laying around. Sat here scratching my head which one and then the light bulb went off. Doh!! Figured out which plate and found it. Now the question is can I do it online or have to go in to DMV.

Funco canal pic.jpg

2 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

I have a stack of RV and MC plates laying around. Sat here scratching my head which one and then the light bulb went off. Doh!! Figured out which plate and found it. Now the question is can I do it online or have to go in to DMV.

Funco canal pic.jpg

Go to Service Az.com enter plate number and last two or three of the VIN pay for the year, no late fees no having to pay for the years you didn't buy.  $25.00 and your done.

2 minutes ago, MWB said:

Go to Service Az.com enter plate number and last two or three of the VIN pay for the year, no late fees no having to pay for the years you didn't buy.  $25.00 and your done.

Exactly right. Just went on and was able to get my OHV sticker. $25.50. And of course I marked the box off road only. Sweet.

33 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Exactly right. Just went on and was able to get my OHV sticker. $25.50. And of course I marked the box off road only. Sweet.

Yes, 

If would have checked the "Combo" or ? you would need proof of insurance, also until just recently AZ is now mailing out Plates before you would have to go into a MVD to pick up a plate.

44 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Funco canal pic.jpg

Your lucky you found the plate that matched you Vin. a few years ago I sold a Az plated trailer to someone in CA and kept my AZ plate then purchased a new trailer went into MVD to register my new trailer and asked If I could use the same perm. plate I kept,  the teller said "NO" that would be a felony HUH 😲 what !!!

Here are the rules. Most sand cars won't qualify.  DON~~~

Off-Highway Vehicle Decal

Welcome to Off-Highway Vehicle Decal! Arizona Law requires all vehicles used off highway and meeting the criteria listed below to display an off-highway vehicle decal.

Criteria (All three requirements must be met.):

• The vehicle is designed by the manufacturer primarily for travel over unimproved terrain.
  • The vehicle has an unladen weight of two thousand five hundred (2,500) pounds or less.
  • The vehicle has been issued an Arizona license plate.
    Note: If you do not have a plate issued to this vehicle, please visit your nearest MVD Office or Authorized Third Party provider.

Off-highway vehicle decals are valid for one year. The decal is placed on the upper left hand corner of your license plate.

Please select one of the options below.
Purchase initial off-highway vehicle decal.
  The vehicle displays an Arizona plate, it meets the off-highway vehicle criteria and you are purchasing the off-highway vehicle decal for the first time (fees apply).
  Unladen weight is 1,800 pounds or under.
  Unladen weight is between 1,801 pounds and 2,500 pounds.
Renew off-highway vehicle decal.
  You already purchased the initial off-highway vehicle decal and would like to renew your decal (fees apply).
Replacement for a lost, stolen or mutilated off-highway vehicle decal.
  Your off-highway vehicle decal has not expired but the decal is lost, stolen or mutilated. If you need to replace your plate, please visit a Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) office or Authorized Third Party provider (fees apply).

1 hour ago, GROPER said:

Yes, 

If would have checked the "Combo" or ? you would need proof of insurance, also until just recently AZ is now mailing out Plates before you would have to go into a MVD to pick up a plate.

Your lucky you found the plate that matched you Vin. a few years ago I sold a Az plated trailer to someone in CA and kept my AZ plate then purchased a new trailer went into MVD to register my new trailer and asked If I could use the same perm. plate I kept,  the teller said "NO" that would be a felony HUH 😲 what !!!

Your RV plate should be all you need. DON~~~

5 hours ago, Air450 said:

Did it go up?

Just looked it up, tag is $52 now plus taxes and fees=$67

15 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Just looked it up, tag is $52 now plus taxes and fees=$67

Annually? .

a silly lady on pad 3 decides to call 911 multiple times over loud music.  (Not my camp) She called until 1 am although the music was turned off before 10pm. (They were on Pad 5 and for the record the music wasn't any louder than most camps in the dunes) Anyway we had an upset ranger coming around the next day checking camps due to him getting a call at 1am

What I can't figure out is how and the heck, (or why in the heck) did this lovely person call the BLM for loud music in Glamis?!?   And 911 to boot, wtf.   

In 36 years of doing G, I had no f-n clue anyone could call the leo's for loud music, that is a made up part of the story right?  

Sorry back to the topic at hand.  

17 minutes ago, stonehenge said:

a silly lady on pad 3 decides to call 911 multiple times over loud music.  (Not my camp) She called until 1 am although the music was turned off before 10pm. (They were on Pad 5 and for the record the music wasn't any louder than most camps in the dunes) Anyway we had an upset ranger coming around the next day checking camps due to him getting a call at 1am

What I can't figure out is how and the heck, (or why in the heck) did this lovely person call the BLM for loud music in Glamis?!?   And 911 to boot, wtf.   

In 36 years of doing G, I had no f-n clue anyone could call the leo's for loud music, that is a made up part of the story right?  

Sorry back to the topic at hand.  

Yep, I can tell you the ranger was not happy about getting that call and said the 911 operators do NOT like those calls. She started calling at 8pm. My thought was she should get a ticket because they were well within the allowable time. Even then you don't call 911 unless it is an emergency.   No not made up because I was standing in said camp and heard the exchange before she went back to her camp.  She asked for it to be turned down and everyone was a little dumbfounded.

Bitch!!!!

7 hours ago, Richard H said:

Annually? .

I believe it is every 2 years in commiefornia.

8 hours ago, Blue Horse said:

I believe it is every 2 years in commiefornia.

Yep, just zoomed in on registration slip and seen good 2019-2021.