Venom

Front sway bar (yay or nay)

Took my Can am out the Glamis the weekend before Veterans weekend, and it handled great. That was our first time back in Glamis since 2012, when I had my Rhino. What an amazing difference. SXS’s have come such a long way. The power and suspension is incredible, and I know with tuning, both will improve. It took me wherever I wanted to go, with ease, and pretty much at whatever speed I wanted. It climbs hills, goes through whoops, and dunes amazing. In speaking with a couple people, they suggested that I remove the front sway bar, for better duning and transitioning. Does doing this really make that much of a difference? I suppose I could try, and see how it does, and how I like it, but I figured i’d ask first. 

Appreciate the feedback

Edited by Venom

Your going to find as many different opinions as you would with a Subaru or V8 conversation.

Some people like the sway bar others like not having it.  The car is going to handle way differently without it is the only thing that is an actual fact.  Remove one of the links tie wrap it up out of the way and drive the car, take the wrenches to re-install it.  Will only take you one ride to figure what side of the toast you want to put the butter on.

enjoy it now while it lasts / it will break off at the a arm very soon!!! @Sndsamplr  :lol: All the ones I saw this weekend had them removed OR Zip Tied up on the front.

:poule:

No need for tools. It will come off on its own. :bigrin

😂

I have upgraded the links, but if the arm breaks, i’m out of luck, I guess. Joe fab will just get some more business 

Edited by Venom

31 minutes ago, Venom said:

😂

I have upgraded the links, but if the arm breaks, i’m out of luck, I guess. Joe fab will just get some more business 

I could have one laying around that I’m not using.  

13 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

I could have one laying around that I’m not using.  

I appreciate it, but I upgraded them. I also have the stock ones laying around. 

1 hour ago, Venom said:

I appreciate it, but I upgraded them. I also have the stock ones laying around. 

I’m talking about the sway bar. 

1 hour ago, ROBERT L said:

I’m talking about the sway bar. 

I have the stock one on there still. Thanks

I absolutely prefer the sway bar

without it on corner entry initial turn in will be quicker but it will then rollover on the nose and you have o wait for it to settle

with it takes a little more effort on turn in but the nose will stay planeted and  rollover on the rear corner  , you can jump on the throttle quicker during rotation

I ran with my front sway bar for the first season and I broke the stock links 3 times.   So I was forced to drive with out a front swaybar a lot of the time.   In transitions it is much smoother whether going slow, fast or jumping into it.   With the swaybar on you could feel a snap in transitions.     Nothing horrible, but I did notice it.  I noticed the snap more once I put the Eibach swaybars on front and back.  I did go to aftermarket links after breaking my 3rd stock link.

With stock suspension no front  sway bar will have more body roll 

I had my shocks done and after a few trips  ended up taking the front swaybar off.  My front shocks were set up to minimize the body roll and once you get use to setting it up for turns it is quite fun.  Plus in the desert I like not having the front swaybar.

You may want to keep an extra stock swaybar around.  It will break at some point. 

Play around with unhooking it and see how you like it.  No wrong or right in this scenario just preference.