Jump to content

CA residents, bend over because Newsome wants a piece of yo ass!


Recommended Posts

Ph.u.ck ALL of them a.z.z holios.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

Well I’m the quick read I gather that short term investors will be hit hard if the sale occurs within 4 years of purchase. If you sell the property after 7 years it is as if the tax wasn’t there. Causing the short term investor to rethink their real estate purchases in calif   It still stinks and is just another money grab

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 more months... House is already sold and we negotiated a 6 month stay after close. Working on an exit strategy for the business, if that does not pan out I'll just start a new corporation in Ut.. Bye Felicia 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, raspadoo said:

5 more months... House is already sold and we negotiated a 6 month stay after close. Working on an exit strategy for the business, if that does not pan out I'll just start a new corporation in Ut.. Bye Felicia 

Where you headed?  TN has epic mountain biking; just sayin’.  :deal:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be worried if I was only 4'11" tall. Even jr high kids would be a major threat.

Is Knoxville a safe place?
 
 
With a crime rate of 51 per one thousand residents, Knoxville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 20.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

I'd be worried if I was only 4'11" tall. Even jr high kids would be a major threat.

Is Knoxville a safe place?
 
 
With a crime rate of 51 per one thousand residents, Knoxville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 20.

…and according to the interwebs, Trump and Covid are a threat to your way of life. 
 

tenor.gif
 

Edited by TheLatinLover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Sponsor
24 minutes ago, raspadoo said:

5 more months... House is already sold and we negotiated a 6 month stay after close. Working on an exit strategy for the business, if that does not pan out I'll just start a new corporation in Ut.. Bye Felicia 

Eric,

 

SOO HAPPY for you Congrats!!!!  You are gonna love it there!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TheLatinLover said:

…and according to the interwebs, Trump and Covid are a threat to your way of life. 
 

tenor.gif
 

You need to stay off of those libtard sites, they'll warp yore brain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So glad I punched out when I did.  Life is something better out of CA.

Edited by Mac
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

this may be good for keeping house price inflation at a slower pace on the next boom bust cycle and maybe keep the bust from being as big

but i think they missed the boat as huge company’s have been buying and holding long enough that they will not be affected only the small fast flippers will get taxed

or may be house price inflation will be worse because they will just have to sell for more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so glad to be gone. Closing in on a year from exiting Kommiefornia .. best thing we ever did for our freedoms , life & business. I feel like I moved back to America,, Like many have said, We should have done it sooner. Good riddance.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheLatinLover said:

Where you headed?  TN has epic mountain biking; just sayin’.  :deal:

I miss it... haven't been in the saddle in almost 6 years :sad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

this may be good for keeping house price inflation at a slower pace on the next boom bust cycle and maybe keep the bust from being as big

but i think they missed the boat as huge company’s have been buying and holding long enough that they will not be affected only the small fast flippers will get taxed

or may be house price inflation will be worse because they will just have to sell for more

This!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TheLatinLover said:

Where you headed?  TN has epic mountain biking; just sayin’.  :deal:

Southern Utah, TN was on the list as well :thumb: TN is by far what I'm hearing most customers / friends choosing, we still have friends and family in so cal so it swayed our decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Poule43 said:

Eric,

 

SOO HAPPY for you Congrats!!!!  You are gonna love it there!!!

Thanks Andy, CARB was the deciding factor, I for one actually love the town and area I live in, Sacramento and its no mercy left wing agenda is going to bankrupt the state (which will be a good thing in the long run)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is in Committee, it has a long way to go. the real estate lobby will fight this hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We bought a house in Southern Utah in 2018, with a 3-5 year exit plan.  That ended up being one year.  The noise from Sacramento was becoming too loud to ignore. 

Yes, needed to be closer to friends and family, so only 6-ish hours back to family.  And suddenly necessary this year with mother-in-law and a terminal illness.  Been 'living' in the RV in SoCal for the last 3 months.  It was nice to take breaks to come home periodically.  So discomforting that California, as a location, doesn't feel like home anymore.  But the WEATHER is great, and the wine at Costco is awesome!!  And if you want to work, it's there in spades.

Our observation: Most everyone pounded by fear for two years has had a devastating affect. (young people waking solo, outside with masks)  It looks like it's becoming a population of working poor and young wealthy professionals.  With the median price of a home being $1 million, that's a heck of a mortgage.  If established in a purchased home in the last 20 years, it'd be hard decision to move to a different city in costal SoCal. 

I'd say at least half of my friends we've seen in the last few months have an EXIT CALI plan in the works.  Sad for such a beautiful state.  Did see on KTLA that Cali did loose close to a net 300K in population again in the last year.  Article bent over backwards to blame everything except bad political policy.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator

Mississippi is the cheapest state to live in in the United States. Guess I'll sell my house and move there....heard I can grab this home for a case of Keystone Lite!

409 Faison Ave, Indianola, MS 38751 | realtor.com®

200.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Mississippi is the cheapest state to live in in the United States. Guess I'll sell my house and move there....heard I can grab this home for a case of Keystone Lite!

409 Faison Ave, Indianola, MS 38751 | realtor.com®

200.gif

Cool, you get the house and they give you some Keystone Light?

Score!

:lmao:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Race Face said:

We bought a house in Southern Utah in 2018, with a 3-5 year exit plan.  That ended up being one year.  The noise from Sacramento was becoming too loud to ignore. 

Yes, needed to be closer to friends and family, so only 6-ish hours back to family.  And suddenly necessary this year with mother-in-law and a terminal illness.  Been 'living' in the RV in SoCal for the last 3 months.  It was nice to take breaks to come home periodically.  So discomforting that California, as a location, doesn't feel like home anymore.  But the WEATHER is great, and the wine at Costco is awesome!!  And if you want to work, it's there in spades.

Our observation: Most everyone pounded by fear for two years has had a devastating affect. (young people waking solo, outside with masks)  It looks like it's becoming a population of working poor and young wealthy professionals.  With the median price of a home being $1 million, that's a heck of a mortgage.  If established in a purchased home in the last 20 years, it'd be hard decision to move to a different city in costal SoCal. 

I'd say at least half of my friends we've seen in the last few months have an EXIT CALI plan in the works.  Sad for such a beautiful state.  Did see on KTLA that Cali did loose close to a net 300K in population again in the last year.  Article bent over backwards to blame everything except bad political policy.... 

I was on a cruise out of San Fran five years ago. 90% of the people on the ship were from California.  The ongoing joke was Oh your from California, where do you plan on moving to, wasn't really a joke.  Everyone except one couple had a exit strategy.  

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

Somebody doesn't like house flippers.

:lol:

That pretty much is what it looks like to me.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy