Venom

RV under glow 12v LED’s

I want to add a set of led lights to the under side of my trailer, and i’m having trouble finding ones that I think will work. I want to hook them up to 12v, without having to use a inverter. All the led ropes and strips on Amazon & eBay seem to utilize a 110vac - 12vdc inverter. What has everyone used?

I used these off of Amazon.

Screenshot_20191128-195857_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20191122_200643.jpg

20191122_200658.jpg

20191122_200611.jpg

16 hours ago, sinverguenza said:

I used these off of Amazon.

Screenshot_20191128-195857_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20191122_200643.jpg

20191122_200658.jpg

20191122_200611.jpg

Have you had any issues with your controller ?

I have been using theses that are (1) color no controller with zero issues on my off road car as well as the RZR I had and will add some under my MOHO:

https://www.amazon.com/Amber-Rock-Light-Lights-Truck/dp/B019ODAKHG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Rock+Lights+with+6+pod+Lights+for+Jeep+Off+Road+Truck+Car+ATV+SUV+Motorcycle+Under+Body+Glow+Light+Lamp+(Blue&qid=1575057842&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I bought $9 Amazon 16' LED strips, used a relay and switch I had from an set of Rigid LED lights. 

image_5739.jpg

image_5740.jpg

image_5745.jpg

image_5741.jpg

image_5753.jpg

1 hour ago, L.R.S. said:

I bought $9 Amazon 16' LED strips, used a relay and switch I had from an set of Rigid LED lights. 

image_5739.jpg

image_5740.jpg

image_5745.jpg

image_5741.jpg

image_5753.jpg

This is basically what i’m looking at doing. Normally those are powered by an 120 vac to 12vdc power source. Did you just wire the leds directly to 12v?

24 minutes ago, Venom said:

This is basically what i’m looking at doing. Normally those are powered by an 120 vac to 12vdc power source. Did you just wire the leds directly to 12v?

Yes, wired directly to my house batteries through the relay.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, GROPER said:

Have you had any issues with your controller ?

I have been using theses that are (1) color no controller with zero issues on my off road car as well as the RZR I had and will add some under my MOHO:

https://www.amazon.com/Amber-Rock-Light-Lights-Truck/dp/B019ODAKHG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Rock+Lights+with+6+pod+Lights+for+Jeep+Off+Road+Truck+Car+ATV+SUV+Motorcycle+Under+Body+Glow+Light+Lamp+(Blue&qid=1575057842&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I have had zero issues using a different bluetooth app.

LED strips look better then my rock lights since the light is spread evenly. 

I used the light kit they sell for the bed of your truck.  It was half the price of the rock lights and got twice as many.  They are color changing and put out pretty good light, they are also close enough that they light up the area pretty even.  You get 2 runs rthat are eight feet so you get a light every 2 foot or so.  On my trailer I only had about a 10 foot section that would light up well ( no sense lighting up behind the wheels...) So I doubled them up.  Sorry no pictures

They also are 12Vdc so I just eliminated the single 5 watt light that lit my steps and connected right there. For $35.00 if they last a season or two I am good with it.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, Venom said:

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but 99% of the LEDs are 12vdc.  You need the 120vac to 12vdc to use with typical home wiring which you dont need in this case.

1 hour ago, r3meyer said:

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but 99% of the LEDs are 12vdc.  You need the 120vac to 12vdc to use with typical home wiring which you dont need in this case.

Yeah, after a little research, I figured that out. Lol! Appreciate app the info everyone!

On 11/29/2019 at 5:37 PM, L.R.S. said:

image_5741.jpg

image_5753.jpg

:hmm: that seems like a smart idea 

24 minutes ago, jjoseph99 said:

:hmm: that seems like a smart idea 

Thanks! Need to do my enclosed now. It's actually nice having indirect lighting at night in camp rather then a 1000 watt spot light in your face.  And I leave them on 24/7 cause they barely draw any power.