JM PRO

Rear paddle options to improve sliding

I've got a new sandrail and love it. Only issue is car does not slide as well as I would like. It's a 2d/Ls1 4 seat LT car running 10.75 front tires and 33 blasters 2pro cut tires on 15" wheels.

Most old threads point towards the dunesport 14.50-17. I've done a search and cannot seem to find where to buy or if they are still available. Who has them?

My only issue with the dunesport 14.50-17 is I need to buy new rims. Are there any 15" tires that compare in sliding to the Dunesports?

14.50 -15 seem like they’d be a good option

https://www.kartek.com/parts/sport-tires-of-america-dune-sport-sand-tires-1450-x-15-series-cut-2.html

my kids have them on their 2-seater and it’s slides like crazy. 

@RacecaR is able to get dunesports. 

I had 14.50-15 on my last car and loved them. My concern with them is the lack of height. It's a big car and I am changing my front tires to Baja pro 35's. 

Can you just buy a wider wheel instead?

Do you know what you have now?  

I went to 12” from 10” wide it helped, I wish I could have done 14” but I was worried about getting to wide but found out I could have because it didn’t matter in the end. I still have to change tires for any kind of enclosed. Wish I could have had options of wheels and backspace because I could have improved on that too. 

8 hours ago, JM PRO said:

I had 14.50-15 on my last car and loved them. My concern with them is the lack of height. It's a big car and I am changing my front tires to Baja pro 35's. 

why are you changing.  I have Baja 35's and was going to switch to the 10.75's  let me know maybe we can do a trade. 

also how much air pressure you run?  I run 18psi in my rears and they slide good. 

I feel the 10.75 tires throw the sand higher and my rear passengers get blasted every once in awhile. I feel the shaved Baja pros throw the sand lower and under the car. 

The Blaster Pro 2 is a lot of paddle for your combo and your trans will hate you for it. The regular Blaster #2 is plenty and slide good. I run 20 psi and have no issues sliding a 3300 lb car.

I went from a 15x12 Blaster 33 pro II to a 14.50x17 dunesport II. It’s a night and day difference on sliding and drifting the car. They make the 17” dunesport for reason. 

E73D1BA1-F853-43E0-A9BF-40C06A6DAB45.jpeg

7 hours ago, JM PRO said:

I feel the 10.75 tires throw the sand higher and my rear passengers get blasted every once in awhile. I feel the shaved Baja pros throw the sand lower and under the car. 

let me know if you want to trade.  Mine are only 2 seasons old and like new. 

20 hours ago, JM PRO said:

Get 33" Bajas and 14.50-15" dunesports

13 hours ago, Squatcher said:

also how much air pressure you run?  I run 18psi in my rears and they slide good. 

This.  More air: more sliding.

Why not the 1650’s? They’re 33” tall 18” wide flat profile and in 15” #1 or #2 cut.

3 hours ago, cali kid said:

Why not the 1650’s? They’re 33” tall 18” wide flat profile and in 15” #1 or #2 cut.

I thought the Dunesport 16.50-15 was the same height as the 14.50-15 @ 29" carcass height

Bump up the air pressure. They will slide. 
I run 10” wide wheels with 33 Blasters, #2 cut. If I go to 18psi. I am on skates!!!!

1 minute ago, lincster said:

Bump up the air pressure. They will slide. 
I run 10” wide wheels with 33 Blasters, #2 cut. If I go to 18psi. I am on skates!!!!

I ran them all week at 20psi. Unpredictable slides that caught a few times and scared the shit out of me.  I am sure the tires work differently on different cars. 

22 minutes ago, JM PRO said:

I thought the Dunesport 16.50-15 was the same height as the 14.50-15 @ 29" carcass height

I don't think they make the 16.50's anymore.

44 minutes ago, JM PRO said:

I ran them all week at 20psi. Unpredictable slides that caught a few times and scared the shit out of me.  I am sure the tires work differently on different cars. 

Wet sand is a different animal.

2 hours ago, cali kid said:

Wet sand is a different animal.

Correct.  
Not a fair comparison to try it this past weekend. 

3 hours ago, CHIZZLE said:

I don't think they make the 16.50's anymore.

Not sure but Kartek still has them listed online.

1 hour ago, cali kid said:

Not sure but Kartek still has them listed online.

Not the Dunesport 16.50-15???

Send me a link if u find them

4 minutes ago, JM PRO said:

Not the Dunesport 16.50-15???

Send me a link if u find them

Not the Dune Sport but a 1650 

https://www.kartek.com/parts/sand-tires-unlimited-padla-trak-tires-1650-x-15-no2.html

Edited by cali kid

16.50's are 32 tall.  I had them.  nice tire

38 minutes ago, cali kid said:

Wrong tire

That's a sand tires unlimited. I am looking for a Dunesport made by sand tires of America