JM PRO

Rear paddle options to improve sliding

1 hour ago, JM PRO said:

Wrong tire

That's a sand tires unlimited. I am looking for a Dunesport made by sand tires of America

Gotcha 

10 hours ago, JM PRO said:

Wrong tire

That's a sand tires unlimited. I am looking for a Dunesport made by sand tires of America

How much HP are you running?  16.50 dune sports are a lot of tire.  And you said it's a big car, what do you have?  How much does it weigh?

7 hours ago, CHIZZLE said:

How much HP are you running?  16.50 dune sports are a lot of tire.  And you said it's a big car, what do you have?  How much does it weigh?

It's a healthy LS1 and was told 500HP when I bought it. Car probably weighs around 2500-2700 pounds.

Car has 2" hollows in front, mid board hubs, by-pass all corners.

sand tires of america  still make the dune sport 16.50- 15. just not the 16.50- 17.  i run them. i think they are 32"  im always looking for some good used ones.....anybody?

i run 13-15psi in the rear

52 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

sand tires of america  still make the dune sport 16.50- 15. just not the 16.50- 17.  i run them. i think they are 32"  im always looking for some good used ones.....anybody?

What width rim do you run with those 16.50-15 tires? My car has 15x12 rims now. What tire would you recommend John for my car?

20191122_133832.thumb.jpg.80f80e98c593b93df1853980b15d69ac.jpg

38 minutes ago, JM PRO said:

What width rim do you run with those 16.50-15 tires? My car has 15x12 rims now. What tire would you recommend John for my car?

20191122_133832.thumb.jpg.80f80e98c593b93df1853980b15d69ac.jpg

my rims are 15x14wide. i run a #2 cut and love it with engine hp in the 600-800 range.  sliding is important to me but its not for everyone.  before committing $800 you may want to borrow a set for a weekend

i run baja pros 33 and its s good combo.  if you had 35s up front you probanly want to get the 17" rims and run the 14.50x17. but then i would really try the 1650 first as they will give you a general idea before paying for rims and tires

I got mine from Funco 

I tried a Skat Track and They slide like or more than a funco,

allot of people are scared of the Skat Track thinking it will destroy a trans, but they have many scoop options, most people think of them with a 3'' stall digger paddle,

I did a Hooker Paddle, it is the same as a Blaster Scoop, so if you are running a Blaster 33 you would need to start with a 37'' tire and they shave it down to 33''

the Skats stay flat because they are a street tire, so there is no crown to them and,

I would do a hooker 10 cup on a 37'' BFG, mine was $580 to do both tires,   for me I do not use the cutting brake at all anymore,

Just got a fresh set of 14.50-17 from @RacecaR last week. He came through big time right before Tday. And by fresh I mean really fresh.

20191120_120513.jpg

Edited by jjoseph99

On 12/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, JM PRO said:

It's a healthy LS1 and was told 500HP when I bought it. Car probably weighs around 2500-2700 pounds.

I'll stick with my original suggestion.  14.50x15 dune sports and 33" bajas.

2 minutes ago, CHIZZLE said:

I'll stick with my original suggestion.  14.50x15 dune sports and 33" bajas.

think that car is to big for those.   buy what you think is right for your car.  lots of choice.  try to ask to test some out on your car.  let  me know if you sell your fronts.  buying some this month.

8 hours ago, Squatcher said:

think that car is to big for those.   buy what you think is right for your car.  lots of choice.  try to ask to test some out on your car.  let  me know if you sell your fronts.  buying some this month.

HP and tranny wise?  You're crazy.

9 minutes ago, CHIZZLE said:

HP and tranny wise?  You're crazy.

no for the size tire you are recommending.   look at those 10.75 on there.  you put a 33 baja on there and 14.50 they will be too small. car is 2700Lb+  He wants the 14.50 x17 and a 35 baja

15 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

no for the size tire you are recommending.   look at those 10.75 on there.  you put a 33 baja on there and 14.50 they will be too small. car is 2700Lb+  He wants the 14.50 x17 and a 35 baja

I'm talking about the HP and tranny matching up with the right tire.  Unless it's all about looks?

How tall are 10.75's?

1 hour ago, CHIZZLE said:

How tall are 10.75's?

same as my baja 35's I have put them side by side.  also just look better.  

1 hour ago, CHIZZLE said:

I'm talking about the HP and tranny matching up with the right tire.  Unless it's all about looks?

it is also how the car performs and ground clearance.  that short a tire he might bottom out. you know a couple of inches DOES matter . lol  and yes looks does play an important factor in owning a sand car. otherwise why would anyone put graphics on a car.  Just saying no dog in this.  You funco guys are just pushers.  lol.   

1 hour ago, Squatcher said:

it is also how the car performs and ground clearance.  that short a tire he might bottom out. you know a couple of inches DOES matter . lol  and yes looks does play an important factor in owning a sand car. otherwise why would anyone put graphics on a car.  Just saying no dog in this.  You funco guys are just pushers.  lol.   

I share your concern with tire height and look. I also share the concern with my poor little 2D tranny against the taller 14.50-17 Dunesport tire. I think I will try and find a used set of 14.50-15 dunesports and try them out my next trip. Making the jump to the 17" tires and wheels is a costly proposal.

7 minutes ago, JM PRO said:

I share your concern with tire height and look. I also share the concern with my poor little 2D tranny against the taller 14.50-17 Dunesport tire. I think I will try and find a used set of 14.50-15 dunesports and try them out my next trip. Making the jump to the 17" tires and wheels is a costly proposal.

the 16.50 slide good too.  I really have to try some 14.50's out.  was going to try Air450's but the tires would rub on my shocks.  Need a min offset to run them on my car.  also I dont want to swap tires I like putting car in trailer at night.  Good luck play with air pressure too.  those pro cuts might be a little much for a 2 d.  you can always stagger cut the tires you have to see if they work better. 

On 12/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, JM PRO said:

its probably closer to 3000lbs or more

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

its probably closer to 3000lbs or more

Don't be calling my girl fat! She is just big boned with oversized ankles

Suspension tuning has a lot to do with how a car can slide also. Are you trying to slide it with a turn brake or throttle? Honestly I wouldn’t run anything bigger or smaller than what you have now like mentioned before a shorter tire you might bottom out the car anything taller your trans will hate life.