Sign in to follow this  
danbalz

Gear one super stub vs type one.

So broke my second type one stub this weekend. 

Lucky I had spare with me and had it fixed in 1 hour and drove it out.

Brakes damaged but still had one side working.

Need to upgrade but dont want to do new arms and axles. Cant add micro stubs to arms due to loosing 1 1/2 inch in width.  Tires would run on shocks. So anyone upgraded to super stubs ?

Did it add enough strength?

IMG_20191126_200300_541.jpg

Sorry to hear about your break and glad you were able to get it out.  My Brother in law switched to the Super Stubs years ago with a LS1 and 2D after too many days spent on the side of dune making repairs.  They held up great.  I switched over when I purchased a car that had Type 1's.  I asked Gear One to make the hub bearing carrier out of steel instead of aluminum and it increased the build time a couple weeks but was worth it in my opinion.  The Super stubs are a drastic...big improvement.  Expensive, but worth it, and way less than new axles and micros or mid-boards.  Gear One is also under new management and the customer service has done a complete 180 in my opinion.

17 hours ago, all4justus said:

The Super stubs are a drastic...big improvement.  Expensive, but worth it, and way less than new axles and micros or mid-boards.  Gear One is also under new management and the customer service has done a complete 180 in my opinion.

How much am I looking at if I copied that setup. I have an older SCU....Replaced mine a last year but have since upgraded to 2 inch hollows and may wanna make the back a bit more beefy.

mine are off the S10 if I recall correctly

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

I believe Gear One became a sponsor on here and would be the subject matter expert on pricing and what is needed.  Give them a call and they can certainly give you the best advice.   When I did mine I believe I was right at $1700.  I did the whole thing including new rotors, 4 piston brakes, hubs, bearings, seals. stub axles etc.  By doing all of it, I then had a set of "Spares" for that just in case moment.  It can be done with just stub axles and new inner splines that bolt into the hub if you already had a stub axle set up, but It sounds like you have micro stubs so you would need to make sure the bearing carrier fits your trailing arms and drill the holes to bolt the new carrier to your arms.  I'm not exactly sure that the distance on a micro set up is the same as a stub axle set up for  axle length though.  I hope that helps and didn't muddy the water on what you are looking for.  

Feel Free to give us a call or shoot me a email and I can answer any questions you might have on our super stub kits.

(623) 934 6913 

Parker@gear-one.com

Edited by GEAR-ONE.COM