Jump to content
Stugots

The 3.5 saga continues

Recommended Posts

she is a runner!!!!  He is finishing it up tomorrow!!!! Talked around 7pm tonight and he started it and it puuuured on 1st start up!!!!

Button up everything on Friday is the plan

:poule:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the Test run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SandTrap said:

When is the Test run

This week, should be pulling g in tomorrow... cars running everything looks good as of now so it's a go!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome Brother Have a great time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed Randy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stugots said:

This week, should be pulling g in tomorrow... cars running everything looks good as of now so it's a go!!

Any full rev pulls on the street?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Any full rev pulls on the street?

No unfortunately that would not be a good idea around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hows it running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started out pretty good for the first day. Second day while on a run to the flag pole I lost my fluid and over heated it and now it is over heating when i drive it hard.. I just left it out there in the hauler.. I just can not stomach bringing it back and having it in the shop again, need to take a break and deal with other phases of life.  Next trip out I will look into it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stugots said:

Started out pretty good for the first day. Second day while on a run to the flag pole I lost my fluid and over heated it and now it is over heating when i drive it hard.. I just left it out there in the hauler.. I just can not stomach bringing it back and having it in the shop again, need to take a break and deal with other phases of life.  Next trip out I will look into it out there.

damn stu sorry to here all the shit u ben through 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really should be easier than this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. Shitty with a capital shhhhh. Sorry to hear man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Sorry Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ls swap it.. :thumbup:  :lol:

like we talked about, try taking side panel off and see if that helps. airflow thru radiator may not be enough now or radiator is just too small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kevin said:

ls swap it.. :thumbup:  :lol:

like we talked about, try taking side panel off and see if that helps. airflow thru radiator may not be enough now or radiator is just too small.

Possible. How was the cooling on the 3.0? In my change there wasn't any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stugots said:

Started out pretty good for the first day. Second day while on a run to the flag pole I lost my fluid and over heated it and now it is over heating when i drive it hard.. I just left it out there in the hauler.. I just can not stomach bringing it back and having it in the shop again, need to take a break and deal with other phases of life.  Next trip out I will look into it out there.

when are we doing a 5.3 like Andy's car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, richard h said:

Possible. How was the cooling on the 3.0? In my change there wasn't any difference.

Was fine, and I have a good size Ron Davis in it... Who knows I will play with it later, just burned out on it for now...

@J Alper Defiantly starting to really consider it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J Alper said:

when are we doing a 5.3 like Andy's car

I told him I would bring it to you.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, Stugots said:

I am running the stock ECU

Have you thought about the plug and play AEM?  It plugs into the factory harness, and I don't think it even requires any re-pinning IIRC.  We had lots of stupid issues with my first rail which was running a J35 A4.  Went to the AEM and it made everything easier and better.  

 

-TJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, Stugots said:

Started out pretty good for the first day. Second day while on a run to the flag pole I lost my fluid and over heated it and now it is over heating when i drive it hard.. I just left it out there in the hauler.. I just can not stomach bringing it back and having it in the shop again, need to take a break and deal with other phases of life.  Next trip out I will look into it out there.

That sounds kind of like the first-run I had with my Honda car.  When I got it the previous owner had just had the heads done along with water pump etc.  Obviously that meant they had overheated it.  The motor was repaired right, but it'd still overheat right away almost no matter what I did.  I verified the fans were working, but noticed they really didn't move much air.  It turns out the tubes in the radiator had swollen when it previously overheated and it was basically blocking almost all airflow through the motor.  You can use a small zip-tie and see if you can get it through between the fins and tubes, if not you might have the same issue. 

 

-TJ
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SandTrap said:

Any Update?

Its in the Hauler at Dunes Edge,,, Needed a break from it, could not stomach to bring it home. Have other aspects in life to concentrate one the car took way to much of my time this season.

2 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

Have you thought about the plug and play AEM?  It plugs into the factory harness, and I don't think it even requires any re-pinning IIRC.  We had lots of stupid issues with my first rail which was running a J35 A4.  Went to the AEM and it made everything easier and better.  

 

-TJ

I have and may go down that road if and when I rebuild the A4 over the Summer.

2 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

That sounds kind of like the first-run I had with my Honda car.  When I got it the previous owner had just had the heads done along with water pump etc.  Obviously that meant they had overheated it.  The motor was repaired right, but it'd still overheat right away almost no matter what I did.  I verified the fans were working, but noticed they really didn't move much air.  It turns out the tubes in the radiator had swollen when it previously overheated and it was basically blocking almost all airflow through the motor.  You can use a small zip-tie and see if you can get it through between the fins and tubes, if not you might have the same issue. 

 

-TJ
 

`Thanks for the tip, I have a few things to check next trip out and now that will be something to look for as well.  I have a side mounted Radiator and was going to remove the side panel to get as much air to it as possible but, really never had a issue with over heating.. Also will check if the head gasket may have blown,,,,uggg.

Not sure if it will help but, running mostly water now so will bring some anti freeze and change out the oil in case it got cooked. Hoping to get out early the week of the golf tourney so should have a couple chill days to play with it. If not I will be riding a ice chest all week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope it all works out soon for ya stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...