Sign in to follow this  
jhuerta

Honda 3.2 goes on limp mode - Anyone have a stock LS?

Hello All,

Does anyone have a LS1 or LS2 stock engine sitting around. My Honda 3.2 is acting up. The oil pressure goes up and down and goes in limp mode the pressure goes over 75 and close to 100. I was able to use it like it was but I need to go slow and in first gear. I'm glad it made to the last day. I'm planing to run diagnostics next weekend. I might just buy another 3.2 for now at the junk yard and force myself to take it easy till next season. 

Question for the Honda guys, " Will the J32A1  adapter plate work for the 3.5"?  Is there a preferred model that I should get?

I was thinking of getting a 4.3 and stay with a V6 - maybe Trubo it. I like them engines I know they are heavy though but they seem reliable. 

Adapter plate works on any of the 3.0, 3.2, 0r 3.5s.

Edited by richard h

I have done about 4 conversions now we have used aluminum 5.3 engine they make the same HP as the original ls1, then we change the timing chain update the oil pump for a sandcar and put on the ls1 beltline tipically with adapter plate used flywheel with new clutch and headers new oil pan  they run around $3800 with factory computer, $4200 with a Fitech $4500 with a holly terminator,

Newer J37 makes a lot of power too...

4 hours ago, J Alper said:

I have done about 4 conversions now we have used aluminum 5.3 engine they make the same HP as the original ls1, then we change the timing chain update the oil pump for a sandcar and put on the ls1 beltline tipically with adapter plate used flywheel with new clutch and headers new oil pan  they run around $3800 with factory computer, $4200 with a Fitech $4500 with a holly terminator,

Thank you J AlperI will hit you up if this is the route I take.  

54 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Newer J37 makes a lot of power too...

Hello Rockwood  which cars have this engine so I can keep a eye out on them.

27 minutes ago, jhuerta said:

Hello Rockwood  which cars have this engine so I can keep a eye out on them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_J_engine

Click on J37 arrow :bigrin 

@Kraut_n_Rice would be a better resource for harness compatibility/availability though. 

Edited by Rockwood

The second gen engines do make more power, but they aren't as easy to run factory ECU.  Most guys run a stand alone on them.

9 hours ago, J Alper said:

DO THIS!!!! you will never look back / Jason @J Alper is awesome to work with and the conversion came out NICE!!! another guy in my camp have gone this route and also love it!!!

Just Do It!!!! you will be VERY HAPPY!

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

4 hours ago, Rockwood said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_J_engine

Click on J37 arrow :bigrin 

@Kraut_n_Rice would be a better resource for harness compatibility/availability though. 

Lol

Funny after I posted the question I did just that.  

I have my wife's old suburban sitting in the backyard. 2002 with 5.3 engine, 150,000 miles.  Now I am wondering if the engine in it would be good for a sand rail?  Since it has 4 wheel drive and well taken care of, I thought about taking it up to Flagstaff with all the snow there, and putting a For Sale sign with $2500 on it.  But the sand rail thing sounds more fun. My Honda engine is not running since it's been in storage 4 years.

With how cheap Honda motors are at junk yards it may be worth putting a j35a4 or j32a2 back in it (400-700 bucks)