Wheres Hotboat?

WTB: 2011-2016 Ford F-250/350 Crew cab diesel

My son is looking for a new tow vehicle.

He's looking for a 2011-2016 F-250/350 Crew Cab diesel 4X4. He prefers a leather, but not a deal breaker. Something under 100K miles.

His price range is about $33K max.

Anyone got anything they are thinking of selling or have for sale?

Edited by Wheres Hotboat?

Edit 2011 (2010 is the older 6.4 and he probably doesn’t want that) if he can swing an xlt or lariat 2015-16 are the preferred years as they redesigned the turbo system 

11 hours ago, Intro2Rhino said:

Edit 2011 (2010 is the older 6.4 and he probably doesn’t want that) if he can swing an xlt or lariat 2015-16 are the preferred years as they redesigned the turbo system 

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to go look at this truck, I'm pretty sure it's an XLT, but the owner is on vacation and only answered a couple questions.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/el-cajon-2015-ford-f250-diesel-4x4-crew/7024620651.html

Great looking truck. If it pans out and you can grind him a little on the price permitting the truck checks out, the mileage and year is perfect 

the transfer tank is a huge bonus. The short bed have crap capacity (I’m lucky to get 270-300 on a full tank on my 15 short bed) my previous 2002  7.3 long bed easily cleared 410-450 on a tank 

I ended up buying my 2015 a little over a month ago from a local dealership for 32,900 (36,000 after all of California’s great fees)  with 78,000 miles. I spent months trying to find one under 35k and avoid the craigslist flipper that was masking a “small accident on carfax that didn’t have pics of the damage prior to repair...” 

anyhow best of luck 🍻 

16 minutes ago, Intro2Rhino said:

Great looking truck. If it pans out and you can grind him a little on the price permitting the truck checks out, the mileage and year is perfect 

the transfer tank is a huge bonus. The short bed have crap capacity (I’m lucky to get 270-300 on a full tank on my 15 short bed) my previous 2002  7.3 long bed easily cleared 410-450 on a tank 

I ended up buying my 2015 a little over a month ago from a local dealership for 32,900 (36,000 after all of California’s great fees)  with 78,000 miles. I spent months trying to find one under 35k and avoid the craigslist flipper that was masking a “small accident on carfax that didn’t have pics of the damage prior to repair...” 

anyhow best of luck 🍻 

I agree, I like the above truck, it looks well cared for. I'm trying to figure out if it's an XL or XLT, my best guess after reading the brochure from 2015 is it's an XLT based on the wheels. We will be taking it to AZ to register so there will be no sales tax and cheaper registration, which will help on the OTD price. Looking at the above truck sucks for us, it's in Lakeside and we're all the way up in the LA area.

He was hoping to find a Lariat so he can have all the cool options and bells and whistles, but he may be too short on cash for that.

Here's another truck we're wanting to go look at. Little older, but still low miles, but it's a lariat.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/yucca-valley-ford-250-super-duty-4x4/7017622460.html

Personally I’d opt with the San Diego truck even if it’s an xlt, interior upgrades are cheaper than a turbo repair on the 2011.