barneydds

Need thoughts on sxs's

Sandshark and Intro2Rhino are right on all counts. The cool thing with Tom is that with all his experience and credentials, when you meet him he is not a braggart, and has no need to tell you how smart he is. He was exremely friendly and patient when answering my questions. Class act.

9 minutes ago, 1HasBeen said:

Sandshark and Intro2Rhino are right on all counts. The cool thing with Tom is that with all his experience and credentials, when you meet him he is not a braggart, and has no need to tell you how smart he is. He was exremely friendly and patient when answering my questions. Class act.

Hey thanks for your excellent advice in this topic.  I'm not sure where your profile name came from, but you are not a Has Been.  Obviously you know your stuff.  I like the guys who aren't the usual suspects around here, who come out of nowhere and give great advice.  Your best riding partner may be the guy with 6 posts.  Just sayin....this is the internet....you never know who's out there.  I learned this elsewhere.

I was amazed at how light weighted the swing arms are and the the bulk head needs to be upgraded right away on the can ams .when you bend a arm on the can am you have to take the hole front end apart a 3 plus hour job .. the belts are about the same . the Rzr s is amazing with the electronic suspension . . the Rzr has a lot of technology gps blue tooth phone technology etc . I suggest renting from Dave at Axa 602 672 6933 he has both units on site in Glamis on vendor row 

6DDEEFF2-4B3A-4850-B2D7-2949D107299C.jpeg

F9FFB7A0-16B5-40E1-9E3B-C280FF1D43A5.jpeg

A782E8A3-2E86-4FD9-B458-07D0A657D932.jpeg

40AD9F4B-2661-4475-BD2A-147375778F63.jpeg

75E92D58-A490-4A2B-A759-6A4B836BFA30.jpeg

Three hours to change a belt? Did you do it with your eyes closed or something? I can change my CanAm belt in less than 10 minutes and that's including sipping a beer while I do it! :rbj:

15 minutes ago, jailbird said:

Three hours to change a belt? Did you do it with your eyes closed or something? I can change my CanAm belt in less than 10 minutes and that's including sipping a beer while I do it! :rbj:

I’m pretty sure what he meant was. It’s about the same amount of time to change the belt on both machines. 

3 hrs is the wrench time to swap an a arm on the x3. The design is different than most others out there. You don’t simply remove 4 bolts attaching it to the frame. Also the ball joints on the x3 are different top and bottom. X3 stock a arms fold up pretty easily 

I've been thinking about upgrading to a newer 2 seat razor with turbo. .. but I LOVE my suspension and boxed arms on my 14 XP1000, .. just a little low on HP in Glamis. In dirt, she's a beast!..... so maybe I'll have 2 SXS's.

I rented a 4 seat Razor turbo 1000 from Dave (I think that's his name) the weekend before Thanksgiving (trip) and although he has mostly 4 seat CanAm's with suspension and arms, he says I should get the Razor Velocity Turbo S because it doesn't have a bunch of electronic CRAP that you don't need and that will go out/break. Dude is out there 7 months of the year renting out SXSs and I don't know a lot of folks with more experience than him so that goes a long way.

I'm a little behind on the current models.

Anyhow, in the short run, I'm just going to finally break down and buy front and rear paddles. My last trip in Glamis, the belt break (only 1) took 45 minutes cause it got wound up BEHIND the clutch.

I was pretty done with it at that point. I know it's cause I'm running 8 ply heavy dirt tires.. at least after belt 16, 17?.. and a clutch.. I think that's my problem... well one of my problems... LOL

abc

5048C17C-7F45-4386-807C-4A177E1A661B.jpeg

B5BA579B-0687-4D0E-8CF0-6C7D969908FD.jpeg

A1154701-7C6B-4919-8362-53DA6EC99194.jpeg

FD45C9F3-FA8A-470F-913D-CE2F70D5F191.png

2A70F617-ADFD-41D5-A9B6-8EFD67AC8B12.png

42C31304-11CA-424C-AB3C-35B6611D4968.jpeg

DE8F89FD-378C-4F80-896C-4A359B17F028.png

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

17 hours ago, DEV'S RZR said:

I was amazed at how light weighted the swing arms are and the the bulk head needs to be upgraded right away on the can ams .when you bend a arm on the can am you have to take the hole front end apart a 3 plus hour job .. the belts are about the same . the Rzr s is amazing with the electronic suspension . . the Rzr has a lot of technology gps blue tooth phone technology etc . I suggest renting from Dave at Axa 602 672 6933 he has both units on site in Glamis on vendor row 

6DDEEFF2-4B3A-4850-B2D7-2949D107299C.jpeg

B642B627-469F-4D8C-B743-2E84137DE990.MOV

F9FFB7A0-16B5-40E1-9E3B-C280FF1D43A5.jpeg

A782E8A3-2E86-4FD9-B458-07D0A657D932.jpeg

40AD9F4B-2661-4475-BD2A-147375778F63.jpeg

75E92D58-A490-4A2B-A759-6A4B836BFA30.jpeg

If you don't slam the front bulkhead into stuff it will hold up quite well on the X3.   Most people that are crushing the bulkhead are doing so when they stuff the front end hard.   It is not an absolute must if you drive instead of plow into everything.  Most aftermarket bumpers come with a new bulkhead.  

Same with the lower a-arm on the X3 RS (72" wide model).  I ran the stock lowers for about 1200 miles and never bent them.  That includes some hard hits in the dunes and desert.  I bought the $69.00 Extreme Performance Taco Kit for the lower arm, which is a weld in gusset.  I have over 3,000 miles with that gusset which includes trips to Baja, the desert and dunes.  It has held up fine.   If you want to replace the lower arms it can be done for $600 or under.   I just saw the other day CT Race Worx has lowers for under $500.00.  

A lot of what you read about the X3 and many of the SXSs is just internet/social media frenzy pushed by vendors.   You really have to weed through stuff to figure out what truly is needed.   Lots of snake oil sales tactics out there.     

The reality is you can beef up the front end on the Can Am for under $500.00 and never worry about it.   I am into the front end of my X3 for under $200.00.   HMF Gusset kit was $99.00 and the Taco Kit at $69.00 (a friend welded the kit on to the arms for me).  

Swapping out the front A-arms on the Polaris is no cake walk either.   Once you learn how to remove the front plastic piece on the X3 getting access to everything is not bad.   But yes swapping our a lower arm would not be fun in the dunes or trails.

Edited by Sand Shark

Del Amo motorsports has RZR Turbo for $17,309.00

Not bad price 

3 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

I've been thinking about upgrading to a newer 2 seat razor with turbo. .. but I LOVE my suspension and boxed arms on my 14 XP1000, .. just a little low on HP in Glamis. In dirt, she's a beast!..... so maybe I'll have 2 SXS's.

I rented a 4 seat Razor turbo 1000 from Dave (I think that's his name) the weekend before Thanksgiving (trip) and although he has mostly 4 seat CanAm's with suspension and arms, he says I should get the Razor Velocity Turbo S because it doesn't have a bunch of electronic CRAP that you don't need and that will go out/break. Dude is out there 7 months of the year renting out SXSs and I don't know a lot of folks with more experience than him so that goes a long way.

I'm a little behind on the current models.

Anyhow, in the short run, I'm just going to finally break down and buy front and rear paddles. My last trip in Glamis, the belt break (only 1) took 45 minutes cause it got wound up BEHIND the clutch.

I was pretty done with it at that point. I know it's cause I'm running 8 ply heavy dirt tires.. at least after belt 16, 17?.. and a clutch.. I think that's my problem... well one of my problems... LOL

abc

5048C17C-7F45-4386-807C-4A177E1A661B.jpeg

B5BA579B-0687-4D0E-8CF0-6C7D969908FD.jpeg

A1154701-7C6B-4919-8362-53DA6EC99194.jpeg

FD45C9F3-FA8A-470F-913D-CE2F70D5F191.png

2A70F617-ADFD-41D5-A9B6-8EFD67AC8B12.png

42C31304-11CA-424C-AB3C-35B6611D4968.jpeg

DE8F89FD-378C-4F80-896C-4A359B17F028.png

Your suspension and arms will swap over to the 64" wide XPT.  Your cage too.   My friend did that when he sold his XP1000 and went with a XPT. 

3 minutes ago, dbart said:

Not bad price 

Was that OTD or do they try to hit you with all the BS fees?

2 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Was that OTD or do they try to hit you with all the BS fees?

Doubt that is OTD...Just saw on their website.

Says MSRP: $20,999.00, Their price $17,309.00

2 hours ago, dbart said:

Not bad price 

I see one at their San Diego location, 2019 Polaris® RZR XP® Turbo, brand new, for $15,299!  That's not bad for 168HP!!

https://www.delamomotorsports-southbay.com/New-Inventory-2019-Polaris-Utility-Vehicle-RZR-XP-Turbo-Del-Amo-Motorsports-of-South-Bay-6073180?ref=list

Edited by Phoenix7

19 hours ago, 1HasBeen said:

Just had a nice talk with Tom and at some point would like to ship my stuff to him. He includes  internal limit valving for the last 2 inches of travel so you don't need limit straps. Other thing is he is using genuine Eibach springs.

Edited by onanysunday

31 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Just had a nice talk with Tom and at some point would like to ship my stuff to him. He includes  internal limit valving for the last 2 inches of travel so you don't need limit straps. Other thing is he is using genuine Eibach springs.

He also converted the reservoirs to schrader valves for easy nitrogen  checking and charging, so you may mention that. If I recall it was only $25/shock???

1 hour ago, Phoenix7 said:

I see one at their San Diego location, 2019 Polaris® RZR XP® Turbo, brand new, for $15,299!  That's not bad for 168HP!!

https://www.delamomotorsports-southbay.com/New-Inventory-2019-Polaris-Utility-Vehicle-RZR-XP-Turbo-Del-Amo-Motorsports-of-South-Bay-6073180?ref=list

Ummm, not to burst anyone's bubble who got excited about this (like I did), but I called over there and found out some bad news.  You need to go down to the PRICE DISCLOSURE tab and click on it to see the REAL PRICE with accessories added.

Their website is giving me an aneurism 

32 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

Ummm, not to burst anyone's bubble who got excited about this (like I did), but I called over there and found out some bad news.  You need to go down to the PRICE DISCLOSURE tab and click on it to see the REAL PRICE with accessories added.

I don't see $8500 worth of accessories on that? :simrak:

21 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

REAL PRICE

Wow!   So the $15,299.00 Polaris pictured in the ad is really.....................................$27,494.00 plus tax and license.

And..............did you notice? They discount it $5700 up front, and have an "A.D.M" of $3695.00.     Should be labeled   A.D.B.Fing

Now, that's some real Bullchit. No Thank You delamomotorsports.

I'm with ABC. My head hurts.

All of them are good Turbo non Turbo, can Am Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, Kawi your going to find nut swingers and haters all over the place.

Find the one your wallet likes best. 

You could buy a nice 900 xp 4 seater work the suspension and be less than 13k and have a great car. My buddy and his dad has 900 4 seats with shock therapy done and the cruised as nice as a stock 1000 any day. And most sxs need suspension more than power

3 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

You could buy a nice 900 xp 4 seater work the suspension and be less than 13k and have a great car. My buddy and his dad has 900 4 seats with shock therapy done and the cruised as nice as a stock 1000 any day. And most sxs need suspension more than power

It's getting harder and harder to find a clean, low mileage 900.  Lots of 900s with miles have motor problems because of their propensity to eat dust due to the intake design.  And the 900 trans is even more prone to bearing failure.  If you're getting a 900 with 3K+ miles you should bank on a motor or trans in the next 1-2k.  At that point, you could go buy a brand new 1000 for less than our 13k 900 + a trans. 

-TJ

11 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

It's getting harder and harder to find a clean, low mileage 900.  Lots of 900s with miles have motor problems because of their propensity to eat dust due to the intake design.  And the 900 trans is even more prone to bearing failure.  If you're getting a 900 with 3K+ miles you should bank on a motor or trans in the next 1-2k.  At that point, you could go buy a brand new 1000 for less than our 13k 900 + a trans. 

-TJ

Happen to own a 2013 with brand new motor, less than 2k miles with cage, stereo,  etc. Probably going to sell. 

2 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

Happen to own a 2013 with brand new motor, less than 2k miles with cage, stereo,  etc. Probably going to sell. 

Great buy for somebody I'm sure, especially how you care for your stuff.  But it sort of proves my point about rolling the dice on a 900, at this point if they haven't gotten a new motor they probably need it (and we know yours wasn't because of lack of maintenance or care). 

-TJ

Update:

I ended up buying a 2019 xp4 turbo S that has been wrecked.  Anyone have any parts for sale?  I need tires/ wheels, trailing arms, hub, radius arms and maybe a few other things......