NotStock

Stacker Lift Configurations

I took out our new to us Renegade stacker a couple weekends ago and ran into a height issue when trying to haul only 2 side by sides. We had to let the air out of the tires of one and strap the suspension to make them fit.  The trailer is 13'6", has no roof ribs and no roof vents so theres no way to get more height. It has a traditional drive on lift. Does a belly lift work better for sand cars? Any tips, points or pics would be greatly appreciated so I can get this dialed in for New Years. Thanks!

20190517_223740.jpg

Edited by NotStock

Belly lift is the only way to go. Easy to have converted. 

CCDCE7FB-16C8-4269-81EB-AD62BA0E1B30.jpeg

BF18E29B-B9EA-48E3-8E3E-9AAE0F239654.jpeg

Like CEK said, Easy to convert and the only way to get 2 Sand Cars on top of each other. Call Jason at Ultra Haulers trailers in Anaheim California for conversion details. An inexpensive way is tiny little donut wheels to go on your side by sides to drop down the height and still can drive in under their own power.

Not sure if within the budget or maybe they been changed but how about new cages on SXS?

Are most of them convertible? Mine has a Gemini platform lift, and would be wanting a belly lift in the next year or so. 

@Dirtywhiteboy it was nice meeting you last week. I was the rig right across the OHV crossing from you, camped with Travis. 

1 hour ago, sinverguenza said:

Not sure if within the budget or maybe they been changed but how about new cages on SXS?

Would be cheaper to convert the lift. 

35 minutes ago, EMPIRE231 said:

Are most of them convertible? Mine has a Gemini platform lift, and would be wanting a belly lift in the next year or so. 

@Dirtywhiteboy it was nice meeting you last week. I was the rig right across the OHV crossing from you, camped with Travis. 

Yes. It can be converted. 

I just talked to Jason.  He said no problem doing a conversion.  about $2500 give or take.   FYI for all you out there.   New stackers are $$$$$

That price sounds outrageous!!  It's just a matter of moving the the left ramp to the center, removing the right ramp and installing longer cables.  I did it for a friend a few years back.  The cables are only a few hundred bucks.

If your interested I'll try and look up the place I had the longer cables made up.

The issue I have run into with putting sxs's on my belly lift. ( that i converted myself). Its a couple bolts and some longer cables. Most sxs's wont sit flat on the bottom pans on the front unless you ratchet the wheels up. The belly lift platform was a little wide for the sxs's in my case.  I'm  sure there are different sizes out there. 

He said its is only $400 in parts and the rest is labor.  Something I don't want to tackle.  looks more involved that I want

2 hours ago, CaliforniaSand said:

That price sounds outrageous!!  It's just a matter of moving the the left ramp to the center, removing the right ramp and installing longer cables.  I did it for a friend a few years back.  The cables are only a few hundred bucks.

This is 100% correct.. 

I'm installing a Gemini Lift in my stacker as we speak.  They are not all to complicated.   I could do the conversion for you for a heck of a lot less than the price you were quoted.

I always wondered if there was a way to have a stacker that could do both.

(2) supports pushed out to the edge for tire lift...then they slide together in the middle for a chassis lift???

If it's possible...idea fee would be nice, thanks  :lmao:

:dbart: 

17 hours ago, cek said:

Belly lift is the only way to go. Easy to have converted. 

CCDCE7FB-16C8-4269-81EB-AD62BA0E1B30.jpeg

BF18E29B-B9EA-48E3-8E3E-9AAE0F239654.jpeg

For hauling a SxS and a sandcar, do people usually haul the sand car on top and the SxS on the bottom then?

51 minutes ago, NotStock said:

For hauling a SxS and a sandcar, do people usually haul the sand car on top and the SxS on the bottom then?

It can be done both ways, but you will get more space out of the rail being on top... because you get way more suspension droop from most rails.... so the lift can go up higher.

1 hour ago, NotStock said:

Sandcar on top is usually best because the body itself (skidplate to roof) is usually shorter therefor letting the lift raise higher and the suspension is wider letting  a side by side fit between the hanging tires. 

So I looked at how the lift bolts together. When you convert one to a belly lift, are you just moving the one with the cables to the middle and eliminating the other? Or adding additional beams with just the single? 

3 minutes ago, NotStock said:

So I looked at how the lift bolts together. When you convert one to a belly lift, are you just moving the one with the cables to the middle and eliminating the other? Or adding additional beams with just the single? 

Yes just move it to the middle. One set of cables will be too long and the other will be too short. New cables and possibly new hydraulic hose and you are done. 

Seems simple enough. I'll snag some pictures as I go and post them in case it would be of help for anyone else in the future. I appreciate the help and advice CEK!

I did mine myself, wasn't too bad.  I slid both 'trays' to the middle so they have about 4" between them.  Only 2 of my cables needed to be shortened. 

Next on the boards, my 500k moho wont pull my stacker with 2 funcos! 😜😜😁😁 the "problems" we find

She pulls pretty good but the hunt for hp knows no boundaries!

20190703_185554.jpg