Sign in to follow this  
Grease Monkey

The RPlate

Just had a neighbor get one of these. News to me, Guess California said ok. What do you think?

https://www.reviver.com/rplate/rplate.html

CA is ok with this because it’s convenient for them, they save money and make money.  - otherwise this would neva-Eva been looked at.

cool though 

No thanks, they charge too much already. DON~~~

700 bucks PLUS $7 per month / No Thanks!!!! Ill keep the prisioners working at the Licence Plate factory if we have any left that we didn't release :lol:

:poule:

As a business owner it provides the tracking of vehicles that I would be paying for if wanted. The initial cost is lower now but still around 500.00 plus the monthly. Technology is ever evolving and I would expect this to become something we will all be faced with sooner than later.

I was told these transmit the plate number to the police car up to 700 yards away - can anyone confirm this?

I also know the new plates are coming with Barcodes (not visible in our light spectrum) that new police cars can scan from SEVERAL HUNDRED FEET AWAY

Los Angeles and OC are using ALPR SW (not JALPER on the board) and every city owned camera can and does scan every license plate it sees  - the barcode makes this even more effective

CALIFORNIA IS AWESOME!

I sure hope this doesn't become the standard license plate. All of this crap is already too expensive.

As for tracking, it only tracks the plate. The smarter thieves will just remove the plate or destroy it, the dumber ones will get caught. You know they will eventually use it to track everyone's movements at all times and you'll get an automatic ticket for speeding, or using the fastpass lane, etc. If I want my vehicle tracked, I'll do it myself and for a shitload less than $500 plus monthly fees.

What's next? How about monthly vehicle registration, automatically deducted from your checking acct to the tune of $$crazyamount.99 until your acct is overdrawn then they immediately change your plate to "Unregistered" and you can't pull out of your driveway without getting an automatic fine?

Just ask your grandma on a fixed income how she feels about the added expense, much less the insane gov't penchant for misusing current tech.

Does anyone think the DMV won't screw this up? Just wait until you're sprawled across your hood getting cuffed for no other reason than some idiot at the DMV fat fingered something and your e-plate shows "unregistered." They've just barely figured out the whole "real id" mess, and that fiasco isn't over yet.

This whole thing smells of "big brother" like Fontucky smells of politician's promises.

Hard pass.