L.R.S.

What brand rear hub is this?

Anyone know who makes this 934 midboard hub? There are no markings on it. It's on a SU car and has Wilwood 4 piston calipers. My sales guy at Kartek couldn't ID it. 

137820.jpeg

that is a funco rear set up, I think they make them custom

Let's see the car.

15 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

that is a funco rear set up, I think they make them custom

I was told they may be a Funco hub but thought that was odd to be on an SU car.

Maybe a special build that my client used to own.  He asked for midboards during the build and SU didn't want to do it. He demanded and well........

26 minutes ago, Grease Monkey said:

Maybe a special build that my client used to own.  He asked for midboards during the build and SU didn't want to do it. He demanded and well........

Only pic I have of the car.

134426.jpeg

how did he get it out of the dunes, snow cat?

22 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

how did he get it out of the dunes, snow cat?

Yeah, Snow Cat and $900.  He was two dunes in from Osbourne Lookout.  Not sure exactly where he had it towed but for that price it was well worth it.

What was the failure??

55 minutes ago, CONCEPT Thomas said:

What was the failure??

Not exactly sure yet, but I have my suspicions.  I went to look at the car today just to asses the damage.  Obviously it needs a complete hub with bearings and a seal, rotor and possibly a caliper, and a CV.  Hopefully the axle splines aren't bad.  No sense in me putting the car in my shop until I have the parts to repair it, which is why I started the thread.  I'll text @GRANT@FUNCO tomorrow and see if it is his hub, and if I can buy just one.

There was one machine shop back in the day in Ontario that made all the hubs for Funco and SU. My buddy Jared was the main machinists there I believe the owners name was Alex.

Following this as I believe I have those hubs on my 2006 funco.

The hubs shown were made by the same Vendor that made ours back in the day  (early to mid 2000s) HE is no longer producing them but we did buy all the leftover inventory. In fact I just ordered 20 of each rotor 930 and 934 size  

These look like the early generation he was making for SU.  When he first came to us with the design we had some upgrades/features added. Have to see some pictures to know for sure

With respect to the failure , most likely the  bolts backed out or broke,

As a side not we are starting to see a good number of Gen 4 hubs give up this year. I guess its time for guys to service their hubs, Bearings and replace bolts

Grant

Thanks Grant.   I believe I do have those hubs on my 06 gen 4.   I rebuilt mine in 2015.   

When we tore them down they looked good just thought it was time for attention.

I sourced the parts from Amazon and Ebay.   Here is my list of parts I needed:

Bearings Timken L225849 Tapered Roller Bearing, Single Cone, Standard Tolerance, Straight Bore, Steel, Inch, 5.0000" ID, 1.0310" Width

Race for 225849

Timken L225810 Tapered Roller Bearing, Single Cup, Standard Tolerance, Straight Outside Diameter, Steel, Inch, 6.6875" Outside Diameter, 0.8125" Width

Forsheda Seal V170L

National 417556 Seal

They came apart and went back together in a pretty straight forward logical manner.

Good Luck.

1 hour ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

As a side not we are starting to see a good number of Gen 4 hubs give up this year. I guess its time for guys to service their hubs, Bearings and replace bolts

Grant

Are you saying I might have to do some maintenance?  Crazy...………….

4 hours ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

Grant

Funny...I service my hub bearings every season.  I'm sure it's overkill but then again, I've never had a hub failure. ;)

https://www.rbpmfg.net
https://www.rbpmfg.net/

I think these guys made some stuff for SU

On 12/10/2019 at 12:55 PM, T Frog said:

https://www.rbpmfg.net
https://www.rbpmfg.net/

I think these guys made some stuff for SU

RBP does not make a mid board hub.  They do the micro stub style.  This is a completely different set up.