In Excess

2020 f350

Mortgage payment on a truck....LOL

Mine came in a week and a half ago, love it.

D484BE86-9F1B-4410-998B-1CB7F5033684.jpeg

5 minutes ago, GoneBoating said:

Mine came in a week and a half ago, love it.

D484BE86-9F1B-4410-998B-1CB7F5033684.jpeg

Race Red Lariat.....

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the registration on the F450?  I heard the registrations fees on the F450 are substantially higher compared to the F350. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 6:16 PM, AlpineFunco said:

Just ordered one today. Salesman said I have a few days to add/delete if I want. Anything you guys wish you'd done differently? Any must haves or things to stay away from? I passed on the sunroof and the 6 camera system.

Upgrading from a '99 7.3 dually.

Get 4.10 gears, if you are getting a dually.

Ford spray in bed liner.

Adaptive cruise

Those are the things I wish I would have gotten when I ordered my 2019.

Went in on Tuesday and added the cameras, LED's, floor mats, and safe. I guess orders are submitted on Thursday's so no more changes unless I want to go to the back of the line. Gotta fix the ole 7.3 to get by until the new one arrives...

6 minutes ago, lincster said:

Get 4.10 gears, if you are getting a dually.

Ford spray in bed liner.

Adaptive cruise

Those are the things I wish I would have gotten when I ordered my 2019.

Got the spray in bed liner. Went with 3.55 and no adaptive cruise. SRW shortbed. 

Edited by AlpineFunco

Just now, AlpineFunco said:

Got the spray in bed liner. Went with 3.55 and no adaptive cruise. SRW shorted. 

10-4.  You will love it.

These new trucks are amazing!!!!!

Just Sold this:

And Purchased this: 

Loved the 07 M2 but Cali made it hard to keep something like that on the road.

We test drove a 450 and a new M2 106 Sportchassis and we both agreed that the 450 was the way to go.

Edited by dudeonit

1 hour ago, AlpineFunco said:

Got the spray in bed liner. Went with 3.55 and no adaptive cruise. SRW shortbed. 

Did the dually and 3.55. No issues towing and loaded. Like said, drives like a luxury car and tows the house. Someone pointed out last trip, with 11' Lance and enclosed trailer, still not contacting overloads.

The adaptive cruise is one of my favorite features especially when in traffic.  Highly highly recommend it.  

Pulled the powerstroke and 6.7 plastic emblems off.... looks much better imo.

20200128_170022.jpg

Those that are upgrading from a 6 speed to the 10, how did you like it?

Had my 450 limited for about a month ...had  to get it in Kentucky...absolutely love it 

Is there a huge difference in power, or response between the 17-19 and the 20 with the 10 speed and extra hp numbers.  My brother in law got a 19 lariat w a few extras for58k and fees which seemed like a good deal

If I'm shopping an F series truck, I'd aim for a used '16 or older 6.7.  With the body redesign the cooling stack got jammed up a bunch. 

The company I work for uses the F550 as a base for some of our builds.  We take nearly 100% of the engine power off with PTOs (330HP chassis cab...) while the truck is basically stationary. The '16 truck could handle it.  The 17+ truck we had to add additional cooling....YRMV..

Edited by Kraut_n_Rice

7 hours ago, Banshee Matt said:

Is there a huge difference in power, or response between the 17-19 and the 20 with the 10 speed and extra hp numbers.  My brother in law got a 19 lariat w a few extras for58k and fees which seemed like a good deal

Most people that own a 19 will say there is not a big difference. “Most” of those people that have a 19 have not tested a 20. I have driven more than a few 19’s so I ordered a 20.  I feel there’s a fair amount a difference in the get up and go department. 

Edited by RK Racing

4 hours ago, RK Racing said:

Most people that only 19 will say there is not a big difference. Most people that have a 19 have not tested a 20. My friends have a 19 that I have driven and I ordered a 20 and I feel there’s a fair amount a difference in get up and go department. 

was someone pulling or pushing u ? :bigrin

We bought our '19 early in the year so they were still new on the lot, there wasn't huge discounts to be had. We looked at Lariat but decided on an XLT, I personally didn't want all of the driver assistance stuff for reasons beyond the scope of this thread. The only big difference between the two, for me-I know there are a lot of differences, was leather. I can have Katzkin installed for $1350 which is really high quality, I haven't done so yet but it's on the to-do list. I'm not into the blacked out look so I was happy our truck came with the factory chrome package. The 10 speed in the '20 would be nice to have but not going to be visiting the Ford dealer anytime soon. The little bit of extra torque the '20s make is negligible IMO, it only makes a difference if you are running it at wide open throttle and I don't drive like that so not a concern. There have been some internal improvements to the 6.7 also,  the 2020 has steel pistons!

I tell you what the other day we had an older F250 in our shop, it was an '08 or something like that, anyways that engine was as noisy as I've ever heard. These new diesels are so quiet it's unbelievable. The engine blocks are not cast iron but rather compressed graphite iron. The technology, although not new,  is pretty cool. 

All of the naysayers need to go drive a new one they are amazing trucks. I was reluctant for years about buying a new truck I didn't want the payment but now that I got one I am so happy I did it. I love my Ruby Red.

New truck is on a train headed this way. The wait is brutal.

59 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

New truck is on a train headed this way. The wait is brutal.

But 110% worth it!