Jump to content
matt86m

Pellet Grill

Recommended Posts

Found

rectecmini1.thumb.jpg.0cd03dd7f867a48b7e5aa03edc2a73c0.jpg

Looking for a small pellet grill, Traeger - 20-22'', GMG - Davey Crocket, Pit Boss, etc

Looking for a small one to put on my bbq cart.

Maybe you upgraded, went larger and have a small one sitting there not being used.

Edited by matt86m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

saw one on craigs list not too long ago

green mountain davey crocket I think

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a Davey Crocket for Christmas. Not selling, but I can tell you it's a great smoker. I read a ton of reviews before making a decision, and I'm happy with my choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

saw one on craigs list not too long ago

green mountain davey crocket I think

 

 

Thank you! Saw one in Arcadia, haven't seen pics yet and one in my area but it looks a little beat. One close to me, hasn't cooked on it yet but wants retail for it. 

2 hours ago, The looney duner said:

I just got a Davey Crocket for Christmas. Not selling, but I can tell you it's a great smoker. I read a ton of reviews before making a decision, and I'm happy with my choice. 

Good to know, I think it will fit on the cart the best and has a bigger cooking surface than the tailgate Traeger model 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, bigger and better than the Traeger IMHO....I cook tri tip and chicken on it....run it off the 12v plug on my motorhome...works perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought this one for the RV, great little smoker

Screenshot_20191224-154807_Samsung Internet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a returned GMG Davy Crocket from Amazon Warehouse for a big discount and when I got it, it had a few problems. Power supply was bad, heat shield was warped, a couple of small parts missing. I called GMG and the CSR was right on top of it, diagnosed it properly and mailed out the parts that afternoon. After getting everything running, I found it was way off on temp. control. I called back and they were on top of that, too. It turns out the burner box lid has to be all the way to the left. Once that was fixed, I tested the temp. probes from 100* all the way up to max. and they were within 5-10* all the way up.

Can't say enough good things about the convenience of the unit or the amazing tech support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll keep an eye out for you Matt. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sandthing56 said:

Bought this one for the RV, great little smoker

Screenshot_20191224-154807_Samsung Internet.jpg

That $276 is a good price! Found another with a cover for $299. That's about what they are going for used on CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got ours on Amazon as well, paid $276 was the best price I could find. Used it again last night, this thing is pretty awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw you picked one up on IG. Sweet.

Andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

Saw you picked one up on IG. Sweet.

Andrew

Picked up a Rec Tec mini! 

rectecmini1.thumb.jpg.132f4b683599796f47625a05b91c0a9c.jpg

Edited by matt86m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt86m said:

Picked up a Rec Tec mini! 

Sweet. Can’t wait to see the cart set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save another $50 if you get their credit card 🤣 

D0378A56-5425-43F3-AE3C-2EBBC0A0E96F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you have a Traeger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Air450 said:

Don't you have a Traeger?

He was looking for a "mini". …..cuz what guy doesn't need 9 different ways to grill. How many different grills is that now @matt86m?

FWIW my co-worker has a Rec Tec and it's been a great grill for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is building a bbq/ smoker cart to keep in glamis, cant wait to camp with him!!! Nom Nom Nom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Air450 said:

Don't you have a Traeger?

Yes but that will stay at home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, spize909 said:

He was looking for a "mini". …..cuz what guy doesn't need 9 different ways to grill. How many different grills is that now @matt86m?

FWIW my co-worker has a Rec Tec and it's been a great grill for him.

2 Big Green Eggs

Traeger Silverton

Lodge cast iron hibachi

2 Weber q200's (one for home until the outdoor bbq area is built & 1 for the trailer that is going on the bbq cart)

Rec Tec mini that is going on the bbq cart

Blackstone griddle (not a grill) 

Uuni pizza oven - wife counts that as a grill - I dont. 

See, I don't have 9! @spize909

Edited by matt86m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stugots said:

He is building a bbq/ smoker cart to keep in glamis, cant wait to camp with him!!! Nom Nom Nom

Cart will have a Weber Q200 and the Rec Tec mounted. A side shelf will be able to hold the pizza oven, the blackstone griddle or the mini egg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Cart will have a Weber Q200 and the Rec Tec mounted. A side shelf will be able to hold the pizza oven, the blackstone griddle or the mini egg!

Wow that sounds more like a trailer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

Wow that sounds more like a trailer. 

Would probably be easier on my back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid choice...I have RecTec Stampede myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, matt86m said:

2 Big Green Eggs

Traeger Silverton

Lodge cast iron hibachi

2 Weber q200's (one for home until the outdoor bbq area is built & 1 for the trailer that is going on the bbq cart)

Rec Tec mini that is going on the bbq cart

Blackstone griddle (not a grill) 

Uuni pizza oven - wife counts that as a grill - I dont. 

See, I don't have 9! @spize909

I was pretty close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, matt86m said:

2 Big Green Eggs

Traeger Silverton

Lodge cast iron hibachi

2 Weber q200's (one for home until the outdoor bbq area is built & 1 for the trailer that is going on the bbq cart)

Rec Tec mini that is going on the bbq cart

Blackstone griddle (not a grill) 

Uuni pizza oven - wife counts that as a grill - I dont. 

See, I don't have 9! @spize909

WINNING !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...