cwarkenton

Anyone Want to Rent Their Pusher for a Month in June/July?

Mine is a 38' Windsor and I know that coach from the front to back.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.  The diesel return line that comes off the high pressure pump, split on me from old age.  If you do decide to keep it I would look into getting all your fuel lines replaced.  They were not made for the low sulfur diesel.  When I went to replace them all I found them all weeping at various locations.

Where did you find this at? Was it online?

10 hours ago, cwarkenton said:

Thanks! We have a Fuzion and still love the 5ver for glamis but may put it up for sale depending how it goes this weekend. The layout isn't really too bad on the motor varieties. It definitely doesn't have all the bells and whistles but honestly all the bells and whistles on the new stuff scare me when thinking long term! 

What my wife and I did, had 2 rv's. After some time we found one was parked as we chose the same every time . Made decision on which to keep and which to sell easy for us. Also with no regrets.

You definitely scored!  I am positive you will love the coach.  I had a DP previously, and went back to a 5er for a few years.  The entire time, I missed the DP.  In November, we got another DP, and have been loving it!!   It is noisy sometimes, going down rough roads, because you hear everything rattle (like silverware in the drawers, etc) but the comfort and ability for the family to move around, pee, get food/drinks while traveling is SOOOO worth it!!  The ability to load up the night before, and not have to unload to sleep when you arrive late is an awesome feeling.  I roll up, and level, get the slides out and go to bed without ever needing to even go outside.  

Congratulations!!!

Dude, nice Score on that DP MH......

1 hour ago, 2DASAND said:

You definitely scored!  I am positive you will love the coach.  I had a DP previously, and went back to a 5er for a few years.  The entire time, I missed the DP.  In November, we got another DP, and have been loving it!!   It is noisy sometimes, going down rough roads, because you hear everything rattle (like silverware in the drawers, etc) but the comfort and ability for the family to move around, pee, get food/drinks while traveling is SOOOO worth it!!  The ability to load up the night before, and not have to unload to sleep when you arrive late is an awesome feeling.  I roll up, and level, get the slides out and go to bed without ever needing to even go outside.  

Congratulations!!!

@2DASANDYour sooo anti-social Derek...  :rotf::lmao:

@cwarkenton  Congrats on the new DP!!  Very nice!! My brother has had his diplomat for almost 15yrs and still LOVES it!! 

Edited by Lil'Moni77

12 hours ago, cwarkenton said:

I just did some mapping today and driving 8 hours a day, we'd be to glacier in 3 days compared to 6 days with the 5ver. We are so stoked!! 

That is exactly why we got it! 😎

Thank you so much! 

There are a couple of things that I just learned about that might help you map out a long trip.

1. There's a Website and an app called rvtripwizard.com. You can map out your whole trip and look up campsites. RV parks, rest areas, etc along the way. It has millions of reviews on tens of thousands of RV parks or campgrounds. Just decide how far you want to go each day and it will show you what's available in the area, phone #s, features, amenities, etc.

2. Harvest Hosts. It's about $100/yr to join, but it's a network of farms, ranches, wineries, breweries, etc that will let you camp on their property for free for a night or two. You can see what the property looks like in advance and contact them to let them know you're coming. No hookups, but it's free.

3. Rand McNally Overdryve 7 RV GPS.  7" GPS that you input your rig's height, length and weight and it will guide you there and prevent you from hitting low bridges, weak bridges, residential areas, etc. It's also full of all of the RV parks, etc with reviews, phone numbers, etc.

Don't forget to sign up for TSD logistics RV fuel card, it will save you 30 cents to $1 per gal depending on location, station, etc.  https://www.tsdlogistics.com/fuel-card-application-rv/  It also has an app that shows you where all of the truck stops are. Don't forget who referred you - Steve Frakes.  ;) 

11 hours ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Where did you find this at? Was it online?

I was searching rv rental companies and I saw one of those paid google ads on the page that change based on search results and it was an rvtrader ad featuring the one I bought. Pretty crazy! 

9 hours ago, socaldmax said:

There are a couple of things that I just learned about that might help you map out a long trip.

1. There's a Website and an app called rvtripwizard.com. You can map out your whole trip and look up campsites. RV parks, rest areas, etc along the way. It has millions of reviews on tens of thousands of RV parks or campgrounds. Just decide how far you want to go each day and it will show you what's available in the area, phone #s, features, amenities, etc.

2. Harvest Hosts. It's about $100/yr to join, but it's a network of farms, ranches, wineries, breweries, etc that will let you camp on their property for free for a night or two. You can see what the property looks like in advance and contact them to let them know you're coming. No hookups, but it's free.

3. Rand McNally Overdryve 7 RV GPS.  7" GPS that you input your rig's height, length and weight and it will guide you there and prevent you from hitting low bridges, weak bridges, residential areas, etc. It's also full of all of the RV parks, etc with reviews, phone numbers, etc.

Don't forget to sign up for TSD logistics RV fuel card, it will save you 30 cents to $1 per gal depending on location, station, etc.  https://www.tsdlogistics.com/fuel-card-application-rv/  It also has an app that shows you where all of the truck stops are. Don't forget who referred you - Steve Frakes.  ;) 

Holy crap. That's a gold mine of info. Thank you sir! When I get signed up, I will definitely drop the name.