Has anybody bought a 4 seat Talon yet and have any feedback?    I might be in the market for a 4 seat SXS and I am intrigued by the Honda.   It will be 90% desert so I have been telling myself I don't really need a turbo but may be hard to go Honda for same price as a turbo RZR or Can-am.   I have also been able to find any pics of a 4 seater with a aftermarket cage does anybody know if anybody has done one yet?

Thanks

I have a 4 seat,  and love it so far.. We do primarily mountains and desert, so I really don't need the turbo like you probably would if you do sand a lot. Going from 3 RZR's prior, to the DCT, & there is no way I'd ever go back.. I am currently working with a company designing a cage for it.. I am also working on a wider rear arm setup for it to widen it to R width. 

Edited by SCHMIDTY

Brick City Fab has a pretty nice cage for the two seat Talon. You might give them a call on the four seater.

I am waiting to see how Talons hold up at the dunes with the Jackson Racing turbo once they are released.

I like the Hondas too.  I wish they made the R model with 4 seats. 

2 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I have a 4 seat,  and love it so far.. We do primarily mountains and desert, so I really don't need the turbo like you probably would if you do sand a lot. Going from 3 RZR's prior, to the DSC, there is no way I'd ever go back.. I am currently working with a company designing a cage for it.. I am also working on a wider rear arm setup for it to widen it to R width. 

That is good to know that you are happy with it I just wish I could find a 4 seat cage picture.    I took the family to sit in the RZR, Can-am and Honda Saturday to see what fit us best as a family.    My 14 year old daughter is fairly tall and for her to fit in the back of the rzr my wife had to have seat all the way up.   Luckily my wife is fairly short and it does not really bother her, but in the can-am and Honda my daughter fit much better.  I have not owned any other sxs except the Rhino back in the late 2000's. so I have to imagine I would be happy with power not knowing anything else.    All and all the family like the Can-Am but its too much $.   The dealer showed me the stripped down Can-Am without a locker and the 172HP vs the new 195HP models which is priced similar to RZR and Honda.

3 hours ago, Desert Guy76 said:

Has anybody bought a 4 seat Talon yet and have any feedback?    I might be in the market for a 4 seat SXS and I am intrigued by the Honda.   It will be 90% desert so I have been telling myself I don't really need a turbo but may be hard to go Honda for same price as a turbo RZR or Can-am.   I have also been able to find any pics of a 4 seater with a aftermarket cage does anybody know if anybody has done one yet?

Thanks

Raceco-usa is the only one I've seen so far.

https://www.instagram.com/racecousainc/?hl=en

Edited by hondajimz

1 hour ago, Desert Guy76 said:

That is good to know that you are happy with it I just wish I could find a 4 seat cage picture.    I took the family to sit in the RZR, Can-am and Honda Saturday to see what fit us best as a family.    My 14 year old daughter is fairly tall and for her to fit in the back of the rzr my wife had to have seat all the way up.   Luckily my wife is fairly short and it does not really bother her, but in the can-am and Honda my daughter fit much better.  I have not owned any other sxs except the Rhino back in the late 2000's. so I have to imagine I would be happy with power not knowing anything else.    All and all the family like the Can-Am but its too much $.   The dealer showed me the stripped down Can-Am without a locker and the 172HP vs the new 195HP models which is priced similar to RZR and Honda.

Put your wife in the back.

I'd bet that dirt to sand ratio would be closer to 98% of the time.

24 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

Raceco-usa is the only one I've seen so far.

https://www.instagram.com/racecousainc/?hl=en

Thanks for sending that it helps.  I was wondering how they would finish out with the stadium seating.  Are you happy with yours?

12 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Put your wife in the back.

I'd bet that dirt to sand ratio would be closer to 98% of the time.

LOL... She probably would if it meant saving money.  But yes probably only one trip to Glamis a year.  

1 hour ago, Desert Guy76 said:

I guess it really depends on your use and application. They each have their plus's and minuses.  Honda is going to be  down in power comparatively @110 HP or something like that.. However I feel the PWR "delivery"  is torquier with the Honda, which if you watch any videos. Many show it jumping out to early leads, and then being reeled in when the higher HP of other rigs overpower it.. I love the trans, and love the ability to drive it literally 2 different ways.. In "auto" mode, where it shifts for you, or you can get aggressive with it, and paddle shift it at your own discretion. I also like that even in "auto" mode, you can paddle shift a gear up or down ; temporarily overiding the "auto" mode, and it will automatically revert back into "auto" mode. 

15 minutes ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I guess it really depends on your use and application. They each have their plus's and minuses.  Honda is going to be  down in power comparatively @110 HP or something like that.. However I feel the PWR "delivery"  is torquier with the Honda, which if you watch any videos. Many show it jumping out to early leads, and then being reeled in when the higher HP of other rigs overpower it.. I love the trans, and love the ability to drive it literally 2 different ways.. In "auto" mode, where it shifts for you, or you can get aggressive with it, and paddle shift it at your own discretion. I also like that even in "auto" mode, you can paddle shift a gear up or down ; temporarily overiding the "auto" mode, and it will automatically revert back into "auto" mode. 

That is great feedback.. Thank You

I love the transmission and hate the seating position. My legs are too long and don't fit as comfortable in it as I did a Can Am. It's a fun machine in the hard pack but it needs the turbo for the sand. 

What is the price difference between the Can AM and Honda?

17 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

I love the transmission and hate the seating position. My legs are too long and don't fit as comfortable in it as I did a Can Am. It's a fun machine in the hard pack but it needs the turbo for the sand. 

Being short legged, I could see when I drove my buddy's R that tall/long legged people would not be happy. On the flip side, I like the forward visibility way better than my X3. I also agree on the HP. Can't judge much on the chassis until it has some turbo HP to deal with. The tin-foil construction of the X3 was a real bummer.  I don't know how the Live Valve works, but the springs and valving on my buddy's R was terrible out of the box. much better after re-worked, but still not "there".  Honda still has some(OK a lot)catching up to do.

Edited by 1HasBeen

Make sure the rzr seats are all the way back in the back seat...ours were set more to the front...once I moved them back...WAY more leg room...don't know why the factory does stuff like that....all the ones at the show were the same....almost didn't buy one because of it.

2 hours ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

What is the price difference between the Can AM and Honda?

The msrp of  stripped down Maverick X3 max rs turbo R is 25,199.  The MSRP of the Honda with live shocks is 23999.  Also considering the rzr 4 turbo S velocity at 24699.

2 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

Make sure the rzr seats are all the way back in the back seat...ours were set more to the front...once I moved them back...WAY more leg room...don't know why the factory does stuff like that....all the ones at the show were the same....almost didn't buy one because of it.

I will have to check that next time. Thanks 

look up Raceco USA

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

!The razor 4 S with the dynamic system is awesome it’s amazing if you can swing the cash that’s the Way to go in my humble opinion

3A8D7262-D23F-410C-9F1A-88B5936757C4.jpeg

C4A3581C-294B-4136-9515-7A4D9CB591EB.jpeg

3255EA17-A2A6-4C80-940A-7D0BE37EB9B5.jpeg

18 hours ago, Desert Guy76 said:

I will have to check that next time. Thanks 

Wow me too I’ll check them this weekend. Anybody going out for Martin Luther King/cleanup weekend

Honda Talon will be a great cruising rig.   It is a bummer they do not offer it in the "R".  The current model does not have the suspension numbers of the XP or Can Am.   

The best deal in a 4 seater is the Velocity edition Turbo S. 

If you are in no rush to get anything might as well wait to see if Kawi releases a 4 seat KRX. 

Edited by Sand Shark

6 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Honda Talon will be a great cruising rig.   It is a bummer they do not offer it in the "R".  The current model it is offer does not have the suspension numbers numbers of the XP or Can Am.   

The best deal in a 4 seater is the Velocity edition Turbo S. 

If you are in no rush to get anything might as well wait to see if Kawi releases a 4 seat KRX. 

I will be shocked if Honda doesn't come out with an R 4 seat.. 

2 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I will be shocked if Honda doesn't come out with an R 4 seat.. 

Me too!  

On 1/13/2020 at 4:31 PM, 1HasBeen said:

Being short legged, I could see when I drove my buddy's R that tall/long legged people would not be happy. On the flip side, I like the forward visibility way better than my X3. I also agree on the HP. Can't judge much on the chassis until it has some turbo HP to deal with. The tin-foil construction of the X3 was a real bummer.  I don't know how the Live Valve works, but the springs and valving on my buddy's R was terrible out of the box. much better after re-worked, but still not "there".  Honda still has some(OK a lot)catching up to do.

Since you are an X3 owner, the statement that I underlined really means a lot to me.  This is EXACTLY why I'm holding back swapping my 2017 XC 1000r for an X3, even though I have the money to do it.   I'm enjoying my OG Maverick more and more with each passing month, and since being new to all this in October 2018, I'm getting more and more grounded about the reality of all SxS options as I ride more and read more.  So my signature STILL says I'm looking for next-gen/next-level.  Whether I'm right or wrong in my thinking, I seriously like my OG Maverick and it cheers me up just to see it in the garage each day!

One thing that has been noted that the frond ends on the Can Am x3 are very weak and need to be upgraded . Any front end repairs are a major job . The hole front end has to be taken apart to do any replacement repairs . This is what I have seen first hand at Joe fabs shop in Glami

Edited by DEV'S RZR