jaysbay777

Accident in Glamis

I was in Glamis this weekend and I understand a Buggy & motorcycle collided on the trail, On the way to the Hill . Sure hope everyone was ok 

I did see the helicopter land. Wondered what it was. 

Yikes...not good!

Hope all involved are ok.

Don't understand why people still take the highway... :dunno:  Dune it people!! :igar:   Only time I take the highway is if I'm alone heading up to watch the sunrise at 7am...  there isn't another soul insight for miles and miles!! 

Some folks are also directionally challenged or just don’t ‘know’ Glamis... but I agree, dune it. 

Friggin HATE whoops, even when I had the SCU which could gobble them up. Gets boring real quick.

abc

Hope they’re all ok.

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

there was a couple accidents this last weekend one motorcycle face planted on Sand-highway going way too fast . please people be careful 

10 hours ago, Lil'Moni77 said:

Don't understand why people still take the highway... :dunno:  Dune it people!! :igar:   Only time I take the highway is if I'm alone heading up to watch the sunrise at 7am...  there isn't another soul insight for miles and miles!! 

Then how would the Pad 3 people get to Olds?  Or get from Olds back to Pad 3?

Wrong I can't even remember the last time i was on sand highway..

Well ,I found out that the guy on the motorcycle was hit or hit a big yellow sand rail, I don't have any details yet but the guy on the motorcycle is in a Palm spring hospital with a spinal injury, and it does not look good  . 

6 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

Then how would the Pad 3 people get to Olds?  Or get from Olds back to Pad 3?

Lol. This is the best post of the year so far!!!

55 minutes ago, jaysbay777 said:

Well ,I found out that the guy on the motorcycle was hit or hit a big yellow sand rail, I don't have any details yet but the guy on the motorcycle is in a Palm spring hospital with a spinal injury, and it does not look good  . 

Hope that guy ends up ok and healed.

The bike guy has a go fund me going on... they are seeking $500K!!  :shocker:

2 hours ago, Lil'Moni77 said:

The bike guy has a go fund me going on... they are seeking $500K!!  :shocker:

I would say serious condition. 

As for where and why people use sand hwy, Glamis has something for everybody and every skill level. Still no matter where, stuff still can go wrong. Pray for riders recovery.

I spoke to Trevor's father today, and he is not doing well. Major spinal injury and is paralyzed from his midsection on down. Please keep the prayers coming .

Going from washes to olds can be more dangerous than sand highway same for the bushes near gecko especially in the afternoon when people are headed to the high speed parade.Need to keep heads on a swivel and look for SxS approaching wide open and tunnel visioned.Not hard for 2 to come at a 45 angle and not see each other til they collide.

Point is need to be more alert look out for others and take it like they dont see you.I know its not an every weekend deals where wrecks like this happen hope rider can make a recovery.

Prayers to all for a fast recovery!!! 

Hate hearing this stuff. That road can be very dangerous/ lots of blind spots with extreme limited vision :poule:

Damn...☹️

This is a bummer. Just another reminder no matter where you already at, keep aware of all that is around you at all times , no matter where you are.

very sad prayers for a speedy recovery 

Horrible news, I pray that the doctors at Palm Springs Desert Medical work their magic and get this guy up and walking. 

They worked a miracle for me, hope they can do the same for this guy

2 minutes ago, Coobie said:

Horrible news, I pray that the doctors at Palm Springs Desert Medical work their magic and get this guy up and walking. 

They worked a miracle for me, hope they can do the same for this guy

Well that is promising , I understand they are equipped for these types of injuries . They attempted a surgery yesterday and the poor kid (27yrs of age) had a heart attack  and they almost lost him. Please keep the prayers coming. And if anyone has any information or seen this accident please message me . I am just trying to help his wife and son.

Prayers sent.

23 hours ago, 77charger said:

...look for SxS approaching wide open and tunnel visioned...

Why do you feel the need to make this post about you and your biases? 

Best thoughts for the hurt duner, doesn't sound good.  I'll look for the GoFundMe.

-TJ

Good luck to the injured duner.  These types of collisions can happen anywhere, dunes or desert, and with any type of vehicle.  There are no road signs or traffic signals.

On 1/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, tjZ06 said:

Why do you feel the need to make this post about you and your biases? 

Best thoughts for the hurt duner, doesn't sound good.  I'll look for the GoFundMe.

-TJ

Thank you.