Grease Monkey

Need to renew my DL. Brawley DMV it is.

Mine expires this month and I am opting for the real ID as well. Havent been able to get an appointment locally and still cant thru March. Decided to check Brawley and walla. Im in within a few days.  Think this may be my new DMV if im in the area anyways.

Anyone else use this DMV?

I used them once to do the reg on a buggy, waited 15min they did the vin verification (in the rain) and I was out in 30min. The biggest perk was they didn’t charge me the sales tax on $35k. When I was in AZ picking up the car I went to MVD and paid something silly like $7 to title it in my name so I think CA assumed I already owned it. Finally a dmv mistake in my favor. 

Be sure to bring all your req'd documents for the real id . If you dont have it all they will issue you a regular renewAl still for another year i guess . 

Just renewed my cdl and didn't have all the stuff for the real id 

Newhall DMV used to be the spot. In and out with no appointment in 30 mins. That ended a few years ago and now it's as bad as the Glendale DMV.

Poway dmv is little to no wait i recently found out when i purchased a trx90 before xmas there

1 hour ago, davyjones said:

Be sure to bring all your req'd documents for the real id . If you dont have it all they will issue you a regular renewAl still for another year i guess . 

Just renewed my cdl and didn't have all the stuff for the real id 

I had the same thing happened to me last April and the screwed part is the wife two weeks after that went and got one....

12 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Mine expires this month and I am opting for the real ID as well. Havent been able to get an appointment locally and still cant thru March. Decided to check Brawley and walla. Im in within a few days.  Think this may be my new DMV if im in the area anyways.

Wherever you go, take a cane.

That moves you to the short line.

I went into the Brawley DMV on my way out to Glamis for Veterans.

My lic was up for renewal and I needed to change my address.

I had made a appointment but did not pre-register for the real ID.

I got the real ID, address changed, picture taken and paid my MH tags. 

I walked in and out in less then 15 minutes.

Another option is Passport Card.  Easier to deal with/get ($60+photo/processing fees at the post office and just needs the standard birth certificate/SS card/whatever) and is Real ID compliant as well:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/card.html

Edited by Rockwood

12 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Poway dmv is little to no wait i recently found out when i purchased a trx90 before xmas there

That's what we plan to use now that we're in Julian.

Last couple time I did El Cajon, it wasn't super bad.  Especially if you get there JUST after they open.  The 60 yard line has already filtered in.

Did my CDL and Real ID in November at Pomona DMV. Got there 10 mins before they opened with No Appointment and was In/Out in less then 30 mins.

Have Renewal CDL forms ready, paperwork can be done online before you go, saves you 10-15 mins doing it at the Testing Computers. For Real ID, just bring exactly what they list as approved documents, its not hard.

Once you have the Real ID, you'll be able to renew both online moving forward.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/dlrbi/REALID_dl

4 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Did my CDL and Real ID in November at Pomona DMV. Got there 10 mins before they opened with No Appointment and was In/Out in less then 30 mins.

Have Renewal CDL forms ready, paperwork can be done online before you go, saves you 10-15 mins doing it at the Testing Computers. For Real ID, just bring exactly what they list as approved documents, its not hard.

Once you have the Real ID, you'll be able to renew both online moving forward.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/dlrbi/REALID_dl

Tried the online CDL only but still required an office visit. I've renewed without an eye exam last two times. Figure that's what I'll have to do this time.

Don't worry about your eyesight.

Plenty of blind folks driving around out there.

Just made my appointment.

palm desert and palm springs DMV are not normally too bad. last time I went no appointment for registration on my truck was out with in an hour. was talking to a few people and they came from Temecula to go to the palm desert location. 

like 5 years ago when palm desert opened it was amazing no one was ever there I chilled and had a convo with the worker and finally got a bunch of questions answered I was never really able to before because of the long lines

1 hour ago, dbart said:

Just made my appointment.

Walk in with a cane, you go in the appointment line. (Without an appointment)

And there is a line, even for appointments.

14 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

Walk in with a cane, you go in the appointment line. (Without an appointment)

And there is a line, even for appointments.

There is no way I could do that...My conscience wouldn't let me! :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, dbart said:

There is no way I could do that...My conscience wouldn't let me! :biggrin:

normally I would agree with you but there are no moral rules at the DMV office. every man for them self in there

That's where I got my last license... I was pretty impressed with them too!! 

Bring more documents than you think you need for the Real ID.  I had more than enough and they still screwed it up and required me to mail in more.

7 minutes ago, Mac said:

Bring more documents than you think you need for the Real ID.  I had more than enough and they still screwed it up and required me to mail in more.

how sweet ur on bottom :lol: 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, Grease Monkey said:

I had to do a bunch of vehicle reg. stuff so I went there on the way to G. It's advertised as a 0 min. wait time on the DMV website, but it's more like 15 - 60 min. depending on what you're doing. I did have to fill out a lot of forms due to the number of different transactions I was doing, but I honestly spent more time waiting in line while the instructions were repeated ad nauseum in Spanish to people in front of me.

It's still faster than wasting 4 - 5 hrs at my local DMV. The El Centro DMV is supposed to be just as fast/even faster and the lady at the Brawley DMV told me to go to the El Centro one for a vehicle VIN inspection because they will come out and inspect it when you push a buzzer, no appt. necessary, no need to stand in line inside. 

Did Brawley last season, was in and out in 45 min for real I'd

Just another reason to hit Mother G! Peace