haul'n

Best LED replacements for exterior floods???

I have a weekend warrior with the standard halogen floods and want to upgrade. Whats everyone using? I got a set of bulbs that looked the same but didn't actually fit into the housing when I tried to install them. 

Any links to products would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I purchased these https://weekendwarriorpartsandservice.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fled-floodlight-assembly and have been pretty happy with them.  Very bright, yet not obnoxious when camped in a circle or close to others. I have a volt meter installed in my trailer and when you turn these lights on vs the halogen there is a big difference. Halogen would take the volt meter from 13ish to 11ish. LED's hardly make it move from 13ish to like 12.8.

Good luck.

I got a couple replacement led from m4led and had to modify the wiring and add a ground for about 50 percent more light but no hi and low only on. You  can Change out the whole light go to something else besides that blue circle with the high low beam. I took out the blue circle and replaced it with a cheap 2x2 cube light,( flush mount ) and its way better.  only pic I could find ,its on the side of my enclosed trailer maybe u can see it. 

BUT, the best money I have spent on trailer lighting is the rigid scene lights. (Small rectangle below w.w. style light on trailer in picture) they're super small, super bright and don't get hot. I have them in Amber and white and they work amazing!

IMG_20191109_163120417.jpg

7 hours ago, haul'n said:

I have a weekend warrior with the standard halogen floods and want to upgrade. Whats everyone using? I got a set of bulbs that looked the same but didn't actually fit into the housing when I tried to install them. 

Any links to products would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I don't remember the exact lights I used, but I remember them being really cheap and bright.  I had to make a shim behind the light so it would push up against the bezel.  Another person I know used spray foam and then after it dried just cut away some for it to fit.  Worked perfect also.